How to Access Riddler Hostages? And Other Things.

#1 Posted by Duffyside (884 posts) -

So the game is complete, as are most of the side quests, which I didn't really start delving into after the story was complete. The first two Riddler Hostages opened up, but the Third still hasn't popped. Also the Identify Theft missions don't seem to popping up any more either. All that is on my map are a bunch of trophies to hunt down. Oh, and there are like no enemies in the top right quadrant of the map, meaning I also can't find a Riddler informant to beat up to reveal trophies for those areas.

Reunited the Couple, Beat the Assassin, Stopped the Phone Calls, Political Prisoners Saved... but everything seems to have stopped now. Am I missing something? Do I need to do something?

#2 Posted by Catarrhal (820 posts) -

Riddler's hostages will be revealed once you've found the requisite number of trophies, etc. It's true, there are virtually no enemies to be found in Amusement Mile from that point on, but informants found in The Bowery, Industrial Zone, and Park Row will still reveal trophies in other locations.

As far as the Identity Theft mission is concerned--strangely, there's no further assistance to be had. In other words, you just have to find the next two victims on your own. They're fairly well-hidden and are both found at ground level.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Duffyside said:

So the game is complete, as are most of the side quests, which I didn't really start delving into after the story was complete. The first two Riddler Hostages opened up, but the Third still hasn't popped. Also the Identify Theft missions don't seem to popping up any more either. All that is on my map are a bunch of trophies to hunt down. Oh, and there are like no enemies in the top right quadrant of the map, meaning I also can't find a Riddler informant to beat up to reveal trophies for those areas.

Reunited the Couple, Beat the Assassin, Stopped the Phone Calls, Political Prisoners Saved... but everything seems to have stopped now. Am I missing something? Do I need to do something?

They are kinda easy to find. Just look for back allies that dead end and all that. Turn on detective vision. They are blue bodies laying down not moving. 
#4 Edited by Chaser324 (6335 posts) -

@Catarrhal: Yeah, the Identity Theft mission is odd the way it expects you to just randomly stumble across two other dead bodies in random alleyways. I have to admit that I broke down and looked up a video on Youtube to find the locations. I imagine a lot of people probably won't even bother to do that, which is a shame considering that this mission probably has a decent chance of popping up again in whatever the next Batman/Arkham game is (same goes for the "watcher" mission).

Also, I found it odd that the final Riddler hostage mission opens up as soon as you get to 400, even though you could've gotten 40 of those as Catwoman and still have 40 more to get as Batman.

#5 Posted by Duffyside (884 posts) -

@Catarrhal said:

Riddler's hostages will be revealed once you've found the requisite number of trophies, etc. It's true, there are virtually no enemies to be found in Amusement Mile from that point on, but informants found in The Bowery, Industrial Zone, and Park Row will still reveal trophies in other locations.

As far as the Identity Theft mission is concerned--strangely, there's no further assistance to be had. In other words, you just have to find the next two victims on your own. They're fairly well-hidden and are both found at ground level.

Ooof, I hope this isn't true. I've found so many damn trophies I feel. Want to do something else for a break. But thanks for your help.

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Chaser324 said:

@Catarrhal: Yeah, the Identity Theft mission is odd the way it expects you to just randomly stumble across two other dead bodies in random alleyways. I have to admit that I broke down and looked up a video on Youtube to find the locations. I imagine a lot of people probably won't even bother to do that, which is a shame considering that this mission probably has a decent chance of popping up again in whatever the next Batman/Arkham game is (same goes for the "watcher" mission).

Also, I found it odd that the final Riddler hostage mission opens up as soon as you get to 400, even though you could've gotten 40 of those as Catwoman and still have 40 more to get as Batman.

Do the cat women ones count? I just saved the third hostage. How many are in all? And is it only trophies? Do the challenges cameras balloons and riddles count? 
#7 Posted by Catarrhal (820 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Do the challenges cameras balloons and riddles count?

Yes, they do. As others mentioned, Catwoman's trophies are optional, but that's kind of a technicality. Ultimately, if your status reads 400/440, then you're prepared to face the Riddler.

Also, whereas Batman cannot pick up Catwoman's trophies, she can totally grab any of his that are within reach.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Catarrhal said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Do the challenges cameras balloons and riddles count?

Yes, they do. As others mentioned, Catwoman's trophies are optional, but that's kind of a technicality. Ultimately, if your status reads 400/440, then you're prepared to face the Riddler.

Also, whereas Batman cannot pick up Catwoman's trophies, she can totally grab any of his that are within reach.

So she can steal his? Damn..I got a lot of hunting to do....gonna take a wile. 
#9 Posted by Chaser324 (6335 posts) -

Yeah, I did manage to get a few green trophies as Catwoman, but it's rare that you actually stumble across any that don't require one of Batman's gadgets to access.

I have to say though that once you start focusing just on the Riddler stuff, you'll be surprised at how quickly you can start knocking it out. Having to only get 400/440 makes things quite a bit easier too.

#10 Posted by woody123456789 (1 posts) -

Its

Riddle 1- 0 challenges completed

Riddle 2- 0 challenges completed

Riddle 3- 80 challenges completed

Riddle 4- 160 challenges completed

Riddle 5- 240 challenges completed

Riddle 6- 320 challenges completed

Oracle- 400 challenges completed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.