Harley Quinn Main Villian TDK Sequel

#1 Posted by robbob88 (326 posts) -

I was just wondering if anyone agrees with me that Harley Quinn should be the next villain? I think that she would be great as the "spiritual successor" to The Joker. I think it would work perfectly because Christopher Nolan said how he wants to portray villains that have yet to be in a Batman film. Also read this part of an article from wikipedia that explains how Harley Quinn became a physchopath like The Joker,

"As portrayed in the comic, she becomes fascinated with the Joker while interning at Arkham, and volunteers to analyze him. She falls in love nearly instantly with the Joker during their sessions. After helping him escape from the asylum more than once, she is caught by her superiors, who revoke her license and put her in her own cell. During an earthquake in Gotham City, she flees and becomes Harley Quinn, the Joker's partner-in-crime."

I also think that it would be really cool to see her on film, I loved her character in the Batman Animated Series.

#2 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Hmm i have to agree thats a good idea for the next villian but as long as they don't try to make her too much like the Joker than i'd be happy. After all in the Dark Knight the Joker did state he had a girlfriend once so perhaps she is or could be Harley Quinn?

#3 Posted by PaperPlain (243 posts) -

That would suck. She's such an unbeleivable character.

#4 Posted by Orange_Pork (603 posts) -
PaperPlain said:
"That would suck. She's such an unbeleivable character."
All of the Batman characters are unbelievable. That's why Christopher Nolan reimagines everyone to be somewhat plausible (Scarecrow, Joker, Two-Face, etc.)
#5 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

Harley Quinn would rule if Heath ledger was alive and they set her up as his girlfriend but as a stand alone nope

#6 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

No there are other deserving villains that should be in the next movie. Harley was just made as a comic relief in the Bruce Timm animated series, and even though she's been getting more respectable in the comics... I still can't take her seriously.

Villains I'd like to see who haven't been in a Bats movie yet would be Ventriloquist, Clayface, Hush, or Black Mask, I'd also like to see a darker Riddler then the one in Batman Forever, or other remakes of Penguin, Catwoman, or Mr Freeze.

#7 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Took me ages to find out that "Harlequin" is an actual word. I think it describes a person who is a mess.

#8 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

That would be terrible. You heard it here first.

Seriously.

#9 Posted by TrulyAlive (901 posts) -

...erm...I...
...I'm torn. It's one of those ideas that could turn out to be completely inspired...or as retarded as they come.
Solely down to how it would be produced.

#10 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Nah dude, too much involvement with the Joker needed
I'm hoping for Bane or Black Mask
But in all likelihood it will probably be Penguin or Riddler

#11 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

I think that Mr. Freeze should be the main villain in the third movie.  He's got a hell of a tragic story and could pull more than a few heartstrings with viewers.  I would want him to be more along the lines of the Batman: The Animated Series, not the buff-Arnold version.  Other than that, bring in the Catwoman side story from Long Halloween/Dark Victory and such with the Falcone family, and maybe at least just ONCE give me a small whimper from a sewer grate saying "Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday".

#12 Edited by Jigen (189 posts) -

Harley Quinn without the Joker would suck IMO.

She's a great character, but without the Joker it would be bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.