Gamecube vs. PS2

#1 Posted by hastapura (19 posts) -

So if I were to purchase this game, would I be better served on GC or PS2? Just, you know...if. Are there any real differences?

Really just want to play as Batgirl.

#2 Posted by VierasTalo (641 posts) -

Cool Suspiria-avatar.

Have nothing on the topic though, although I never thought I'd see someone ask whether a PS2 or a GC-version of a mediocre Batman-game is the better one.

#3 Posted by snakeitachi (99 posts) -

I have it on Game cube and it's great fun espically if you play co op and it run's great, I don't know about the differences between the PS2and GC version sorry.

#4 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

You mean as far as graphics go? The gamecube version probably looks a little less muddy. The games themselves are identical in terms of content though.

#5 Posted by RubberFactory (288 posts) -

I'd say go with the gamecube, it has better tesselation and softer shadows. The PS2 on the other hand mantains a steady 60 fps with V-sync and has superior cleaner skin textures.

#6 Posted by hastapura (19 posts) -

Thank you! And I know the game's middling but I got a GC for Christmas and I'm trying to find stuff to play on it. My twelve-year old self would be so jealous of this score.

Thanks everyone - the final verdict is Gamecube! You may all breathe easy now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.