Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Calendar Man

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Dreamfall31

I beat the game a few days ago and upon trying to get all of the Riddler stuff I found Calendar Man in the jail cell of Two-Face's court room. I thought it was a neat little easter egg to put in this game. I noticed when you talk to him that he keeps mentioning Halloween and to visit him then. I looked at the trophy list and one of the acheivements is called Storyteller and its description is "Have 12 Murderous Dates with Calendar Man". So aparrently there are 12 different holidays you have to visit him in order to get this trophy. I'm excited to see what happens on Halloween, but I wonder if this means if you miss one holiday that you have to wait a WHOLE year to get it again. I really don't want to pull an Animal Crossing Resetti and cheat to get each holiday, but I don't know if I have it in me to remember to boot the game up each time one comes along!

So has anyone heard if you can cheat the system and get all of the holidays by changing your systems date? If not I'm gonna have to mark in on my real calendar or phone or something to remember!

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

You can cheat to get the achievement, yeah.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By ADAMWD

The calendar next to his cell has dates circled, you have to talk to him on those days to unlock the achievement. Without cheating, you'd have to wait until August of next year to unlock the achievement.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dreamfall31

ah well...cool concept for him and the acheivement, but I'm never gonna remember! Thanks guys!

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By rockinkemosabe

I got the achievement by changing the date on the system. I know it's dirty. But I don't have time to wait a year to get one achievement. Although, I will have great admiration for anyone you commits to getting the achievement by booting the game up on those dates for a year.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Bestostero

hmmm...so you CAN cheat this achievement... :)

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Colt

I'm determined to get this legit for some crazy reason. Batman makes all holidays better.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By N7

Calendar Man was a huge disappointment. He was so cool though. I like his voice.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@N7 said:

Calendar Man was a huge disappointment. He was so cool though. I like his voice.

How is he a disappointment? He's a barely B-tier Batman villain whose gimmick is committing crimes on specific dates. That he's given anything special to do at all in the game is remarkable in itself.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By N7
    @Hailinel said:

@N7 said:

How is he a disappointment? He's a barely B-tier Batman villain whose gimmick is committing crimes on specific dates. That he's given anything special to do at all in the game is remarkable in itself.

He had potential to be totally awesome though, with how Rocksteady was talking about him. Then you see him... And all he does is tell you stories(That, given, I found fun) and limps back to his bed.
    Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dreamfall31

It would have been cool if somehow he escapes each major holiday and there was a side mission you did each day. Like some sort of Christmas themed murder he commits, or with other various holidays.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nightriff

@FoxMulder said:

It would have been cool if somehow he escapes each major holiday and there was a side mission you did each day. Like some sort of Christmas themed murder he commits, or with other various holidays.

That sounds amazing..Rocksteady get on this idea NOW

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel

@N7 said:

@Hailinel said:

@N7 said:

He had potential to be totally awesome though, with how Rocksteady was talking about him. Then you see him... And all he does is tell you stories(That, given, I found fun) and limps back to his bed.

I don't recall reading anything prior to the game's release that Calendar Man was going to be anything other than a glorified storyteller.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By N7
    @Hailinel said:

@N7 said:

@Hailinel said:

@N7 said:

I don't recall reading anything prior to the game's release that Calendar Man was going to be anything other than a glorified storyteller.

I used to be a member of a forum called Arkhamcity.co.uk and at first, it was a fansite, and then Rocksteady came in and started helping out(Which is why I left... Got waaaay too mainstream) and you would be surprised just what Rocksteady was saying about this game. Long story short, they ended up detailing almost every single thing you'd be doing, even saying that "OMG Oracle has been kidnapped and you have to save her!". That turned out to not be true(Or maybe DLC, as Oracle wasn't there for the most part of the game).

Long story short, I hitched a ride on a hype-train I had no reason being on.
    Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Crash_Happy

@FoxMulder said:

This exactly. Oh man!

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By lusence

lol so it goes by the system date? taht would be cool if it was a hot chick, i mean come on bats gots to get loose some time or another, and you could like have VR sex with someone, maybe catwoman, robin if your that way... no judgement here... you gotta like glide through little rings until you land on the 'egg' as a sperm side quest, to have a baby....

whew that was like a stroke of genius, i need to rest now....

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@Hailinel said:

@N7 said:

Indeed he is pretty lame. Committing crimes on specific dates... isn't that what all criminals do if they ever plan something?

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ltsmash

I'm a big fan of Long Halloween/Dark Victory so Calendar Man's inclusion is a neat little thing.

Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mike512

I went on the 360 achievements website and someone said they got banned from Live for a week for network manipulation or something like that. Has this happened to anyone or anyone they know? I think what I might do is just sign out of Live and then change the date and get every holiday except Halloween and then on Monday just get the last date and achievement then but I don't want to do it if I get in trouble.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people can wait a year for a trophy/achievement...also I frequent akramcity.co.uk and while they do get a little batwild at times the whole oracle kidnapped things was just a misunderstanding based on early reports of the courthouse demo.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By EmuLeader

I found him the first time in the courthouse looking for trophies. Is it just me, or does anyone else think the ominous mumbling is really creepy? Especially before you actually see him and just hear it in the background.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fetchfox

The best part is when you've done all twelve months. Go back in and see him then....

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Divina_Rex

my friend already has the achievement though and it hasn't been a full year. He just changed the dates and well it makes sense sine he is an achievement whore.

jdw519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jdw519

I will happily play this game until next year, bring it on Calendar Man

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By CenturionCajun

As a friendly reminder today is Thanksgiving so don't forget to go and talk to him.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HellBrendy

@Colt said:

I'm determined to get this legit for some crazy reason. Batman makes all holidays better.

Same here. But I know come march, I'll start to forget it.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bestostero

Got mines :)

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Ramone

@lusence said:

lol so it goes by the system date? taht would be cool if it was a hot chick, i mean come on bats gots to get loose some time or another, and you could like have VR sex with someone, maybe catwoman, robin if your that way... no judgement here... you gotta like glide through little rings until you land on the 'egg' as a sperm side quest, to have a baby....

whew that was like a stroke of genius, i need to rest now....

Wh-What the hell are you talking about dude?

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By Colt

Happy Labor Day! Congrats on anyone else who bothered to get the achievement legit.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By bkbroiler

oh man, i was playing the game normally today and almost forgot! whew.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By Vinny_Says

Brothers in arms Hell's Highway did this too, but you couldn't cheat it. These types of achievements are neat if done right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.