smacraigen's Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360) review

Play it like Arkham Asylum

Seemed like the main selling point of Arkham City leading up to release was its "open world." That open world is really just a larger version of the hub world from the first game. Once I learned to ignore the distractions of that hub world, I discovered one of the best sequels of this generation.

I must admit, the melee combat system just doesn't do it for me. I don't have a problem beating dudes up, but I can't string together lengthy combos and pull off the fancy moves.

Other reviews for Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360)

The boyscout does good! 0

Arkham City is such a well polished game it makes the persistently nagging “good guy” batman attitude become a non issue even for me and I’m quite the supporter of eye for an eye justice.I’m no expert or even a fan of Batman fiction so a few characters in this title were a bit confusing but the core of the story was easy to follow and entertaining for even the most lacking Batman fans. The leading characters voice acting was superb and yet again the Joker is a shining achievement in character qu...

A License To Batman 0

Fantasy, as both genre and concept, is a crucial principle behind a vast majority of video games. Whether you're trundling across devastated stretches of battlefield in some behemoth armored vehicle, or fighting off an armada of alien creatures orbiting the planet, or role-playing as a zombie-witch vampire-hunting dragon-slayer; these ideas tweak an essential nerve: they insert the Player into a situation they, in most cases, would never experience in reality, and empower said Player to practice...