Game Informer’s Batman: Arkham City 10/10

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -
#3 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

Yeah, at least link the damn thing, man. Or have something to say about it.

#4 Edited by Contro (2040 posts) -

I'll buy.

#5 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

@Contro said:

F'I'll buy.

"F'I'LL"?

#6 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I don't know, I still have a bad feeling about that game.

#7 Posted by jacksmedulla (281 posts) -

@JJOR64: Sorry, I'm not very forum savvy.

#8 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

There will be a review/quicklook before it releases on the site, so hopefully that will help.

#9 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1216 posts) -

Can't wait, 7 days is to many

#10 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

This is going to be a long week.

#11 Posted by 49th (2844 posts) -

God damn, I can't wait any more! Freezing myself, thaw me out in 2 weeks.

#12 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

6 more days...gonna go pick mines up at Best Buy along with Batman Year One and get the Best Buy exclusive Robin character :)

#13 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -

@xhavoc86 said:

6 more days...gonna go pick mines up at Best Buy along with Batman Year One and get the Best Buy exclusive Robin character :)

I ordered a Nvidia card within the past month. I'm getting it from Steam (via nvidia) for free fifty-free.

#14 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1044 posts) -

@Matthew said:

@xhavoc86 said:

I ordered a Nvidia card within the past month. I'm getting it from Steam (via nvidia) for free fifty-free.

That's my kind of price.

I have it coming from Amazon on the Xbox. GI has written some good reviews in the past so I'm pretty pumped.

#15 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Oh god. 3 reviews so far—two 10/10s, and one 97% that called it the new standard that all games should be compared against. THIS LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

#16 Posted by project343 (2838 posts) -

Loved the first one. But man, some of the voicework needs, well, work. At least going by what the trailers have shown.

#17 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

hopefully it wins GOTY which the first should have gotten... fuck Uncharted 2, thats right, i said it! :(

#18 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

My only concern is this game will have 0 replay value like Arkham Asylum did. The game was fantastic and over all too quick with no reason to go back to it apart from the Riddler trophies. I wish it would have had a 2nd game + option.

#19 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

@MetalMoog said:

My only concern is this game will have 0 replay value like Arkham Asylum did. The game was fantastic and over all too quick with no reason to go back to it apart from the Riddler trophies. I wish it would have had a 2nd game + option.

this one does have new game +

#20 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

If there's one game this year worth getting a semi over I think this would be it.

#21 Posted by Aegon (5823 posts) -
@benpicko said:

Oh god. 3 reviews so far—two 10/10s, and one 97% that called it the new standard that all games should be compared against. THIS LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

I think it probably is too good to be true. 
#22 Posted by TheSmashing (313 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:

hopefully it wins GOTY which the first should have gotten... fuck Uncharted 2, thats right, i said it! :(

Rhaknar: Best of 2009
1. Borderlands
2. Street Fighter IV
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
4. Assassin's Creed II
5. Dragon Age: Origins
6. Batman: Arkham Asylum 

What made you change your opinion? 
#23 Posted by Fjordson (2432 posts) -

Yeah, reviews have been insanely positive. GI said it's the "best use of a license in the industry's history."

Six more long days =(

#24 Posted by spazmaster666 (1991 posts) -

Damn it, I knew I'd regret preordering the PC version but what can say, I want my high res and smooth frame rate, even if that means that I will have to wait until Nov 8th.

#25 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:

Why is that? (I'm assuming that you thought Arkham Asylum rocked like the rest of us)
#26 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@spazmaster666 said:

Damn it, I knew I'd regret preordering the PC version but what can say, I want my high res and smooth frame rate, even if that means that I will have to wait until Nov 8th.

Wait a second, did I miss something?

#27 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Why is that? (I'm assuming that you thought Arkham Asylum rocked like the rest of us)

Remember this isn't based on anything factual or anything resembling any kind of decent logic.....But I feel like at a point every week or so it was "NEW CHARACTER CONFIRMED TO SHOW UP IN ARKHAM CITY" so I just ended up having this variety show feeling about the whole thing which immediatly put me off.

Yeah it's a dumb reason but I have a bad feeling that instead of putting cool hints to characters like they did in Arkham Asylum they're just trying to cram in too many appearances.

