Remember this game?

#1 Posted by TMiggs (24 posts) -

I found this relic a few weeks ago.  Does anyone remember playing this game on the Playstation? Feel free to share your thoughts.

#2 Posted by Djungelurban (179 posts) -

Yep, I sure remember it. It was the first game that I ever played on a PS1 back when it was released. I remember being just blown away by the graphics, making games like Star Fox, Virtua Fighter and Virtua Racing looking like poop and also thinking it handled like a dream. These day however... not so much... In fact, it's kinda crappy...

#3 Posted by Jotun (596 posts) -

I remember some of my friends really enjoyed it. I, on the other hand, never played it. The next time I go to the place I buy old games from, I'll check this one out for sure.

#4 Posted by GamespotNoMore (856 posts) -

it was the first 3D fighter that I was actually impressed with

#5 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

sorry don't ring a bell.

#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

No.

#7 Posted by DrFoxbard (35 posts) -

The Toshinden series is probably my favorite fighting game series.

#8 Posted by harinosho (591 posts) -

one of the best. if remade. i would undoubtedly win over the "soul calibur" series (if they dont screw it up)

#9 Posted by BadSniper52 (600 posts) -

I remember my friends playing it all day once. Goood times.

#10 Posted by Chopstix (37 posts) -

God, I loved that game to death. I played it for hours, learning every character's moves, and I was only, like 5. I was still reasonably good at it, though.

#11 Posted by obcdexter (566 posts) -

When I got my original PS, the three games I picked up with it where Tekken and Toshinden 1 and 2. I was amazed by how good Toshinden 2 looked back then. Played it quite a while.
Most memorable character imo is Vermillion. The half-real intro rocked, too. :D
Oh yeah, and: "Rrrrattlessssnake"

#12 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Yep, I remember being on the fence between a Saturn and the PS.  I was over at a friends house and was watching him playing TSD and was like "Holy Shit!"  Went to Target the next day and bought a PS and a copy of TSD and Ridge Racer. 

#13 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3095 posts) -

I played RIDICULOUS amounts of the third game.

#14 Posted by yakov456 (1896 posts) -

It was the game that made me have to have a Playstation at launch, looking back it wasn't so great but at the time it was great.

#15 Posted by Du2andal (54 posts) -

It is definitely not a game I could ever return to but man I had a blast with this back in the day.  It's a shame how poorly the early psx games have aged.

#16 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

How could anyone forget? It came with my PlayStation in 1997 along with Ridge Racer and Tekken. 

Unlike a lot of fighting games, it... really doesn't hold up today very well. Still classic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.