Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

So Here is Nightwing.

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By CL60

Is he in the story? I know Robin is.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Chop

He looks so hardcore

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Bestostero

@CL60 said:

Is he in the story? I know Robin is.

I don't think so...based on his description, he probably just stopping looters at Wayne Manor off on his own story.

"Nightwing comes complete with his own unique gadgets and special moves, and is playable in all challenge maps in the game, as well as two additional challenge maps that are included in the pack: Wayne Manor and Main Hall. The pack also contains a bonus Animated Series Nightwing character skin."

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Rudyftw

@xhavoc86: That would be the perfect Batman game. If they do put question in I hope they use the dude (forgot his name), I was never really a fan of Montoya. Also, I would like to see some other D.C heroes and villains make a cameo. Maybe Darkseid or something.

@ahgunsillyo:

I just realized Tim looks more older and cooler than Grayson. Who would've guessed?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bestostero

@Rudyftw said:

@xhavoc86: That would be the perfect Batman game. If they do put question in I hope they use the dude (forgot his name), I was never really a fan of Montoya. Also, I would like to see some other D.C heroes and villains make a cameo. Maybe Darkseid or something.

Vic Sage, I like Renee Montoya, but Vic is indeed better :D

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By Sooperspy

Do we know if this is tied to the "online pass" thing?

I'll be renting it, so I'll have to miss the Catwoman stuff, already.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Rudyftw
    What a boss!
    What a boss!

@xhavoc86 said:

@Rudyftw said:

Vic Sage, I like Renee Montoya, but Vic is indeed better :D

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By xxizzypop

@ahgunsillyo said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

At first, I thought, Oh, so that's why Metal Gear: Rising is taking so long. Rocksteady stole Raiden from Kojima.

Lame joke aside, I think it's pretty cool. They certainly adapted his look far more closely than they did Robin's look, and I find it more than slightly weird that Tim Drake seems to have bigger biceps than Dick Grayson in this game, but I've always really liked Nightwing as a character and am excited to see how his gameplay differs than that of the other playable characters in the game. And hopefully he'll get some pretty awesome alternate costumes as well. I hear he's getting his mulleted Animated Series look, so that's pretty great.

Having not played MGS4, all I can think about now is that Raiden looks goddamn haaaaard these days.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Bestostero

@ahgunsillyo: Oh no, not the mullet! lol

No Caption Provided

Under the Red Hood version :)

No Caption Provided
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By jakob187

@Rhaknar said:

i have no interest in playing as anyone except Batman (or with any of the alt costumes) :/ Especially if its not part of the story

Well, I mean...technically...Nightwing was Batman for the last, like, however many years...

So ESSENTIALLY...you WOULD play as Batman if you think about it.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By hoossy

I feel like they have jammed too many characters (although amazing characters), in one game. What will be left for the next one? .. and of course there will be another game.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By Kyreo

Whoa, awesome!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Mercy_

He has the striped gloves! Yes!

Avatar image for farbelowaverage
    Farbelowaverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Farbelowaverage

@ahgunsillyo said:

They certainly adapted his look far more closely than they did Robin's look, and I find it more than slightly weird that Tim Drake seems to have bigger biceps than Dick Grayson in this game, but I've always really liked Nightwing as a character and am excited to see how his gameplay differs than that of the other playable characters in the game.

Well, the Robin look is drawn much more from the fact that Tim was Red Robin during the development period of the game with his own series. In Red Robin, they really highlight how much shorter Tim is than Dick, but isn't nearly as skinny. His latest design, now that they've done the relaunch is going back to young, lean Tim leading the Teen Titans.

With Dick Grayson as Batman, they even point out that he can't do so much as jump with the full bullet-resistant cape on, much less the full bulky Bruce suit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nightwing's moveset in Arkham City is around 90-95% backflips.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Andorski

Why does Nightwing look more boy-ish than Robin in Arkham City??

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By Slaker117

I've got no problem with his costume or even his hair, I just don't like his face. Not sure why, but I really don't like it.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Bestostero

@Andorski said:

Why does Nightwing look more boy-ish than Robin in Arkham City??

When you said it, I was like YES! He does look more boy-ish and less intimidating than Robin which is a big no no!

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By ahgunsillyo

@Farbelowaverage said:

@ahgunsillyo said:

They certainly adapted his look far more closely than they did Robin's look, and I find it more than slightly weird that Tim Drake seems to have bigger biceps than Dick Grayson in this game, but I've always really liked Nightwing as a character and am excited to see how his gameplay differs than that of the other playable characters in the game.

