Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

Video card comes with Batman. Should I even try running it?

NTA_Luciana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTA_Luciana

So let's set aside the fact that I'm actually not sure how to redeem it or what service it's on or even if it's a disc (imagine that). All I keep hearing about the PC version is that it's fucked beyond belief. There are even tales of it bringing powerhouses with quad-SLI Titans down to their knees. Is my machine even close to being able to run it? Here's what I'm putting together:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mt8LXL

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mt8LXL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.95 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($72.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($50.00)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($161.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($688.99 @ B&H)

Case: Fractal Design Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($65.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $1315.88

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-06 20:23 EDT-0400

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OurSin_360

IMO it all comes down to your ram, from my experience 8gb will get you about an hour before it fills up all the way and starts to stutter and crash. It's free though so what the hell, give it a shot. I find that capped 30 is better than fluctuating 60-sub 30 if you want to try the ini tweaks. I only have a gtx 980(at 1080p) though so maybe your TI will fair better.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

My brother got a copy of this game with his new card and he can play it. It's worth a shot if nothing else.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Your PC is fine. There are plenty of people who have had no problems with lesser specs and others who have had problems with better specs. It's luck of the draw at this point but it should be fixed at some point.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#5  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I'm on a 970 and I've managed to play the game at maxed settings (including the Nvidia stuff) at a mostly constant 30 fps. Drops when I'm grapnel boosting around the city sometimes but during actual gameplay it's been fine. If you really want to play the game now you should be able to get it running okay, but if you can wait you're better off waiting for the patch.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Yes, it should work.

If you got the game with the card (I presume Amazon?) they email you a code which you redeem on NVIDIA's website. The email should have a link to the exact url.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

You're pushing it with that PSU. A 980 Ti can draw almost 400 watts by itself under full gaming load. A little bit more PSU will only cost you a few more bucks.

corporalgregg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The game runs fine and all the hub-bub about it being the worst PC port of all time is completely overblown.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Dude whatever I have a GTX 770 and it runs fine.

Punched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Runs fine on a 970. You'll be fine.

If you're new to PC gaming, you'll quickly find out that PC gamers really like to overreact about everything.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By noblenerf

It should run fine, but be warned that Batman Arkham Knight in its current state will probably degrade in performance as you play. For myself with a weaker card (970) it was fine at the beginning, but performance in the second half was atrocious; for instance, towards the end I had noticeable pauses every time I used bat gadgets.

Oh and if you don't know where to redeem (I'm assuming you have an Nvidia code provided with your GFX card purchase) go to the Nvidia redeem page here and follow the instructions. Should be straightforward enough.

The Arkham Knight port is such a dang bummer. Why, Dave Lang, whyyyy?! (I'm only half-joking.)

NTA_Luciana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTA_Luciana

@mb: The other components are listed as drawing up to 128W. Hope 550 is enough, cause it's already on the way.

The weirdest thing I'm getting from this thread is that this port isn't even consistently bad. There's just no guarantees in either direction. So I guess the answer to my question is...

Been a while, hasn't it?
    Been a while, hasn't it?

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By atomicoldman

On a 980ti... maaaaybe? I have the regular 980 and it'll run fine for about 45-60 minutes, then the thing starts to chug.

edit: There's some SteamDB stuff that seems to indicate another patch is coming sooner rather than later, but also maybe not, who knows, video games. I'd say try it out and see how it goes, issues with the game haven't exactly been consistent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.