Batman: Gotham Knight

#1 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

anyone know anything about this movie. i saw it on Blue Ray the other day and it peaked my interest. its an animated dvd featuring 6 short films which all link together, sort of like the animatrix. What really interested me was the caliber of the people involved. One of the films is written by the Batman Begins writers, and another one is done by one of the main guys responsible for the awesome Batman cartoon from the 90's.

so anyone know if its any good or heard anything about it

#2 Posted by Mardarkin (85 posts) -

It's really, really good.  Particularly the parts where they explore the citizens' perceptions of this new-fangled Batdude.

Watch it.

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I've heard that it's really good, but I haven't personally seen it.

#4 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

It's a great movie. 5 different stories with different art styles.

#5 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

Yeah, it's fantastic. Definitely put it on your to-watch list.

#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

It's not anime is it? Please say no...

#7 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Yeah I've seen it, if you are a fan of batman you will probably like it. Each one looks at batman in a different light and there is usually more drama than action, worth a purchase though.

#8 Edited by suneku (2997 posts) -
Kush said:
"It's not anime is it? Please say no..."
Yes but each segment are directed by different Japanese directors. So the art is still anime but all completely different styles. The stories are still written by actual comic writers and other movie writers/screenwriters. Also Kevin Conroy (the voice in those 90s Batman series) does the voice in this movie.
#9 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
suneku said:
"each segment are directed by different Japanese directors. So the art is still anime but all completely different styles. The stories are still written by actual comic writers and other movie writers/screenwriters. Also Kevin Conroy (the voice in those 90s Batman series) does the voice in this movie."
That sounds really awesome. I will be getting this for sure.
#10 Posted by TrulyAlive (900 posts) -

It's okay...but considering the box art mentions that it is heavily influenced by the recent movies, I would say don't expect it to live up to the quality of Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. But still, as a Batfan, you're officially obligated to check it out ^_^

#11 Edited by suneku (2997 posts) -

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that, some stories act as fillers in between Begins and The Dark Knight.

#12 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

awesome, def getting it so. thanks for the info guys

#13 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I guess I'll give it rent then...doesn't sound like something I'd be willing to buy without first seeing it.

#14 Posted by optimusprime223 (399 posts) -

recently got it and it is pretty cool, the first story particularly

#15 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk saw it and for the most part liked it, even though Hulk really isn't a big fan of a lot of the anime art direction in a lot of the stories.

#16 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -
suneku said:
"Kush said:
"It's not anime is it? Please say no..."
Yes but each segment are directed by different Japanese directors. So the art is still anime but all completely different styles. The stories are still written by actual comic writers and other movie writers/screenwriters. Also Kevin Conroy (the voice in those 90s Batman series) does the voice in this movie."
Yeah; you know how i feel about anime. But it's not, IMO, traditional anime. Here.

#17 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Thanks Virago. That looks absolutely amazing. <3

#18 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

I know, right? I love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.