Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

On Nightwing Not Talking and Arkham's PA System

imjustbettr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By imjustbettr

When I heard about the Nightwing DLC I was excited as everyone else and like everyone else I was disappointed that he was essentially a mute. 
    I'm ok with this now since there isn't much dialog in challenge mode, and it wouldn't make much sense for NW to give out his location during predator mode just to make a joke. 

BUT 

Wouldn't it be interesting if Nightwing would hack the P.A. system during predator mode? 
    I'm sure the Bat Team has the technology to do it and it could give NW the chance to talk smack to all the criminals. He could taunt and freak them out instead of just the riddler again. 
    It would definitely add variety to the same ol' boring banter. 
    What do you guys think?

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By shaunk

Nightwing aint no Robin. So I'm not for hearing him talk cause hes useless to me.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @imjustbettr@yahoo.com said:
    When I heard about the Nightwing DLC I was excited as everyone else and like everyone else I was disappointed that he was essentially a mute. I'm ok with this now since there isn't much dialog in challenge mode, and it wouldn't make much sense for NW to give out his location during predator mode just to make a joke.  BUT  Wouldn't it be interesting if Nightwing would hack the P.A. system during predator mode? I'm sure the Bat Team has the technology to do it and it could give NW the chance to talk smack to all the criminals. He could taunt and freak them out instead of just the riddler again. It would definitely add variety to the same ol' boring banter. What do you guys think?
    Why let them even know he is there? Thats not the style of any of the team to talk smack really. Aside from younger robin . 

Why record voice work so just a small bit of DLC> 
    SpiritGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By SpiritGoat

Nightwing banter is fun

imjustbettr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By imjustbettr
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    When I heard about the Nightwing DLC I was excited as everyone else and like everyone else I was disappointed that he was essentially a mute. I'm ok with this now since there isn't much dialog in challenge mode, and it wouldn't make much sense for NW to give out his location during predator mode just to make a joke.  BUT  Wouldn't it be interesting if Nightwing would hack the P.A. system during predator mode? I'm sure the Bat Team has the technology to do it and it could give NW the chance to talk smack to all the criminals. He could taunt and freak them out instead of just the riddler again. It would definitely add variety to the same ol' boring banter. What do you guys think?
    Why let them even know he is there? Thats not the style of any of the team to talk smack really. Aside from younger robin .  Why record voice work so just a small bit of DLC> 
    Actually Dick Grayson does talk smack, he smack talks a lot. When he did it as Robin it was usually to infuriate his victims. Even though he's older and a bit more serious, he's still known to be quite playful in a fight. 
    They already know he's in the room after he takes one guy out. Why not let him talk? 
     I can see the criminals freaking out even more because of this actually. 
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

@imjustbettr@yahoo.com: I'm mostly confused why they don't allow you to use these downloadable characters in the main game even after you beat it. I'd like to use these guys just messing around in the city.

imjustbettr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By imjustbettr
    @HatKing said:

@imjustbettr@yahoo.com: I'm mostly confused why they don't allow you to use these downloadable characters in the main game even after you beat it. I'd like to use these guys just messing around in the city.

Agree! I just downloaded the nightwing dlc this afternoon and I've already played the 7 predator maps (6 on disc and the Wayne Manor dlc) I have with him and a lot of the Combat rooms. But now what? 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    Why let them even know he is there? Thats not the style of any of the team to talk smack really. Aside from younger robin .  Why record voice work so just a small bit of DLC> 
    Actually Dick Grayson does talk smack, he smack talks a lot. When he did it as Robin it was usually to infuriate his victims. Even though he's older and a bit more serious, he's still known to be quite playful in a fight. 
    They already know he's in the room after he takes one guy out. Why not let him talk? 
    How would he talk smack and still be able to sneak around? He would have to talk into a Mic. 
    samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By samfo

im a noob is nightwing just robin but grown up?

imjustbettr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By imjustbettr
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    How would he talk smack and still be able to sneak around? He would have to talk into a Mic. 
    Thats why I said it would be cool for him to use the PA system instead of just the joker.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    Thats why I said it would be cool for him to use the PA system instead of just the joker.
    How would he do that? He would have to be talking for his voice to be hear....
    samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By samfo
    @imjustbettr@yahoo.com: tried to pm you back but it didnt work.
    Thanks for clearing that up, i didnt even realise there were multiple robins.
    shows how much i know.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Bestostero

I agree with letting Robin/Nightwing into the main city after you complete the story :(

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Dreamfall31

I'm not a follower of the comics, what would be Nightwing's gadget that is comparable to Batmans grapple? I'd love to play as other characters in the city, but do they have something that works like the grapple? I like Catwoman and all, but I still had a hard time switching to her completley different city roaming style.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Toxin066

@SamFo said:

im a noob is nightwing just robin but grown up?

