Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Sequel Ideas (SPOILERS)

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By matpaget

So I was thinking that they should do a game based around Hush as, in my opinion, Hush is second to the Joker as Batman's greatest adversary. Although what do you think Azrael was talking about? My personal opinion was that he was talking about No Man's Land which would make Gotham a perfect setting for the next game. If they just made plain ol' Gotham, I think it would be silly to see Batman running down the street as civilians shopped and drove around.

Would anyone be interested in seeing a No Man's Land or a Hush-focused Batman game?

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By alternate

Not many casual Batman fans know who Hush is - so side quest maybe but can't see him as a main villain.

Given that it takes at least 2 years to make another, I hope they don't try to squeeze in another this gen. Take 3 years and come in something new for the next gen, maybe make good on those open world promises this time.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By ssj4raditz

All I want is to see Rocksteady's rendition of the Batcave. Other than that, they can do whatever.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

My guess is the walls of Arkham City break down and you are free in all of Gotham City.

The name: Batman: Gotham Asylum.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By fetchfox

@rmanthorp: Not a bad idea, but I don't think they'll use the word Asylum again. @ssj4raditz: I'd love to see the real Batcave, to walk around and explore, and maybe even go up into Wayne manor.

priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By priorityseven

As a fan of the Hush story arc, I'd love to see that as the main plot for the next game. Lots of villians, supporting cast, and story twists, but it might be too "inside baseball" for people that don't keep up with Batman that much. An open world Gotham is the next logical step, but hopefully the gameplay gets switched up. And no more Riddler trophies!

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ltsmash

Yet another crazy warden is hired. He has Wayne Manor seized through eminent domain to turn it into...

Batman: Arkham Manor

Boom.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By CJduke

I think the next game will follow a lot of various plots such as Arkham City did. I think there will be some sort of revenge plan for Harley Quinn over the death of Joker (it wasn't Batman's fault but I'm sure Harley will claim Batman killed him). I think the other main plot points will be Hush killing people in Gotham as Bruce Wayne, and I think Catwoman will play an even larger role, and I think we will see Black Mask become a main character as well. For a main villain though, I'd say Two-Face would be the best bet. He's a well known villain and he got the least amount of face time in Arkham City. So I'd say Two-Face, Hush, Harley Quinn, Black Mask as the villains and Catwoman as another main character.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Bestostero

I would love to see the Batcave too...

I think either Scarecrow or Two Face should be the next main villain.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By clubsandwich

I'd love to see Hush as the main villain. I got the impression that he would be the main villain after you complete his side mission, but that's just my 2 cents.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Crash_Happy

They certainly could have Hush as the main storyline since when they promote these games all they really have to say is that it's a new Batman game and he's up against some super villains. Although scarecrow also threatens to return, maybe the main story could actually be tackling two different supers?

I actually think it would be very sensible of Rocksteady to aim for a third game (if there is to be one) for the next set of consoles. Release schedule wise it makes complete sense since it seems likely that they would be out in 2013, if there's a delay and it's 2014 then that just gives them a year to really polish stuff up, develop DLC etc.

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
    Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'd definitely prefer a next-gen Batman game over another one squeezed into this gen. Given the success of the franchise either scenario is possible. As far as plot goes, I hope they bring back Scarecrow in a more meaningful role. Same goes for Killer Croc, as so much cooler stuff could have been done with those characters. As far as Hush goes, I get the feeling that this part of the story will be wrapped up with DLC. After Batman confronts Hush, he tells Oracle something along the lines of "he's already gone, I'll go after him tomorrow". So unless the next game picks up directly after Arkham City, I doubt we'll see Hush in the next game. I also agree that Hush is a bit too obscure of a villain to be a major player in such a mainstream Batman game. Undoubtedly Harley Quinn will be in the next game, considering the whole pregnancy thing. Which, by the way, is kind of a weird yet interesting place to take that character. I could see Two-face having a much bigger role, as his role in Arkham City wasn't much more than a cameo. Gameplay-wise I'd like to see a more open world and possibly co-op. Unique collectibles instead of Riddler trophies would be nice and there better be a Wayne Manor with secret passages to the batcave.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.