Well, the Robin look is drawn much more from the fact that Tim was Red Robin during the development period of the game with his own series. In Red Robin, they really highlight how much shorter Tim is than Dick, but isn't nearly as skinny. His latest design, now that they've done the relaunch is going back to young, lean Tim leading the Teen Titans.

With Dick Grayson as Batman, they even point out that he can't do so much as jump with the full bullet-resistant cape on, much less the full bulky Bruce suit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nightwing's moveset in Arkham City is around 90-95% backflips.

I like your reasoning, but the concept artist for Robin at Rocksteady explained in an IGN article a while ago that he reinvisioned Tim Drake as being (and I kid you not) an troubled cagefighter, hence the Cole McGrath/Starkiller/Nathan Hale/generic space marine shaved head. It's likely a response to the stupid and uninformed notion (that is also apparently expressed on this site and forum, unfortunately) that Robin is still the "goofy gay sidekick" (NOTE: There is nothing wrong with being goofy or gay. If you are goofy and/or gay, that is completely fine, it's just that Robin is not that).

"We wanted to create a Robin that players would identify as a contemporary character and move away from the traditional "Boy Wonder" image that most people know. Our vision of Robin is the one of a troubled young individual that is calm and introverted at times but very dangerous and aggressive if provoked. The shaved head is inspired by cage fighters, because we thought that Robin might be doing that in his spare time to keep him on his toes. Still, we kept all the classic trademarks of Robin's appearance, such as the red and yellow colors of his outfit, the cape and the mask.
    We really hope that people will discover our Robin as one of their new favorite characters in the Batman universe. He is back and he means business." KAN MUTFIC, JULY 2011

Plus, I never really got that they were trying to peg Tim as being beefier as Red Robin. Both Nicola Scott and Marcus To always drew him as lean as he was as Robin. You could argue that Freddie Williams II drew him as being more muscular during his run as artist on Robin, but then again, he always drew everybody as incredibly 'roided out.

Finally, I didn't take Dick Grayson's awkwardness with Bruce's full Batman gear as him not physically being strong enough to wield it so much that he spent so much time in a lighter costume and without a cape that it just completely threw him off balance. I could be interpreting that wrongly, however.

No Caption Provided
    Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Nocall

About the shaved head thing (ie applying the real world to make-believe things, oh my!):

If you're really planning on fighting people up close, you probably would want your hair as short as possible so that your head can't be grabbed as easily. It is technically why cagefighters do it. Plus, if you read The Zombie Survival Guide then Max Brooks recommends shaving your head as well so the zambees can't grab you. Makes sense to me, at least.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Bestostero

Shaved heads are also...sexy! The more you know :D

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By huntad

Instead of saying something 'super' witty like the rest of you, I'll just say that he looks cool.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By Jeffsekai

He looks like a massive emo bitch, so he should fit in great with batman.

Avatar image for farbelowaverage
    Farbelowaverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Farbelowaverage

@ahgunsillyo said:

I like your reasoning, but the concept artist for Robin at Rocksteady explained in an IGN article a while ago that he reinvisioned Tim Drake as being (and I kid you not) an troubled cagefighter, hence the Cole McGrath/Starkiller/Nathan Hale/generic space marine shaved head.

Yeah, that is pretty disappointing, and even a little dumbfounding.

Plus, I never really got that they were trying to peg Tim as being beefier as Red Robin. Both Nicola Scott and Marcus To always drew him as lean as he was as Robin. You could argue that Freddie Williams II drew him as being more muscular during his run as artist on Robin, but then again, he always drew everybody as incredibly 'roided out.

I was thinking of the Ramon Bachs art (Red Robin #1-#4), where he is practically triangular. Not saying he's Incredible Hulk huge, but he definitely doesn't look like Robin anymore.

Finally, I didn't take Dick Grayson's awkwardness with Bruce's full Batman gear as him not physically being strong enough to wield it so much that he spent so much time in a lighter costume and without a cape that it just completely threw him off balance. I could be interpreting that wrongly, however.

Can't find the issue, but when Dick is first starting out as Batman, he physically can't dodge out of the way of a much slower opponent, and needs Alfred to crash the Batmobile into said badguy because he can hardly move at all, later in the fight.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#74  Edited By project343

@JayCee said:

ugh, Emo-wing. He seriously has a Pete Wentz thing going on with his hair.

Looks more anime than poor-goth-trash to me.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By Crash_Happy

@hoossy: I wondered about this with the first game, they held it together then and I'm betting they can for Arkham City too.

@thornie: Looking at the different Batman's they seem to have done a proper job and used different models for each, rather than just a skin.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Still_I_Cry

So, can we just play through the whole game as either batman OR robin? OR are we forced to play as different characters? (That would piss me off)

Or can we just play through as solely Bahman.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.