Does listening to the henchmen's conversations pay off?

#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Is it all just random jibba jabba to give these thugs a personality and make the world feel alive by having current events discussed, with a little gossip on the side, or does sitting there for two minutes listening to what they say somehow pay off later on?  I know that this game doesn't even go remotely near the AI complexity of an RPG, but hey, maybe you can actually learn shit from listening to these idiots? 

To listen or to tackle? Decisions.
#2 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

Shoot that guy !

#3 Posted by EuanDewar (5033 posts) -

Sometimes you'll get a "Oh did you hear bane's out there?" or something to that effect but mostly it's for colour.

#4 Posted by Brendan (7845 posts) -

It's there to distract you from commencing the tackling. Don't let it.

#5 Posted by Zella (774 posts) -

There is one case where it is useful/needed but you'll probably know when.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Zella said:

There is one case where it is useful/needed but you'll probably know when.

Oh hey Batman. Thanks for the tip!
#7 Posted by EVO (3919 posts) -

It became an OCD thing of mine to listen to every conversation. If I accidentally alerted them, I'd even go back to the last checkpoint.

#8 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

@EVO said:

It became an OCD thing of mine to listen to every conversation. If I accidentally alerted them, I'd even go back to the last checkpoint.

Yeah, sometimes if it sounded important I'd do that but other times I relished in going "I'm fucking Batman, what do they have to tell me?"

#9 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I really loved listening to them.

#10 Posted by Intro (1208 posts) -

Pay off as in helping you defeat the enemies easier, or pay off as in getting a great laugh.

I personally listen to them as much as possible just because they're hilarious.

#11 Posted by thellama042 (110 posts) -

Generally, it's just flavor dialog. It can sometimes lead to finding a political prisoner to save, but those conversations are pretty obvious when you hear them. They're pretty violent conversations...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.