Which Upcoming Batman Property Are You More Exited For?

• 67 results
#1 Posted by Flap_jackson (91 posts) -
#2 Posted by Flap_jackson (91 posts) -

I thought this question would be more interesting on Giant Bomb rather than Screened, since this is a video game site. The question is simple, but deceptively hard for me. Both are different takes on the Batman mythology, but both are really good. So, which are you most exited for?

#3 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

The Death of Batman

#4 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises. I enjoyed Arkham Asylum, but it ain't got shit on The Dark Knight.

#5 Posted by xyzygy (9895 posts) -

Arkham City. While I do love the films, Arkham Asylum was one of the best games I've ever played.

#6 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -

I can watch Christian Bale swoop in and kick some ass as Batman or I can swoop in and kick some ass as Batman in Arkham City. I think I am gonna go with Arkham City.

#7 Posted by Nightfang (376 posts) -

Both.

#8 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

I'm looking forward to both a lot, but I think I want to see DKR more than I want to play Arkham City.

#9 Posted by supermike6 (3540 posts) -

Arkham City because it is a video game and I like those.

#10 Edited by BombKareshi (996 posts) -

Arkham City because Kevin Conroy's Batman > Christian Bale's Batman.

#11 Posted by NTM (7266 posts) -

I don't know how Nolan could pull off another Batman movie better than The Dark Knight, but I'm still a bit more excited to see that than play Arkham City. I loved Arkham Asylum, but...

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

@BombKareshi said:

Arkham City because Kevin Convoy's Batman > Christian Bale's Batman.

While I love both franchises near equally, I want to agree with that statement. Kevin Conroy is awesome.

#13 Posted by MatPaget (1113 posts) -

Batman: Year One 

I couldn't care less about The Dark Knight Rises

#14 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

I loved Asylum, and Arkham City looks way better. So stoked. They'd have to go out of their way to make it a game I won't love.

#15 Posted by Levio (1783 posts) -

Both of those don't have anything on The Brave and The Bold! It even had a Scooby Doo cameo, just like in the old days...

#16 Edited by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

If you know me, you know my life is centered around Batman. No, really. It is. Now, I absolutely love the first two movies, but I won't be watching the third one. Why? Anne Hathaway. Not just because I think she will be as a good as Russell Crowe as Catwoman, but also because I can't stand her. She's terribly obnoxious.

Long story short, Arkham City for me.

#17 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

The movie.

#18 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN. 

Only true in one of these choices.

#19 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises. Because there's no Catwoman to ruin it.

#20 Edited by CrimsonNoir (399 posts) -

Arkham City is probably my most anticipated game, but i have to say i'm more excited to see the Dark Knight Rises mainly because i sort of know what to expect from Arkham City at least more than Dark Knight Rises. and Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite directors so it's always exciting to see his work.

#21 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -

I'm looking forward to both equally.

I'm also interested in that Monolith Batman game thats name escapes me right now.

#22 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -
#23 Posted by MatPaget (1113 posts) -
#24 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
#25 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@valrog said:
Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises. Then again, it's Anne Hathaway, so worry not, my friend!
#26 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Arkham City, though I'm definitely excited for Dark Knight Rises as well.

#27 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

I cant decide, i want them both.

#28 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -
Arkham City. The Dark Knight Rises is still over a year away. But if I were offered both in their complete forms right now, I would go for the movie first.
#29 Posted by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -

Arkham City comes out sooner so that.

#30 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE MAD?!?! Really? Arkham City is winning?!?!

#31 Posted by ahgunsillyo (443 posts) -

One of the two has the balls to put this guy in it.  And that is the one for which I am more excited. 
#32 Posted by SHADOWINFINITE (545 posts) -

Arkham City. Dark Knight rises is coming out in 2012, so Arkham City is much closer. 

#33 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Both are close, but I'm more interested in The Dark Knight Rises personally. Just want to see if they can make it as good or close to The Dark Knight.

#34 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

Arkham city just because I like video games more than movies and I don't really care about another batman movie.

#35 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -
@SomeDeliCook said:

I'm looking forward to both equally.

I'm also interested in that Monolith Batman game thats name escapes me right now.

Gotham City Impostors(Spell Check please?)
#36 Posted by rmanthorp (3875 posts) -

Arkham City is going to be super gangsta!

#37 Posted by BBQBram (2202 posts) -

Curse you for planting this dillema in my head!

Let me think about this for a week and get back to you.

#38 Posted by HellBrendy (992 posts) -

Everything?

#39 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

Well, they both have Catwoman in them (who I love) so it's a bit of a toss up, but since I know what she looks like and a bit of how she'll be portrayed in Arkham City, that gets my vote right now.  I need to see Anne Hathaway in the cat-suit and hear her speak as Selina Kyle before I can side with the forthcoming film.  Oh yeah, there's that Bat guy, too I guess.  He's cool.

#40 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE MAD?!?! Really? Arkham City is winning?!?!
... video games.
#41 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

the game, i've always for interactive entertainment

#42 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2377 posts) -

It was a tough descision, but in the end I chose the fighting mechanics and overall perfect controls of Arkham City over Nolan's ingenious cinematography, beautifully dark tone and sure to be amazing story.

#43 Posted by MEATBALL (3071 posts) -

Arkham City, only just though, and I put that down to the fact that I love videogames a lot more than film.

#44 Posted by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -

Arkham City, I hate those new movies.

#45 Posted by probablytuna (3539 posts) -

While Arkham Asylum is a fantastic game, Christopher Nolan is my favourite director. There's no way I can be more excited about anything other than a Chris Nolan project, Batman or otherwise.

#46 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Xpgamer7 said:

Nolan's ingenious cinematography, beautifully dark tone and sure to be amazing story.

#47 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@valrog said:

Um... I think you might be disappointed with regards to that. 

Most excited for? TDKR without a doubt. I've loved every instalment so far, and have quite a lot invested in the finale. If it's good, Nolan's Batman trilogy will be one of the finest film series' ever.
#48 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Arkham City.

#49 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Guess I should mention, I am also more interested and excited for Batman Year One over the Dark Knight Returns...

If you haven't seen any of the animated Batman movies, they are fantastic. Under the Red Hood, Mask of the Phantasm....great stuff.  Year One will be just as good if not better.

#50 Posted by OtakuGamer (1224 posts) -
@BombKareshi said:
Arkham City because Kevin Conroy's Batman > Christian Bale's Batman.
This. 

I hate Christan Bale.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.