Yup. He ditched the whole Robin thing, though.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By alexl86

@MasturbatingestBear said:

Nightwing aint no Robin. So I'm not for hearing him talk cause hes useless to me.

Actually, he is. Or technically was. Dick Grayson was the first Robin before taking on the Nightwing persona and was Robin much longer than the Robins since.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shaunk

@alexl86 said:

@MasturbatingestBear said:

Actually, he is. Or technically was. Dick Grayson was the first Robin before taking on the Nightwing persona and was Robin much longer than the Robins since.

Lol yeah I know. That was just my way of saying that if hes to good to be Robin then hes not good enough for me. Robins my dawg.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Crash_Happy

@imjustbettr@yahoo.com:It makes sense not voicing him. The cost wouldn't be prohibitive but just for a couple of lines, is it worth it? More importantly if they wanted to voice him they'd have to go through that whole process of auditioning and if they decided they wanted him in a Batman 3 (if there is one) then it kinda tips their hand about that really.

imjustbettr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By imjustbettr
    @Crash_Happy 
    @The_Laughing_Man:  

Can't really disagree with you guys here, but I still feel like there should be more... character to this character. You know what I mean?  
    This is probably just my disappointment with how much they're giving you in this dlc. I can't help but point out Mass Effect 2's dlc which gave us whole story missions, voice work, and the ability to bring him/her into the main game. It's probably a different case, but I had higher expectations.
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    When I heard about the Nightwing DLC I was excited as everyone else and like everyone else I was disappointed that he was essentially a mute. I'm ok with this now since there isn't much dialog in challenge mode, and it wouldn't make much sense for NW to give out his location during predator mode just to make a joke. BUT Wouldn't it be interesting if Nightwing would hack the P.A. system during predator mode? I'm sure the Bat Team has the technology to do it and it could give NW the chance to talk smack to all the criminals. He could taunt and freak them out instead of just the riddler again. It would definitely add variety to the same ol' boring banter. What do you guys think?
    Why let them even know he is there? Thats not the style of any of the team to talk smack really. Aside from younger robin . Why record voice work so just a small bit of DLC>

Throat mic.

imjustbettr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By imjustbettr
    @W0lfbl1tzers said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    When I heard about the Nightwing DLC I was excited as everyone else and like everyone else I was disappointed that he was essentially a mute. I'm ok with this now since there isn't much dialog in challenge mode, and it wouldn't make much sense for NW to give out his location during predator mode just to make a joke. BUT Wouldn't it be interesting if Nightwing would hack the P.A. system during predator mode? I'm sure the Bat Team has the technology to do it and it could give NW the chance to talk smack to all the criminals. He could taunt and freak them out instead of just the riddler again. It would definitely add variety to the same ol' boring banter. What do you guys think?
    Why let them even know he is there? Thats not the style of any of the team to talk smack really. Aside from younger robin . Why record voice work so just a small bit of DLC>

Throat mic.

I noticed that the penguin has something like that in the game. Or am I just seeing things?
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @W0lfbl1tzers said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

Throat mic.

I noticed that the penguin has something like that in the game. Or am I just seeing things?
    That looks like the thing you have put in when your thrat is taken out cause of cancer. 
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By handlas

he's fun to play with tho. I also wish you could use him in the city after you beat the game. 7 bucks or whatever it was is pretty expensive for just this character in challenge rooms tbh....there's not a whole lot to the DLC. But I enjoyed the game enough to buy it anyway.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kennybaese

I could see something like the PA system thing suggested here being NW's version of the sonic batarang. Could be fun.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

I was a bit let down that Nightwing didn't talk during his missions. I don't know about hacking into the PA or whatever, but there's no reason he shouldn't be wisecracking Spider-man style while he's in the combat challenges. I know it's not cost effective to do all that work just for a DLC that will likely only get minimal sales in a heavily populated and highly competetive Christmas season. But I'd have loved for them to get the actor who did v1 Robin in The Animated Series. He was the perfect Dick Grayson voice actor. Given all the allusions to the Animated Series including skins to make them represent the show, it still sounds like a no-brainer.

I think the strangest thing is how much attention Rocksteady paid to detail throughout. It's all been so well done and so reverent to the history of the Batman mythos, it just seems like a missed opportunity to leave Nightwing mute.

The really strange thing though, was Tim Drake Robin not saying anything in combat missions. **Minor Spoiler** He already had a voice actor in the game. It may have only been a few lines, but I don't see why they didn't bother to have him record a couple of lines of dialoge for the Combat rooms.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Dick Grayson is Fabulous.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.