Batman is kind of a dick (spoilers)

#1 Edited by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

After listening to a bombcast where they said Batman is a dick I was dismissive at first. But then there was the mission to rescue Freeze after you have destroyed the jammers.

Now okay, the Penguin has killed cops at this point and when you meet freeze for the first time Batman rips his life support system out of his chest for answers. But when you defeat penguin and freeze gets hit suit back freeze merely steps on the penguin's hand which batman already broke early in the game and Batman says "That's Enough Freeze"

I'm sorry but "WTF" even for comic book standards. So it's ok for Batman to shit all over Freeze in this instance when he's incapacitated and helpless, and it's okay for Batman to beat the shit out of the penguin but Freeze can't even step on the Penguin's hand. Even after Freeze got totally screwed by the penguin, and did nothing to the cops, etc. Like the penguin did.

(edit) but oh no if Freeze steps on the penguins hand then thats BAD

#2 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

He also basically told Robin to GTFO of his game the second he makes an appearance. Hell Robin even saved his ass but he still pushes him away haha

#3 Posted by SMTDante89 (2577 posts) -

Batman stopped Freeze because Batman realized further torturing the Penguin wouldn't bring his parents back.

#4 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2130 posts) -

Sometimes to be the hero you have to be a dick.

That's how that line goes right?

#5 Posted by Pezen (1604 posts) -

He's probably just in a sour mood because Alfred is constantly making Batman look like a fool with sarcastic remarks whenever he calls to discuss his plan of attack.

I don't even know the point of those little talks.

#6 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

@Pezen said:

He's probably just in a sour mood because Alfred is constantly making Batman look like a fool with sarcastic remarks whenever he calls to discuss his plan of attack. I don't even know the point of those little talks.

Alfred is Batman's surrogate father, and like all father-son relationships, Bruce is always seeking approval and Alfred is always treating him like a bitch.

Wait, what?

#7 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@Pezen said:

He's probably just in a sour mood because Alfred is constantly making Batman look like a fool with sarcastic remarks whenever he calls to discuss his plan of attack. I don't even know the point of those little talks.

Alfred is Batman's surrogate father, and like all father-son relationships, Bruce is always seeking approval and Alfred is always treating him like a bitch.

Wait, what?

#8 Posted by Tennmuerti (8100 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@Pezen said:

Wait, what?

LMAO

#9 Posted by Cretaceous_Bob (506 posts) -

I think it's more an issue of Freeze is not Batman, and face-stepping may be prelude to worse things, whereas Batman doesn't do more than is necessary. And it's not like Batman broke Penguin's hand while Penguin was prostrate and subdued; he was trying to punch Batman in the face.

Batman has a clear line. You don't do shit Batman's not okay with and you don't try to punch the Bat-Man, no punchies.

Besides, I think Batman sees the difference between Freeze and Penguin. He seems to kind of have some understanding of where Freeze is coming from, whereas Penguin is just a place to put his punches.

#10 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Alfred is the real dick.

#11 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Whatever! Whatever! He do what he wants!!!

Anyways, it's not that far off from he usually does, he's broken people's ribs and what not to get them to talk while he interrogates and what not... but he never kills lol He's probably more restraint than what any other person would do, he would go far enough but not too far....

#12 Posted by kennybaese (665 posts) -

I like the fact that Batman is an asshole in the game. You don't mess with the Batman.

All in all, it feels like their giving the characters their own identity in these games rather than just sticking with stuff that's already been done. I would like to see the rest of the Bat family in future games. Tim seems like he could be interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.