So I've been thinking about this a lot and i've come to the conclusion that Batman is either completely insane or just shit faced all the time.
I'm not even sure Arkham City happened, I'm pretty sure that was just some sick fucking trip of some kind. I mean a city that's been turned into a prison? What?
Even disregarding all the multitude of ways in which Batman has suffered physical abuse in the last two games, let's just look at all the shit he has been on:
- Took major doses of Scarecrow gas to the face on several occasions
- Talked to fucking ghosts
- Massive second hand exposure to Titan throughout both games
- Got injected with Titan at the end of Asylum
- Had the dying Joker's fucking blood injected into him
- Drank some crazy voodoo demon juice so he could go on a spirit quest with Ra's
- Had his mind fucked up so bad by Mad Hatter that he thought he was fighting giant rabbits on a floating clock
And after all that we're still supposed to think that Bruce Wayne is this completely calm, collected guy? I mean the dude has schizophrenia AT LEAST, and I still don't by this prison city shit.
You can't prove that Arham City isn't just some drug induced coma, I mean Titan killed the Joker and we're supposed to believe Batman's just a-okay after all this shit? Likely story.
I mean think about it, where did all that Riddler shit come from, why the fuck are Ra's and Grundy and all the other villains who weren't even arrested all in the same exact place? None of it makes any fucking sense. And then we find out it's like 1980 or something?
Then explain this shit.
© 2009 Arkham Asylum
That's right, I just blew your god damn mind.
The Joker isn't dead, Ra's is still out to rule the world, and this whole prison city bull shit was just a hallucination suffered after a massive injection of Titan serum.