Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

Found a game breaking bug (MILD SPOILERS)

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Since you need 100% game completion to get the true ending, I spent the entirety of yesterday nailing down those Riddler Trophies across Bleak Island and Miagani Island. Did everything I could. Completely squared them all away.

Then, I went back to the airships to finish all of those collectibles. That's where the bug happened. MILD SPOILERS FOR ONE OR TWO MISSIONS.

In the story, the mission I had yet to do was something like "Investigate the seismic activity on Miagani Island". Right after that mission you get another mission telling you to go back to the airship. But there was no block in place to make sure that I had actually investigate the activity first first. So when I went to the airship to get the rest of the collectibles I was actually sent one mission into the future. And then I went on with the mission, interrogating Simon Stag, since I had no way of knowing if this was an actual glitch or just how it was supposed to go, did the mission from the future, then the game told me I had to do what I just did: Interrogate Simon Stag. But since I already did that, obviously I couldn't do that again. So I was locked in place. I couldn't get out of the loop.

MILD SPOILERS FOR THIS MISSION AND THE NEXT MISSION:

Here's a video of what happened.

At first I thought it was just a cute little glitch, but then it became pretty soul crushingly evil when I realized I was locked into a mission I couldn't complete. Ended up having to delete my save. Thankfully, thankfully the game had backed up a save from the day prior. So I had to do all of the side missions and riddler trophies all over again. But at least I didn't have to restart.

Either do this mission first or just ignore the Airships for a while. Better safe than sorry. Also, back up your saves. Having to collect a hundred plus things is pretty sucky from the get go, but having to do it again is the fucking worst.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bezerker85

While not game breaking, I found a big bug as well involving the insta-defeat of a boss (spoilers for side mission boss identity in vid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDatk1_RbpU

It was kind of disappointing as I was looking forward to beating him legit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.