Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Origins

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Oct 25, 2013

Two years after beginning his crime-fighting career, Batman faces his toughest challenge ever when the crime lord known as Black Mask hires the eight deadliest assassins in the DC Universe to kill the vigilante who has been interfering in his operations.

This game is great!

• 63 results
    jarowdowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@triumvir: Interesting you should mention how blurry the cut scenes look. Just watching the Battlefield 4 cut quick and realised that was what was bugging me about the Origins scenes. The game looks glorious and runs like a dream on my PC then suddenly the resolution and framerate feels like it drops for the cut scenes. Some of them are directed really well but it's jarring how poor the rendering is. There's a moment where a scene with the Joker comes out of the cut scene into the game engine and the difference is a real shame.

Feels like the developers nicked my dusty old laserdisc player and then cut in some VCD footage into a blu-ray.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@jarowdowsky: I'm okay with pre rendered cinematics or whatever compression they use, but majority of the time when you see pre rendered work it's handled by a completely different studio. But yeah, has a weird grundgy look, and then the game it looks sharper or when the unreal engine 3 decides to load up textures.

jarowdowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, not to spoil it but the payoff for the Riddler trophies... well it's not exactly overwhelming, not sure how anyone who played the amazing payoff in City thought this would leave people satisfied.

Good game though, story was much more fun than City and despite some really rough moments it felt great. Nearly 100% so gonna leave it alone for a while until some DLC turns up and maybe they patch in re-filling predator rooms or let the challenges count towards the Dark Knight unlocks. Don't really fancy using NG+ just to unlock the Dark Knight costume.

Good times though, nice break from GTA V and some interesting possibilities for DLC at the end of the story (come on, who gets CCH Pounder back for one line...)

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By crithon

@jarowdowsky: YESSSSSSS, Actually first time I saw her I kept thinking of that shower scene.

I tried a bit further, there's some other challenges, a whole entire collection at no point does it get nice variety like Arkham City. I mean I do have to collect riddler trophies to unlock challenge rooms.... and they aren't that difficult to find. Arkham City had a nice blend of variety, some are visual puzzles, some are fan service, some art flying across the map, some are exploding stuff. Here it's almost identical except less of the surprise and fun. Later there's a whole Blackgate Prison escape, and it's identical to riddler informants. Which is kinda meh, I still felt it was interesting Arkham City if you take down the riddler informant you loose that guy.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just finished it and really enjoyed.

jarowdowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jarowdowsky

@crithon: Ha, yeah man, did all that as well - the final, final pay off for all 200 riddler trophies was what I found REALLY disappointing, especially compared to City ;)

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jarowdowsky: yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh, sigh. You know, it's funny when I just find a riddler trophy and it's just on the floor, Where's the challenge? I love how ridiculious it was in Arkham City and then it gets to the point where you find riddler made a mess of his green paint in his lair.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my biggest issue- other than the few bugs I encountered- is that I miss a lot of the joker riddle stuff. The collectibles are still there but I miss all the other stuff that was in Asylum too, like the psychiatrist tapes and the riddles where you have to line shit up or find a specific thing or whatever. All the little side stuff that talked about more minor villains or other shit.

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard nothing but bad things about this game from my friends who have bought it. One sent me a video of the game breaking. Every time he tried to load a save, the game would start with Batman falling endlessly through the map of the game. He's a pretty huge fan so it was a real bummer for him.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By bybeach

I think this game is good also. My only problem is that I have become frustrated with the Deathstroke fight. The metal bar poses me absolutely no problem, but I cannot get past the sword. In a most fundamental way I am not getting it. I know it's my problem.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really enjoying it, but it's my second Batman: Modern Subtitle game, having only played Asylum before this and that I didn't even really technically beat, I watched a friend play through the last chunk and never really explored too much or anything.

However, this game seems to be pretty fuckin' broken, and there are some major flaws. I think it's getting the appropriate response. The camera is shit, I'm tired of it catching on a wall when I'm fighting in a tiny room (I'd honestly prefer the camera to pull back into a semi-static shot during combat). The combat is weirdly unpolished, with Batman missing counters that were executed properly, targeting guys in a group poorly, and some other issues, mostly related to responsiveness and input issues I've been having. And man oh man is this game full of bugs and glitches. I've had three game breaking bugs, two of which I was able to wriggle around with hackery/backups and one of which currently has me unable to play because the solution I've found (cheatengine) doesn't work for me.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By mrfluke

Just finished the game myself, people are too jaded/cynical these days. with the exception of some bits near the end that felt padded out, this game is pretty good, they do a good job on touching on the relationship between the joker and batman.

and not to mention they throw hell of enemies at you, so you just feel like a badass taking on 30 guys and then just seeing the bodies afterwards.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Frag_Maniac

At first I was really digging this game, maybe because it's better than I expected from such an inexperienced dev team that needed so much tutelage from Rocksteady. Upon completion however, I noticed some glaring weaknesses.

S-P-O-I-L-E-R-S!!!

1. They advertised it as if Black Mask is the main villain, only to have Joker yet again in disguise.
    2. Black Mask's side quest was a mere stash hunt and simple goon mop up in the church.
    3. They advertised it as having 8 hard to defeat "assassins", but in reality most are just your average Batman villains and easy to beat.
    4. The campaign is extremely short, with a point of no return that comes without warning.
    5. There's no elaborate puzzles with Enigma like with Riddler's rescues in Arkham City.
    6. The datapacks are boring and easy compared to the trophies of Arkham City.
    7. There's no boss that has adaptable immunity to attack styles like Mr Freeze in Arkham City.
    8. Crimes in progress are too repetitive and easy, not even timed like Cold Call Killer.
    9. The big multi-foe battles are too easy, in Arkham City you had to stay focused and use combos a lot.

That isn't to say it's all bad. The level design is a lot better than I'd anticipated, esp considering it's based on the same locales as Arkham CIty, with some added areas before the sectioning off of the city when Arkham prison was put in. The voice acting is great, and I love some of the new features like Shock Gloves. It just doesn't have the pizzazz of Arkham City though, and after completing it, probably not even as good as Arkham Asylum. The first two were just more creative and diverse. However I DID like that they refrained from forcing a lot of quickfire gadget work in boss fights like Arkham City had.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.