Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

The beginning *Spoilers maybe*

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flaboere

I just tried it yesterday at my friends place, played for a few hours. However, I'm confused about the beginning; if it's explained later in the game, I would rather not know, but if I simply misunderstood something (i have played Arkham Asylum), I'd like to know.

Spoiler contains the first 25 minutes of the game more or less.

Bruce Wayne is making a press-talk, and then simply get's kidnapped by the authorities, and put in the giant prison? And I don't understand, did this prison just show up all of the sudden, there are paramedics in there too, I'm thinking there's a hospital too then. Why would all the prisoners just be shut in with regular people?

Did I get it all wrong, is there an explanation later, or is it simply not explained?

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Poppduder

Theres a comic that goes deeper into what happened between the games, but as you progress further you'll start filling in the blanks yourself (i hope)

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

I'm fairly certain that during the opening sequence, Vicki Vale references Arkham City as a sectioned-off part of Gotham that has been converted into a giant prison and that Bruce Wayne is protesting its existence. Also every prison has medical staff.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By bwheeeler

As you finish riddles you'll unlock "Arkham City Stories", which are little vignettes that explain why things are the way they are. There's also story stuff interspersed that'll give you a pretty good idea of why things are the way they are.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Bestostero

Well everyone seems to got you covered! The comicvine link is great if you didn't read the comics to introduce you in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.