Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham VR

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 13, 2016

A VR short story within the Arkham universe.

The ending of Batman Arkham VR is absolutely terrifying.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Everything about this game from the sewer section onward had me petrified. Spoilers ahead.

The Killer Croc segment with Robin in the cage was so suspenseful I didn't even want to move a muscle because I know it was planning for a scare with Croc jumping out of the water. The part after that though where the Joker makes you hallucinate things is one of the scariest things I've experienced in a video game. You look around you and everything starts changing subtly. Every time I heard that Killer Croc growl, I was horrified to turn to the right to see what I'd find. Seeing myself in the mirror also added a layer of creepiness.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who reacted to it this way. It was really scary to me. This whole part makes a good case for how VR can enhance immersion and affect you more.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't tell me this, man. God. I'm going to end up ponying up the cash and buying a headset.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tribunal: I'll just say the game is well worth the low price of $20 dollars. short but extremely sweet.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's not easy being the Batman. It's also not easy finding the Man-Bat. For those who played Arkham Knight, the introduction to his missions was very frightening, mainly because it's a jump scare out of absolutely nowhere.

For those who haven't played it, you're just using the grappling hook to get around like you always do, but seemingly at random, you'll reel up to a roof top where that thing is waiting for you, and the camera gets very close before he flys away. His actual missions don't start until you find him again, but running into him that first time is something else.

That was effective enough outside of VR.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.