Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

For those who bought on PC, will you request a refund?

• 52 results
    personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll For those who bought on PC, will you request a refund? (196 votes)

I will/already have requested a refund. 30%
    I'm weighing my options. I'm leaning towards refund. 11%
    I'm weighing my options. I'm leaning towards keeping it. 8%
    I'm keeping it. 49%

I'm not sure what I want to do. It doesn't run too bad on my machine but I'd really prefer to play once it's fixed. If it gets fixed.

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see the poll results :(

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I was hoping for an "I didn't preorder" option.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I downloaded the AMD Beta Drivers they released for the game and it's playable now for me. My GPU is even lower than the minimum requested.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got the game fro free with my new card, so i should i guess but i probably won't.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I already did. I was on the fence with the game to begin with, but pre-ordered it because I genuinely did like Asylum despite not really being fond of City. That and I wanted to see what a story with the Scarecrow as the focus would be like and I liked the pre-order bonuses. Unfortunately, all the technical issues became a thing, and when I watched the quicklook it looked like a whole lot of batmobile and Joker taunts so I decided to say screw it. I'll come back to it when it has a game of the year edition and is cheap. I'm disappointed that I won't be able to consider it for my goty list since I probably won't even play it this year now, but oh well.

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I got my copy with the video card I bought, so I'm probably SOL.

I'll just wait until they patch it anyway. Technical problems aside, the game seems incredible.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to keep it. It is playable for me with the default settings. I'll probably continue playing it until the update comes out, and then restart from the beginning.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

As others have said, I got my copy free with my video card, so I wouldn't be able to even if I wanted. Also, I've already put 20+ hours into the game, so that prevents me from getting a refund as well. My issues with the game have been relatively minor, so I'm fine with waiting for some fixes. I'm expecting some kind of recompense from WB for the mess, which will make the annoyance worth it in the end?

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The game wouldn't even run for me... just crashed back to the desktop.

So, yes, I asked for a refund. I may reconsider it by the time it is on sale, which should be after a decent amount of patching.

Avatar image for thunderstorm101
    thunderstorm101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im trying to get a refund from CDkeys, i've made purchases with them before but they to have disappeared over this batman stuff, especially since WB told people to seek refunds from where the bought the game. Im hoping i can get a refund so i can put it towards getting the XBO version.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already did this morning. Super disappointed

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it weren't the fact that I got it has a gift, I would.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By Draugen

I did. Worked a charm. I'll buy it again if they fix it.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VierasTalo

I'm yet to see an issue of note so I won't. Actually I've already played 5 hours of it too. The most visible problem I have is the missing water layer on top of textures which does make the Batmobile and the Batsuit look real flat. Otherwise I've had no issue with 60FPS with medium-ish settings save for the occasional drops. I'm one of the very lucky few I guess.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People should own up to their mistakes and take the hit. Steam refunds is a bad thing, if they lessen the punishment then people will never learn to not preorder games, ever.

thesteve19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm about 10 hours in while playing it at 1440p and wouldn't have known there was a problem with it if I didn't go online.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I got the game for free with my 980 Tis so I won't be returning it and it runs fine for me anyway other than some dropped frames during batmobile sequences.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I'll just wait for the patch.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm keeping it. I did some stuff via the Nvidia control panel to keep stuff in order, and I haven't had quite the performance issues some others have had.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's runs pretty badly on my PC but I was expecting that since my GPU is quite old. I hope they fix the game soon and that it improves things for me but for now I'm enduring the frame drops and still enjoying the game a lot.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got it 40% off on GMG because I can't afford a console version right now so I'll just hope they can patch it.

batmat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pre-order. That sounds like a good idea...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Secondary market prices for Arkham Knight Steam keys are falling. They're around $20 on a couple of the big key reselling sites right now. I'm not sure how much this has to do with the market being flooded with Nvidia GPU keys, or how much of it is related to the bad press the PC version is getting, but that's pretty low for a brand new $60 game. Lower than usual, even for these third party sites.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I bought a key for cheap so I doubt I could even request a refund through steam. So I'm stuck with it. Plus it's playable for me on my rig and I'm sure they'll fix it.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By conmulligan

@mb: Resellers have been hocking them for ~$20 for a couple of weeks now, so I think it's just the fact that there are a ton of NVIDIA keys out there.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Canteu

I got a copy with my 980 and it runs perfect. No issues from me so far. .ini files are your friends.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conmulligan: Oh I didn't even notice, I haven't been paying attention to this game at all since I didn't intend on buying it right away anyway.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By rorie

Looks like this was deleted by accident!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#29 fisk0  Moderator

I'd say it would be perfectly reasonable to request a refund now, and repurchase it in a year when it's been patched up and is more reasonably priced.

