Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Origins

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Oct 25, 2013

Two years after beginning his crime-fighting career, Batman faces his toughest challenge ever when the crime lord known as Black Mask hires the eight deadliest assassins in the DC Universe to kill the vigilante who has been interfering in his operations.

I have some story questions about Bane.."SPOILERS"

Jangowuzhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jangowuzhere

1. How did Bane figure out Batman's identity?

-I know Bane is a smart and tactical dude in the comics, but none of these traits are reflected in the games. I don't understand how he could have figured this out.

2. How does Bane know the location of the Batcave?

-Bane figures out that Batman is Bruce Wayne, but that doesn't explain how he managed to figure out the location of Batman's secret Batcave.

3. Is Bane stupid?

-If Bane is so smart, why didn't he make a recording, write a note, or tell someone who the Batman really is? Especially considering that he is fully aware of the fact that he is using power drugs which can damage is memory.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By willin

I'm going to try answering some of these questions.

1. I'm guessing just good old fashion detective work. He has an army of goons and plenty of resources. It's not impossible to figure out Batman's identity. Hugo Strange did it in Arkham City.

2. Assuming the Batcave is under Wayne manor I'm guessing Bane just stumbled upon it when he raided Wayne Manor.

3. This is harder to answer. The scene in the hotel with the Joker gave me the impression that Bane really didn't do it for the money. But then again according to his secret tape his goal is to find alternative to Venom to quell his addiction to it.

Jangowuzhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Yeah, but it's more believable with Hugo Strange because he is more of an intellect character. He was also working closely with Ra's Al Ghul, a person who does know Batman's identity.

2. I don't believe Wayne Manor is located on a small island next to Gotham City.

3. His motives are really unclear if you ask me.

This was a major part of the prequel story that I just didn't like. We all know how this plot thread would end before we reached the end.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1. Yeah, but it's more believable with Hugo Strange because he is more of an intellect character. He was also working closely with Ra's Al Ghul, a person who does know Batman's identity.

2. I don't believe Wayne Manor is located on a small island next to Gotham City.

3. His motives are really unclear if you ask me.

This was a major part of the prequel story that I just didn't like. We all know how this plot thread would end before we reached the end.

bane is just as cunning as strange. i completely disagree with your first statement.

I think a lot of the reason he didnt tell anyone is because it wanted to do it himself. to prove that he could take down batman.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Bane has been and always will be a silly character. Even in knightfall everyone was more concerned with seeing nightwing grow as a character and take on Azreal, In Dark Knight Rise I kept thinking "what's Marion Courtier doing in this film?" and in this game "so when is the joker going to show up again." He's always been a distraction and really ridiculous one. I often found him to just be silly considering he often has wires that would easily get caught on the side of the door when he leaves the bathroom.

But the whole thing about SOMEONE FINDING OUT WHO BATMAN IS, is just a cheap plot device to show how young, and sloppy a new batman can be. Because the in game story is, basically bane does the same thing Jim Carrey Riddler did in Batman Forever. It's not like Batman Beyond Return of the Joker, where finding out who batman was, Joker corrupted his adopted son and turned Tim into his own child. That actually is FUCKED UP.

Even though Deathstroke's part is so short he seriously should have taken place of bane as the mastermind who uncover's batman's identity. But still, these games, plot isn't as important as you'd imagine, remember the ending of Arkham Asylum Scarecrow comes out of the water holding a box of Titan.... and that had nothing in Arkham City. But still.... suicide squad..... hmmmm a Government task force designed to take down super heroes. That sounds interesting.

But then as I'm typing that everyone is like "what's the joker doing?"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.