smacraigen's Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360) review

Play it like Arkham Asylum

Seemed like the main selling point of Arkham City leading up to release was its "open world." That open world is really just a larger version of the hub world from the first game. Once I learned to ignore the distractions of that hub world, I discovered one of the best sequels of this generation.

I must admit, the melee combat system just doesn't do it for me. I don't have a problem beating dudes up, but I can't string together lengthy combos and pull off the fancy moves.

Other reviews for Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360)

Batman at his greatest 0

I remember when I beat Portal 2 for the first time I couldn’t quite decide how I felt about it. This wasn’t due to the game having done things poorly or having a lack of emotion, no, my indecisiveness towards it came from the fact that it had been so long since I had encountered perfection. This same feeling, this stunned awe perhaps, was the first thing I felt when the credits hit the screen. There was sadness, alongside this awe, that crept up inside me that only comes once and a while, only f...