Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Riddler hostage question.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lusence

So i know you need 400 to get all the hostages, but how does it work. As in how many trophies do you need to collect before the next hostage pops up? are they in intervals of 20 or what, and that would be how many total hostage missions?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

They are not in intervals of 20. You need somewhere around 200 and 300 for two and three, iirc.

VictorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By VictorK
    lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lusence

@DonChipotle: oh so there are only like 4 hostages in all and takes about 300 to even get the 3rd one? yesh.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By xxizzypop

@lusence: There are six. And yes. That is the correct response.

@VictorK: Did you collect Catwoman trophies? Because your Riddler trophy count from the main menu and her count are separate, but both count towards your 400.

VictorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By VictorK
    @xxizzypop: Yes, I did indeed collect them. I just checked and i had 35 Catwoman trophies and 365 Riddler challenges complete, totaling 400. I thank you for your knowledge!
    rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By rockinkemosabe

There aren't actually 400 trophies in the city and you don't need all of them to find the Riddler. A small amount of the Riddler challenges come from combat, flight, and gadget challenges.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By SpencerTucksen

@RockinKemosabe: Do those not count to the 400 total trophies? I've been curious, but just never really tested it, but I have completed all of the physical Riddler challenges.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By xxizzypop

@SpencerTucksen: I believe they do, he's saying that there are not actually 400 of the actual little trophies scattered.

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rockinkemosabe

@SpencerTucksen: I want to say there is at least 350ish physical trophies in the environment and the rest, that equal up to 400, are the other challenges that are about combat, predator, etc., also there are 40 Catwoman challenges, but 36 of them are only trophies.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpencerTucksen

@xxizzypop: Thank you. It definitely doesn't feel like there are 440 of those damn things. But a lot of them are just ridiculous. Especially the ones with six question marks. Those have been a problem for me.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpencerTucksen

@RockinKemosabe: Gracias! I'm probably going to need to use Catwoman some more (and her god-awful climbing mechanic) to get some more of those trophies.

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rockinkemosabe

@SpencerTucksen: She takes a little to get used to and her whip doesn't work as well as Batman's grapple ability. So getting around the city isn't as easy. Just get most of the trophies as Batman, interrogate Riddler's henchmen and also tag every trophy you come across, including Catwoman's. Makes it a whole hell of a lot easier when you start looking for the trophies.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By huntad

Also note that some of Catwoman's trophies require Batman's abilities to access. So there will be a wall that needs to be destroyed before Catwoman can enter, etc. Just a heads up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.