Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Lower Framerate in Interior Levels?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

Im by no means a pc gamer, and I have an old ass laptop with a graphics card that was middling 5 years ago, but I do have something here that seems like an oddity. When I'm playing this game (on low settings at 720p) the game runs absolutely fine in the open world of arkham city, well above 30. But once I enter an interior level, it drops to sub 30 (usually around 25 fps). Doesn't this seem weird? I mean, the open world section must be more demanding on hardware than the interior stuff, right?

Honestly, I probably shouldn't even be making this thread, but from my experience with gaming this seems a little weird. Has anyone ever experienced this problem before?

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Have you tried lowering your shadow levels? Also, disabling the DX11 stuff in City helped a lot of people's framerates.

It didn't have Arkham Knight levels of jank but City wasn't a great port when it was released.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yea, as stated above the dx11 path in Arkham City was never fixed, so just use dx9 which should help maintain a more stable frame rate.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@tuxfool: @dave_tacitus: Unless there's another place I have to go to force dx9 mode besides the config menu when the game starts, I already have all that stuff turned off. Literally everything is off (including the dx10 stuff) and the detail setting is set to low. Maybe some interior areas are just more demanding? It still doesn't make sense to me, but as I said Im not a pc guy. Getting like 40-50 fps outside, and in some instances as low as 20 inside.

The weird thing is, I just installed the game and when I started it for the first time the intro catwomen section ran great, but after messing with settings in the nvidia control panel and restarting the game a few times, I went back and noticed the same section was running poorly. Ive changed everything back to what they should be in the control panel, but it still runs like crap. Open world section still runs fine.

If bad comes to worse, I have the ps3 version (which is where I originally played it). Playing the game on my laptop screen, which is smaller than my tv, makes 720p/low settings still look better than the ps3 version on my larger tv, plus I have the GOTY edition on steam which has all the dlc. I really just want to replay it so I get my fill of batman games for the time being while I wait for Arkham Knight to drop in price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.