Favorite Villain?

#1 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I think it has to be Mr. Freeze. I like the fact that he isn't 'hardcore grungy' like so many other of the villains in the game. He has a sort of soft, calm quality about him. Also, I loved the boss fight with him the most.

Mr Freeze Concept Art

How about you?

#2 Posted by 49th (2758 posts) -

Mr. Freeze was definitely my favourite boss fight but Joker has to win best villain.

#3 Posted by Junkerman (263 posts) -

@Dany: Mr. Freeze without a doubt, from the moment he put the suit on and his voice changed to that cold, steel-twanged chill it sent shivers down my spine. He reminded me of The Animated Series, which I've placed on the highest pedestal I own.

#4 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

Freeze had the best voice on the animated series.  Sadly the guy who voiced him is 89 now.  Not that Maurice Lamarche is bad by any means.   

I think the Penguin had the best hideout though.   That place was pretty tricked out for being in a quarantined hell hole.   

#5 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

The Joker, easily.

#6 Posted by Soapy86 (2621 posts) -

I'm a pretty big Batman fan, but I've never paid much attention to Penguin before. However, Arkham City made me love him. Despite how long the character has been around, I really feel like Arkham City is the first really definitive portrayal of the character.

Mr. Freeze comes in seconds though.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I initially read the title as "Favorite Vinny". I now demand a thread dedicated to that very subject.

#8 Posted by Intro (1207 posts) -

Freeze, mainly because of how awesome the fight was.

However I never completed the game because my save file got corrupted due to a glitch in the game, so maybe there's a better one with Joker at the end.

#9 Posted by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -

I'm going the easy route and saying The Joker.

@Soapy86: Yeah, I was almost going to say The Penguin if only because he is usually so lame that him being a cool and convincing villain was a fantastic surprise :)

#10 Posted by super_psycho (18 posts) -

Ra's al ghul

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Junkerman said:

@Dany: Mr. Freeze without a doubt, from the moment he put the suit on and his voice changed to that cold, steel-twanged chill it sent shivers down my spine. He reminded me of The Animated Series, which I've placed on the highest pedestal I own.

+1
#12 Posted by amoremono1 (128 posts) -

Mine might actually be clayface; he can be any villain. Id like to see him come back if they make a 3rd game...

#13 Posted by benspyda (2034 posts) -

Joker was the best obviously, but taking him out of the equation probably had to be freeze. I wish there was more two-face in the game though or I may have went with him.

#14 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Mad Hatter. Hi-larious!

#15 Posted by ScoreSetter (76 posts) -

The fight itself wasn't amazing, but I loved the part with Solomon Grundy. He was so freaking huge!

#16 Posted by NTM (7381 posts) -

This sucks man. This is the number one game I still need to play from last year, and I haven't yet! AHHHHH!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.