I never bought it though.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu: What are your specs? I recently got a 980 as well and it plays alright for about an hour, and then it becomes unplayable.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Doctorchimp

Mine actually plays fine so I don't know...I'm about to beat it.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brandondryrock: OC 980 windforce, i7-4770k 16gb ram. Nothing special. Only thing i had to turn off was the fog cos it dropped about 10 frames, but otherwise it runs at 60 without issue.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu: I think my problem is RAM. I'm running on 8 GB, and someone else I know with a 970 and 16 GB of RAM isn't having problems either.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OurSin_360

@brandondryrock said:

@canteu: What are your specs? I recently got a 980 as well and it plays alright for about an hour, and then it becomes unplayable.

Same card and same thing happens to me, and for me its a memory leak causing it. I think people with 32gb of ram or higher don't even notice it, but i only have 8 which gives me about 30min-hr before it's hitching and stuttering.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Franstone

Nah, gonna keep it.
    Besides the PC version missing settings/features you'd expect and it being poorly optimized, I've had no technical issues.
    I do have a 290x and 16GB of super fast RAM so I'm guessing that is helping me.
    Hope it's patched to look better than the damn ps4 version before I'm done with it.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Yeah it is definitely a memory leak. I'm running on 8 GB of RAM as well. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, considering the recommended RAM is 8 GB.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By chu52

It came with my 970 for free. So I already got a refund? I guess?

The Witcher Wild Hunt also came with it, so I can play that until Batman is fixed.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Yeah it is definitely a memory leak. I'm running on 8 GB of RAM as well. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, considering the recommended RAM is 8 GB.

Hopefully, but i'm starting to expect it won't be fixed for a long time. Apparently these bugs were reported months ago and never fixed because the console port was so hard to do.

http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-1714915219

Reading about the history of WB and pc i kinda feel like an idiot buying this game now. I bought origins but didn't actually play it until a couple weeks ago, so I didn't even think about how broken it was and how long it took them to fix it.

This memory leak is pretty much the last hurdle for me to play the game, i'm ok with capped 30 and it will run pretty smooth for about 30 or 40 minutes.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent hours messing around trying to fix things and now I can't request a refund, I tried but I got shut down even though the game's removed from the store and everyone's having issues with it. :(

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rethla
    @mb said:

You go into a thread titled "For those who bought the game" and expect an "i didnt option? :)

I bought the game (didnt pre-order) and has had no problems at all with it, the game runs rock solid on a GTX 980.

The lack of an 60fps option and the AO not working the first day before the patch aint perfect but it aint exactly gamebraking either. The game still looks much better than consoles with all the fancy nVidia effects. Its stunning.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Not having any real issues beyond the locked at 30 stuff that is going to be patched out, and I'm going to want to play through it at some point, so refunding seems like a colossal waste of time and energy.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By OurSin_360

@rethla said:
    @mb said:

You go into a thread titled "For those who bought the game" and expect an "i didnt option? :)

I bought the game (didnt pre-order) and has had no problems at all with it, the game runs rock solid on a GTX 980.

The lack of an 60fps option and the AO not working the first day before the patch aint perfect but it aint exactly gamebraking either. The game still looks much better than consoles with all the fancy nVidia effects. Its stunning.

How much ram do you have? And how long do you play in a session? I'm just curious about those who get rock solid performance with the same card i have, since i can't.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: 16Gb RAM. I usually play around 1-2hour, the longest session was about 2:30 i think.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@oursin_360: 16Gb RAM. I usually play around 1-2hour, the longest session was about 2:30 i think.

Thanks, yeah it has to just be an issue with the amount of ram everyone who has good performance has 16gb or better, although i've read people say it can eat up 9 or so gb after a few hours of gameplay.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: I understand what you're saying about buying a WB PC port. I let my love of the Arkham series blind me. I was hoping the port would be more like Shadow of Mordor, since that PC port was rock solid. I am guessing it will be at least three weeks before they put the game back on sale, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is longer than that. The current build seems to almost be there, just need to fix that memory leak.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:
    @mb said:

How much ram do you have? And how long do you play in a session? I'm just curious about those who get rock solid performance with the same card i have, since i can't.

I have a 770GTX 4GB and 8GB of system RAM but the NVIDIA works slowed down everything a lot, especially when using the Batmobile and fast moments, like combat and take downs. I also had trouble with textures not loading at all, characters and surfaces of structures were just blurry.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:
    @oursin_360 said:
    @rethla said:
    @mb said:

I have a 770GTX 4GB and 8GB of system RAM but the NVIDIA works slowed down everything a lot, especially when using the Batmobile and fast moments, like combat and take downs. I also had trouble with textures not loading at all, characters and surfaces of structures were just blurry.

Not sure if this will work for you, but in regards to the textures i found that when i changed the "lodbias" setting in nvidia panel from clamp to allow the textures no longer were low res and the pop in stopped. I can run all the nvidia works except smoke but i suspect that is from the memory leak as well(i was getting the slide show in the batmobile)

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Mine came free with my video card. Just like the Witcher 3 did.

Gilian_Seed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Gilian_Seed

Got a refund and went with the PS4 version. Really sucks that I can't enjoy this properly on my VR ready gaming PC. Really wish more developers and publishers took PC gaming more seriously. I spent a lot of money to build a machine that will play everything. But apparently that doesn't even matter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.