Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Question about new game plus..

thered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thered

I understand everything carries over from the first play through. My question is if I go back and play in the regular game and unlock more riddle trophies and side missions do they get unlocked in new game plus simultaneously ?

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Crash_Happy

Yes this seems to be the case from what I have heard. I was all set to do this, but New+ also forced you into dropping counter notifications and such and I'll readily admit that the combat sometimes gets me. I wish I was better at it but I'm not so so far, no New Game + for me.

thered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thered

@Crash_Happy: thanks! yea i don't mind new game plus but for running around trying to get riddles i rather have those indicators

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

@Crash_Happy said:

Yes this seems to be the case from what I have heard. I was all set to do this, but New+ also forced you into dropping counter notifications and such and I'll readily admit that the combat sometimes gets me. I wish I was better at it but I'm not so so far, no New Game + for me.

After doing all the challenges in Arkham Asylum combat has become incredibly easy for me, sometimes I even manage to pull off multiple counters in a row before I even see them start to punch because I'm so used to their patterns.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AngeTheDude

@CL60 said:

@Crash_Happy said:

After doing all the challenges in Arkham Asylum combat has become incredibly easy for me, sometimes I even manage to pull off multiple counters in a row before I even see them start to punch because I'm so used to their patterns.

Playing the challenges makes you better at being Batman without you even noticing. It's scary.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By N7
    @CL60: Yeah. The only time I get hit in this game is when I'm doing an animation that I can't get out of and some dude smacks me in the back of the head. Other than that, it's usually punch, punch, punch, punch, counter, punch, counter, counter, take down, jump, stun, batarang, ground pound, punch, punch, punch, counter, double counter, punch, batarang, ground pound.

I don't even need to see the signal for me to counter them. It's so rhythmic.
    Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Crash_Happy

@AngeTheDude: @N7: Yeah I'm going to do some challenges, just for the funnsies though rather than strictly 'practice'. Wasn't there going to be some Robin or Nightwing dlc? I fancy trying them out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.