Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

Arkham Knight delayed three more weeks

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Warner Bros have put out a statement that the game is being delayed three weeks but haven't really said why.

This is the second time this has been delayed. Makes you really think what sort of state this game would've been in had it released on it's original date way back in October.

Source

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

JUST MOVE IT BACK TO THE FALL! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In before delayed to 2016

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I think this the final delay. The first one was such a massive delay that they clearly had to completely retool some content or go back to the drawing board with something. This seems like a "we just got to our beta build and are three weeks off schedule" sort of delay.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, that settles it.

Not that the delay is so game changing, but I was going to be in NY the week of the release, so I was considering getting a PS4 and this game on it...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The delay is that something is fucking up and they need time to fix it, as all delays are.

thornie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thornie

This game along with The Witcher 3 getting moved to Q4 of this year is my biggest gaming fear. I can totally see it happening. I don't play indie games and I suck at Souls games, so these are really the only 2 games I want to play this year.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@thornie said:

I don't play indie games

A bit off topic, but you're doing yourself a big disservice by casually dismissing all indie games. With there being such a wide variety of them out there, I'm sure you could find at least a few good games to fill the gap between big publishers' blockbusters.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Witcher 3 seems like it will be a long game. So I welcome this delay as it will give me more time to complete The Witcher.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@thornie: so you're closing yourself off to a massive selection of games but then claim there's not enough to play? Why do you not play indie games?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@thornie said:

This game along with The Witcher 3 getting moved to Q4 of this year is my biggest gaming fear. I can totally see it happening. I don't play indie games and I suck at Souls games, so these are really the only 2 games I want to play this year.

Isn't CD Projekt RED an indie developer? The Witcher 3 is self-funded and CDPR is publishing it themselves. Better cancel that preorder since you don't play indie games.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@mb: DaaaaaaAmn. Ice cold duder.

Anyways. It was never, ever going to come out that October. Obvious Investor related announcement.

This, here, is the first real delay.

Avatar image for japanesebuffalo
    JapaneseBuffalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dad and I love the Batman games so this is a bit disappointing. Hopefully everything can come together well with these delays. Too many bummers from all these delayed games from the past year.

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: all i know is that this delay makes it a good game... i loved the hell out of asylum and city and rocksteady makes a good batman game. I'm sure even in October this game would have been better then Arkham origins lol. what a bad game

thornie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thornie

Let me rephrase this... I don't play the majority of indie games because I do not like platformers, and I don't have much time to devote to gaming any more. I have played and enjoyed Gone Home, Brothers, and Elite: Dangerous (is this an indie game? Who knows any more). I just don't get excited about the majority of smaller budget stuff. I bought Ori recently, and other than it being beautiful, I quickly lost interest. I bought 2 GTX 980s and a 4k monitor so I could be blown away by the spectacle of a AAA game. Unfortunately (for me), this generation has proved that those kinds of games are becoming more rare.

Perhaps the very definition of what an indie game is kind of getting blurred these days. I liked Divinity, is that indie? I think so? I'm definitely getting Pillars of Eternity this week, but I doubt I'll actually get to finish it. That was a kickstarter game right? So yeah, I guess I'm generalizing a bit, but for me AAA gaming is what got me back into video games and it's the stuff I'm always looking the most forward to. Sorry, I think I'm "that guy".

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the state of big budget releases the past two years I could not care less about games getting delayed. Make them work please.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.