Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Weekly Rundown - 10/24-10/30

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By sixtyxcelph

Games this week:

• Playstation 3 - Batman: Arkham City, DJ Hero 2
    • Xbox 360 - Lost Odyssey
    • PSP - Persona 2: Innocent Sin

Games!

Finished up the Riddler stuff in Batman: Arkham City. Collected everything in the main story mode, did everything, and beat the New Game Plus mode. Touched a couple of the combat challenges, but, much like the first game, no interest when there's no story. And to that end, despite being so very excited for the Nightwing DLC that comes out today, I don't think I'll be buying it. I just don't care about the challenges and it would probably be a waste of $10. But, anyway, barring a sudden urge to spend all of my money, I'm done with Batman: Arkham City. Play it if you can, it's phenomenal.

Also for the PS3, DJ Hero 2. Yep, that game's fun. Very short-lived for single player, obviously, but for $20 I was happy for the time spent with it. I'm sure I'll continue to play with it for a while, though, it's just not worth talking about. I did start trying Hard difficulty, though. Way more engaging and fun, but, dude... I don't mean to blow anyone's mind here, but Hard mode's hard.

Anyone remember something like two weeks ago I said I was stuck in Lost Odyssey? And then there was a whole lot of Batman and I didn't touch it? Picked it back up, and almost immediately figured it out. I kept going right at a section where I was supposed to go left. I thought they took you to the same place. Anyway, I put another five or six hours into that. It's a very good game. Jansen's starting to grow on me. There are still a lot of really dumb jokes but there are some genuinely funny comments from him. The combat mechanics are still pretty darn good, albeit getting a little complicated now. I'm sure it will all click with a little practice, though.

And finally, as with every week, played a little more Persona 2: Innocent Sin. I think a big part of the reason I'm playing it so slowly is I know I'm going to hit a wall before long. I don't like the fusing for Innocent Sin and the crazy number of cards you have to get for anything decent. I'm basically still using the personas they start with for that reason. And I'm dreading the idea of grinding it out. Grinding out levels is one thing; grinding the conversation system over and over again is another thing entirely. We'll see how it pans out, though.

And that's it. See y'all next week. Also, I just noticed that I failed to post last week's here... whoops. If anyone cares, it's here.

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sixtyxcelph

Games this week:

• Playstation 3 - Batman: Arkham City, DJ Hero 2
    • Xbox 360 - Lost Odyssey
    • PSP - Persona 2: Innocent Sin

Games!

Finished up the Riddler stuff in Batman: Arkham City. Collected everything in the main story mode, did everything, and beat the New Game Plus mode. Touched a couple of the combat challenges, but, much like the first game, no interest when there's no story. And to that end, despite being so very excited for the Nightwing DLC that comes out today, I don't think I'll be buying it. I just don't care about the challenges and it would probably be a waste of $10. But, anyway, barring a sudden urge to spend all of my money, I'm done with Batman: Arkham City. Play it if you can, it's phenomenal.

Also for the PS3, DJ Hero 2. Yep, that game's fun. Very short-lived for single player, obviously, but for $20 I was happy for the time spent with it. I'm sure I'll continue to play with it for a while, though, it's just not worth talking about. I did start trying Hard difficulty, though. Way more engaging and fun, but, dude... I don't mean to blow anyone's mind here, but Hard mode's hard.

Anyone remember something like two weeks ago I said I was stuck in Lost Odyssey? And then there was a whole lot of Batman and I didn't touch it? Picked it back up, and almost immediately figured it out. I kept going right at a section where I was supposed to go left. I thought they took you to the same place. Anyway, I put another five or six hours into that. It's a very good game. Jansen's starting to grow on me. There are still a lot of really dumb jokes but there are some genuinely funny comments from him. The combat mechanics are still pretty darn good, albeit getting a little complicated now. I'm sure it will all click with a little practice, though.

And finally, as with every week, played a little more Persona 2: Innocent Sin. I think a big part of the reason I'm playing it so slowly is I know I'm going to hit a wall before long. I don't like the fusing for Innocent Sin and the crazy number of cards you have to get for anything decent. I'm basically still using the personas they start with for that reason. And I'm dreading the idea of grinding it out. Grinding out levels is one thing; grinding the conversation system over and over again is another thing entirely. We'll see how it pans out, though.

And that's it. See y'all next week. Also, I just noticed that I failed to post last week's here... whoops. If anyone cares, it's here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.