Is the DLC worth it for in game?

#1 Edited by NTM (7234 posts) -

I'm not one that enjoyed this game all that much. I bought it a few months after its release, and because I absolutely loved Arkham Asylum, I was very excited to play this, but when it came to finally getting through it, I found myself not enjoying it all that much. I don't really want to go into details as to why (unless someone asks), 'cause that's not what I'm hear for. I was wondering, does the DLC enhance the experience?

I will say this, sometimes when there are games that are rated highly, and loved or liked by many; a game that I too was excited for before its release, but I ended up not liking for some reason, I always play it more than I probably should. Like right now, I'm installing it to the 360 hard drive to play it to see if I'll enjoy it. Sometimes it happens and I have a change of thought. Anyways, is the DLC worth it? I'm intrigued by the costumes, but what about the other stuff? I was thinking that maybe the DLC is enough spark to get my interest back. Thanks.

#2 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

@NTM: I have the GOTY edition but I only played the Harley Quinn DLC. I tried the animated Batman & Robin costume and immediately switched. While it's cool to have it, it just looks weird as hell. So I wouldn't say buy the costumes. The Harley Quinn DLC takes place 2 weeks after the end of the game and is just Harley being angry. I won't say any more about it but yeah, it's nothing great.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

Wasn't the only DLC more combat rooms and stuff? So if that interests you then I'm sure it is worth getting.

#4 Posted by Zuldim (288 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@NTM: I have the GOTY edition but I only played the Harley Quinn DLC. I tried the animated Batman & Robin costume and immediately switched. While it's cool to have it, it just looks weird as hell. So I wouldn't say buy the costumes. The Harley Quinn DLC takes place 2 weeks after the end of the game and is just Harley being angry. I won't say any more about it but yeah, it's nothing great.

Any major story beats in the Harley Quinn stuff I won't want to miss, as a fan of the series? I mean, don't get specific, but should I play it to know what's going to happen in a theoretical "Batman 3: Batman Hardest"?

#5 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5055 posts) -

@Zuldim said:

@awesomeusername said:

Any major story beats in the Harley Quinn stuff I won't want to miss, as a fan of the series? I mean, don't get specific, but should I play it to know what's going to happen in a theoretical "Batman 3: Batman Hardest"?

The rumor is the next game is a "prequel" silver age based game. Any way if you didn't like the main game all that much I doubt the DLC is gonna do much for you.

#6 Posted by Sloktor (50 posts) -

@Zuldim: Having played the Harley Quinn DLC myself, I just want to say your not missing anything if you don't play it. Hope that isn't to vague of an answer?

#7 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1798 posts) -

Harley Quinn DLC was super short and kind of left me non-plussed.

The costumes are fun for combat challenges, though.

#8 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

@Sloktor: No, that's a good answer. Thanks.

#9 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

I've already done everything in the game minus challenge rooms, 'cause I don't really want to do that; upgrading all of catwoman's abilities, and the riddler trophies. Other than that, I've done everything. I was playing the game yesterday, and pretty much the only thing that was stopping me from truly enjoying it was the fact that music didn't play anymore after you're done with everything, so when you get into combat the music doesn't elevate into anything and it doesn't decrease when you're just roaming around, so I'm just left with sounds and it makes it less compelling, and just the simple fact that I've done everything. All of your answers are good enough for me though, thank you.

#10 Posted by mordukai (7125 posts) -

@NTM said:

I'm not one that enjoyed this game all that much.

You just answered your question right there.

#11 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

@mordukai: Not really.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.