Help with second Riddler Hostage...

#1 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

So I started up the Riddler quest today, and used the Enigma machine to "locate" the second Riddler Hostage. Only problem is, I mark him on my map and go the location... and there's nothing there. At least nothing apparent. There's a Riddler trophy also in about the same spot, but I don't see anywhere to enter to find a Hostage. Anybody wanna give me a hint?

#2 Posted by project343 (2817 posts) -

There's a door on the backside of the building, against the city wall. Assuming it was in the same spot for me.

Also, never stop using supervision. Ever.

#3 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

@project343:

I'll check it out. I do always keep supervision on when I'm searching for something, but it's a lot more disorienting now.

I jumped across to the other side of the building and found the alleyway where Bruce's parents were shot, if that helps to orient you.

#4 Posted by xxizzypop (577 posts) -

The Riddler Rooms are marked by a large green question mark on a brick wall. You need to walk up to it and search it. Batman will break down the wall and you'll see a door. I'm not sure if that'll be helpful or not, but here's to hoping it helps, haha.

#5 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#6 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

If you put a waypoint marker on the map, the bat signal will literally point to where you need to go.

#7 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5411 posts) -

Walking up to the green question mark on the wall will initiate a button prompt. Press it to break the wall open and reveal a door.

#8 Posted by DarkGamer101 (2 posts) -

Actually, this is the first hostage. The second is when you go to break down the wall and get inside there is a switch and it shows the 2nd hostage. Well like the ball game when u put one in one cup and watch all 3 cups and pick the right you win; well its like that with the guard. Anyway when u fail it says "The Ridder doesn't play by the rules. Check and Make sure he is not cheating" Can someone PLZ help me idk what to do.

#9 Posted by N7 (3584 posts) -
@DarkGamer101 said:

Actually, this is the first hostage. The second is when you go to break down the wall and get inside there is a switch and it shows the 2nd hostage. Well like the ball game when u put one in one cup and watch all 3 cups and pick the right you win; well its like that with the guard. Anyway when u fail it says "The Ridder doesn't play by the rules. Check and Make sure he is not cheating" Can someone PLZ help me idk what to do.

Use detective vision.
#10 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Found it immediately today when I started it up. Thanks everyone for pointing out my stupidity.

I was relying so much on Detective Mode to sniff out doors, I never thought to just physically investigate a wall with a big green question mark on it. I kind of fail at parts of the game that don't involve me putting my fist into thugs faces...

#11 Posted by DarkGamer101 (2 posts) -

Thanks N7, by the way after i posted that i tried it again and was playing around pressing random buttons and figured it out

#12 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

Run up to the wall with the question mark and then you'll get a prompt. Took me forever to figure it out.

#13 Posted by fetchfox (1260 posts) -

I hate to admit it, but I to didn't at first figure out that you had to crack down the wall to get to the hostage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.