#28 Posted by Redbullet685 (6084 posts) -

@49th said:

God damn, I can't wait any more! Freezing myself, thaw me out in 2 weeks.

What? It comes out next Tuesday!

#29 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1057 posts) -

The only review I really trust is my own but I couldn't help but do this after hearing about a few scores that are out there already.

#30 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:

Remember this isn't based on anything factual or anything resembling any kind of decent logic.....

Yeah it's a dumb reason 

Why are you so worried about sounding illogical or dumb? What the hell is wrong with expressing groundless fears and worries? No wonder you always had something funny to say whenever i criticized Battlefield 3 :P 
These are video games, anything could go wrong with them, our hunches and predictions are often correct, there's nothing wrong with being critical or negative for the love of god. 

And you actually did make a great point. While Arkham Asylum's greatest charm was how subtle and dark it was, giving us hints and referencing villains through Nigma's riddles, this game feels like a villain fashion show that just wants to wow us in the face.
#31 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Remember this isn't based on anything factual or anything resembling any kind of decent logic.....

Yeah it's a dumb reason

Why are you so worried about sounding illogical or dumb? What the hell is wrong with expressing groundless fears and worries?

Because I feel like I'm being unfair. T_______T

#32 Edited by KamikazeCaterpillar (1130 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Me too and I don't know why I feel that way.

@Rhaknar said:

Completely agree.

#33 Posted by Eversoranimus (122 posts) -

Arkham City and Year One coming out on the same day. Next Tuesday is going to rock, Forza 4 will have to keep me entertained until then.

#34 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

@Eversoranimus said:

Arkham City and Year One coming out on the same day. Next Tuesday is going to rock, Forza 4 will have to keep me entertained until then.

YEAH it will!!! I'm surprised we haven't heard of any exclusives given for buying the Batman Year One movie....I hope there is one!!!

#35 Posted by hoossy (939 posts) -

I need to get my school work caught up on before I pick this up...

#36 Posted by 49th (2844 posts) -

@Redbullet685:

Not in Europe, not in the country the game was developed in! Hope you like waiting 3 extra days!

#37 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

Got this for $48 on Newegg w/ coupon code, totally forgot I had until today when I was on Newegg for something else. Can't wait. Love Arkham Asylum, this one will no doubt be completely epic.

#38 Posted by finche (10 posts) -

i just don't know where to start.  dark souls, skyrim or batman ac.  I think i may go insane by years end.

#39 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I pre-ordered so I get Robin and..catwoman?

#40 Edited by altairre (1280 posts) -
#41 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

Is this game going to give me a bat-boner? Probably.

#42 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Remember this isn't based on anything factual or anything resembling any kind of decent logic.....But I feel like at a point every week or so it was "NEW CHARACTER CONFIRMED TO SHOW UP IN ARKHAM CITY" so I just ended up having this variety show feeling about the whole thing which immediatly put me off.

Yeah it's a dumb reason but I have a bad feeling that instead of putting cool hints to characters like they did in Arkham Asylum they're just trying to cram in too many appearances.

The first game had a bunch of villains in there too.

Killer Croc

Joker

Scarecrow

Riddler

Poison Ivy

Victor Zsasz

Bane

Harley Quinn

#43 Posted by JEC03 (919 posts) -

I'm sure the game is great but seriously early reviews like this are obviously paid off.

#44 Posted by probablytuna (3822 posts) -

CANNOT WAIT>

#45 Posted by jacksmedulla (281 posts) -

@JEC03: Obviously paid for?

#46 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@JEC03 said:

I'm sure the game is great but seriously early reviews like this are obviously paid off.

no

#47 Posted by ChernobylCow (238 posts) -

Game informer review: "The size of the game is daunting. I still have a ways to go to reach 100 percent, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have invested over 60 hours so far. Throw in the new game plus and a dizzying number of combat challenges for both Batman and his feline friend and this game could be one of the biggest and most enjoyable time sinks of the year."

Sounds like exaggeration but what I take away from it and having heard how many more riddler trophies there are there'll be more "meat" to the game. Which is great. I got 100% three times in Arkham Asylum. Best collectibles ever. And I hate collectibles, generally. Good to know some designers can do them right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.