What is the best Batman game ever?

#1 Posted by Pseudo_Sidious (30 posts) -

That's what I am wondering: What is the best Batman game ever? Another way to ask it would be: If I was to go out and buy any Batman game (regardless of platform or etc.) which one should I buy and why?

#2 Posted by Shadz (198 posts) -

Batman Returns on the SNES kicks soooo much ass.  Check it out if you can.  Most of the newer games suck.

#3 Posted by TRahe0027 (6 posts) -

Definitely, Batman Returns for the snes is the best.

#4 Edited by WizzyKid (259 posts) -

Yeah, Batman returns was awsome. It's like Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter, with Batman!

#5 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

none of them.

#6 Posted by herviross_2 (91 posts) -

I liked Batman Begins :)

#7 Posted by keiblefan69 (15 posts) -
Shadz said:
"Batman Returns on the SNES kicks soooo much ass.  Check it out if you can.  Most of the newer games suck.
"
Man I loved played that game with my neighbor when I was a young lad.
#8 Posted by sterbacblu (231 posts) -

NES Batman, although the movie it was based on was a travesty to the franchise.  Thank goodness for the new movies.  Also here's hoping for Lego Batman to push away NES Batman!  Great music in NES Batman, btw.

#9 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Yeah I remember playing Batman Returns on the SNES endlessly. I also thought Batman Forever was pretty good.

#10 Posted by Fax (534 posts) -

Batman Forever!!!

#11 Edited by lolwot (257 posts) -

deleted

#12 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -
lolwot said:
"There is no best Batman game. There is only a least bad Batman game."
Amen.
#13 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
Vlademir said:
"lolwot said:
Amen."
I second that.
#14 Posted by alexl86 (620 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"Vlademir said:
"lolwot said:
Amen."
I second that."

Batman on the NES was a good game. It was hard, but it's still a good game. I also think there was a decent Batman game based on the animated series, but I never played it. I know this doesn't count, but I don't think MK vs. DCU looks like it'll be a bad game.

No matter what you say about Batman, his games are better than Superman's... though that's not setting the bar very high.
#15 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -
Vlademir said:
"lolwot said:
Amen."
That sums it up well. This latest attempt looks the best so far from what I've seen though..which isn't saying much since any new game can trample any previous Batman game(referring to the Arkham game coming out)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.