Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

So I hear of different endings?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've heard quite a few people say this game has multiple endings and that's insane for a game like this. Not what I expected but that makes it interesting.

Any spoiler free tips on how to get the most fulfilling ending? Just thought I'd make a place for the community here to dump knowledge about this for me and others.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I've heard to get the TRUE ending you have to 100% the game including all the riddler trophies...which fuck that

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard to get the TRUE ending you have to 100% the game including all the riddler trophies...which fuck that

Oh, well that's just great. Now I'm gonna have to run around collecting those stupid things.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14: I love doing that anyway so that's awesome for me

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Does that mean you have to wait before doing the last missions until you get all the side stuff done? Or does it unlock even if you already beat the main story?

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: nah you can jump back into the city after the main storyline

Slang_N_Bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Riddler stuff was great in Asylum, but the excess that came with the open world completely ruined them for me. I think I'll just YouTube it.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14: I mean yeah I figured that but I was asking about the endings.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: You don't have to wait to do the last missions to finish all the side content AFAIK (I'm not too interested in 100% the game to find out personally). They give a decent narrative justification for it.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is one ending but there is a "true ending" by taking care of all supervillians.

and because this includes riddler and his driving missing ill end up youtube-ing it

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

Yeah, you finish the story, and then you have to do all the side missions to get the real ending, and even credits. I just finished it, and knowing this, it's kind of disappointing.

"Rocksteady makes a strong push for players to see all of it, so much so that it hurts the end-game experience. Once the final story mission is complete, some semblance of closure is delivered, but specific plot points are left dangling, and the credits don’t roll like you expect them to. The player is then asked to clean up some of the side content to initiate another story sequence that brings a new ending and, at long last, the credits. Getting this ending requires a fair amount of time be spent tracking down villains and cleaning up side activities, like rescuing all of the firefighters or taking down Arkham Knight’s outposts (both of which are welcome endeavours). But that isn’t it. To see the real, real ending, you need to complete all of the side content, including every Riddler challenge – which, if you’ve done this in previous games, is a serious time commitment. Most people will probably retreat to YouTube to view the final act."

After the story is done, and you have no motivation to complete all the other side stuff, at least at the time, you may feel kind of empty, like you didn't get what you wanted, which is real closure. I didn't know how powerful credits could be, until there was none :P. Eh, I watched it on YouTube, and really, it's not worth getting all of the trophies.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: What about the AR challenges? are those just bonus stuff i don't have to do to get the ending?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: No, those aren't counted for the story stuff. So yes, that's just bonus stuff that you don't have to do.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@redyoshi said:
    @jiggajoe14 said:

Oh, well that's just great. Now I'm gonna have to run around collecting those stupid things.

Youtube.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The Riddler stuff is always my favorite in these games, so that shouldn't be a problem for me! I'm glad Rocksteady brought back the proper riddles that were missing in Origins.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Voxus

Just finished. What a load of shit that the game expects you to find all the riddler trophies in order to view the bullshit ending. Really really glad that someone told me not to do it otherwise I would of been incredibly angry that I wasted time to see that. Top to bottom, probably the worst conclusion to a Arkham game (including Origins) and a incredible letdown to conclude the an overall incredible series. Personally, really sad to see that there probably won't be any more Rocksteady Batman games. Maybe they'll release some ending DLC ala Asura's Wrath to "complete" the story.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By poobumbutt

So many people have no sense of accomplishment, tsk-tsk. I'm kidding! I know people have better shit to do than Ridle-hunting. Still, for me, I like doing this crap because it's rare to have a huge collection mission contextualized so well within the story. Usually it's not done so at all or just contextualized badly - InFamous: "collect the shards because they... make you powerful...?" Assassin's Creed 2: "collect the feathers because your brother... Wants you to, I guess. I don't know."

It's nice to have a real reason: Riddler is a danger and a HUGE prick, so yeah, I'll catch him. Plus the riddles can actually be creative.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Riddler trophy hunting is good for listening to podcasts to. I've got everything else done except for 150 riddles/trophies so I kind of feel obligated to just go the rest of the way.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voxus said:

Just finished. What a load of shit that the game expects you to find all the riddler trophies in order to view the bullshit ending. Really really glad that someone told me not to do it otherwise I would of been incredibly angry that I wasted time to see that. Top to bottom, probably the worst conclusion to a Arkham game (including Origins) and a incredible letdown to conclude the an overall incredible series. Personally, really sad to see that there probably won't be any more Rocksteady Batman games. Maybe they'll release some ending DLC ala Asura's Wrath to "complete" the story.

I feel the same way about this game. Besides the shitty ending(s), what's up with this lame ass Transformers and Twisted Metal hybrid bullshit? I wanted to play a fucking Batman game. I suspect this game is going to get traded in by lots of people real soon. I enjoyed Arkham City and Asylum much more than this hunk of shit. There is no fucking way I'm going to play NG+ and subject myself to another round of shitty dialogue and more bullshit.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voxus said:

They defiantly dropped the ball. No Paul Dini really showed the whole way through. They already expanded so much with City it seemed like they were lost with what they could possibility do with innovation so they made the batmobile. But that was a desperate attempt to keep it fresh, and even that sucked!!! Looking forward to what super hero they do next though.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the finality of the ending but that's about it

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The Knightfall ending is pretty incredible. I kind of wish that it wasn't locked behind so much side stuff, but I can see why it is.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At least it's not as many trophies as City. God damn fuck the number of trophies in City.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had everything else at 100% and rescued Catwoman from him, and Riddler was all "Sorry brah, you need all my trophies!" and I promptly flipped off the screen and went to Youtube.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I spent yesterday listening to music and knocking out the Riddler stuff. It was soothing. I'm kinda surprised though how many people are complaining about a "true" ending taking awhile to get, video games have had that kind of thing forever.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yea, yesterday I went from 150 to 2, even though there is only 1 on my map. I would've gotten it yesterday, but I didn't know you needed the mine disruptor upgrade and I had literally just spent all my skill points. I basically need 1 more skill point to get the upgrade, but im having a hell of a time finding a challenge I can 3 star (and only have 10% exp, so its quite the grind on the blue enemies).

Gonna hop on in a hit and hopefully knock it out. I'm a bit worried about it saying there is 1 more trophy that is not on any area's counter, but maybe that is something that appears once I get the last one I can see.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not think it was possible for the riddler to give me one more excuse to hate him even more but shiit riddler you won.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.