Completed the Azrael side-quest, Slightly confused (spoliers?)

#1 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1020 posts) -

Straight after I had completed it another objective came up, Go to batcave and find out some stuff about azrael. I think?

But the batcave doesnt exist in this game. I was tempted to play Asylum again to see if there was an update or something but I doubt it. What is going on with this pseudo objective?

#2 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

it's a side quest that hints at the next game, probably

#3 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo said:

Straight after I had completed it another objective came up, Go to batcave and find out some stuff about azrael. I think?

But the batcave doesnt exist in this game. I was tempted to play Asylum again to see if there was an update or something but I doubt it. What is going on with this pseudo objective?

It's a side quest that hints at the next game. Try finishing the Identity Theft missions. Does the same thing.
#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo said:

I assume its hints at a third game. 
#5 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1020 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: Damn that feels kinda cheap.

#6 Posted by Pie (7095 posts) -

Could it be possible DLC?

#7 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4796 posts) -

@Pie said:

Could it be possible DLC?

It's possible, but the nature of Batman investigations and the side quests in particular lend themselves much better to expansion packs rather than DLC. Since video games don't do expansion packs anymore, everyone is assuming that these threads will be picked up for Batman 3. I agree with them.

#8 Posted by Barrock (3532 posts) -

Oh man, wouldn't it be awesome if you switched discs to Asylum and it had new content?

#9 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

There's also a concept art of him in the collector's edition. You would think he would have a bigger role in this game, but guess not...or at least not yet.

#10 Posted by PandaBear (1371 posts) -

What is it with people here? The game'snot out that long and you're posting spoilers in the forum titles? Geezus.

#11 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

@PandaBear said:

What is it with people here? The game'snot out that long and you're posting spoilers in the forum titles? Geezus.

My thoughts exactly...so incredibly inconsiderate

#12 Posted by jaymorgoth (242 posts) -

Just another part of laying the groundwork for the third Batman game. I wonder if they really will use that trademark for Ashes of Gotham now, seems to be where all the hints are pointing to.

#13 Edited by Barrock (3532 posts) -

@PandaBear said:

Don't worry. It's really not much of a spoiler. You see him at the beginning of the game and he's included in the Collector's Edition's art book.

Hell, I think the TV trailer gives away more by giving away one of the bosses.

#14 Posted by DarkChris (17 posts) -

Amd he says something that Batman will close the gates of Hell. I hope he means it literally!

#15 Edited by Slaker117 (4841 posts) -

Didn't bother me nearly as much as the end of the ID thief side mission.

#16 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1020 posts) -

@PandaBear: What spolier is in the title?

@Galiant: How is the title a spoiler?

#17 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo Azrael.
#18 Posted by alexl86 (621 posts) -

I can't remember what he said, but are you sure he didn't say Batcomputer? I didn't get a sense that there was anything like a batcave after that side mission.

#19 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -

What I found even stranger about that whole thing is how he leaves you a map to find him, and when you find him he goes "BATMAN! HOW DID YOU FIND ME" and Batman's all "Uhhh... You left me a map..." And then he's all "OH! RIGHT! We're gonna fucking kill you! But not today! In fact I'm not sure when! But... WATCH OUT! WIGGIDY WOBBIDY!!" then he does that arm-blade into a puff of smoke and disappears.

Batman has to go through a lot of shit in his life.

#20 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Spoliers: There's a batcave in the game.

And, did you really have to include a spoiler in the title? Part of the fun of these games is discovering characters and hidden stuff by yourself, especially an actual side-mission.

#21 Posted by PandaBear (1371 posts) -

@Galiant said:

@ItBeStefYo Azrael.

Yeah that part. It's not the world's biggest deal, but I dunno ... I'm a casual Batman fan (like I subscribe to Detective Comics and Batman) so I'd have liked to have found this out on my own. Not huge, but still a tad annoying.

#22 Posted by theveej (830 posts) -

For me it seemed to be in character for Azrael to do something like that and I'm excited about potential of the next game, seems like they expanding the scope with each game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.