Some questions about the plot.

#1 Posted by lusence (345 posts) -

So why does Bruce Wayne get locked up? What did Hugo strange charge him with? was there like a trial, im missing something here. did hugo use mindcontroll or something?

#2 Posted by NinjaHunter (973 posts) -

It's a corrupt system. Hugo Strange can throw anybody he wants into Arkham.

#3 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

I like how criminal justice is so fucked up in Gotham that things like this can happen, yet they can't or won't level the death penalty against deranged multiple murders.

#4 Posted by lusence (345 posts) -

how did hugo get so much power? never thought id see the day when gotham city tosses Bruce Wayne in the 'slammer' for no reason.

#5 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

They never really explain that. It's revealed that Mayor Sharp allowed everything to happen, and even supported it, but they don't get into motive.

#6 Edited by Crash_Happy (723 posts) -

@lusence: There are a series of comics that cover the intervening period. Check out Comic Vine's coverage.

Edit: Found it.

#7 Posted by WilyBoy (163 posts) -

@Slaker117: Strange is given unlimited resources by Ra's to achieve his goal of killing all the criminals in Gotham. During the interrogation, Sharp confesses that Strange promised him money and powerful connections if he allowed Strange to run Arkham City.

#8 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

I like how criminal justice is so fucked up in Gotham that things like this can happen, yet they can't or won't level the death penalty against deranged multiple murders.

This. Batman believes in not killing, but by letting these criminals live, he's killing tons. But its like they say...he protects the good, not punish the guilty.

#9 Posted by CJduke (793 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

yeah it is kinda funny when you think about how many people Joker has killed yet every time Gotham decides to just lock him up. I guess it just goes with the whole code that batman has about not killing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.