Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 21, 2016

The long-running Battlefield series goes even further back in time in the 15th installment, this time to the first World War.

Battlefield 1 Trailer

• 132 results
    Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beaudacious

I played the shit out of BF3-BF4, tried the Hardline Beta and skipped Hardline and Battlefront. But this looks fucking amazing, especially with the mix of alternate, and realistic WW1 tech. I'm sold, I'm getting 1942 flashbacks. No FPS has been able recapture the stupid fun of 1942 Secret Weapons, and this looks like it might be the shooter.

Hopefully they let us wing surf like the good old days. I'm tired of realistic, I want stupid fun in my shooters.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Looks incredible, of course it does and it will sound amazing too.

Really looking forward to this getting this a day the servers are confirmed to be stable.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I'm tired of realistic, I want stupid fun in my shooters.

So then why be excited about a shooter based on a real conflict, with guns that actually existed, based on battles that actually happened?

Battleborn, Doom, and Overwatch are all out there by the way

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Giant Bomb staff are such downers the trailer looks incredible though.

Avatar image for bernard_bernoulli
    Bernard_Bernoulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leejunfan83: they've been saying it'd be neat to do a World War 1 game for years and that COD is wearing out its welcome. Guess stuff got too real for them

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bernard_bernoulli: I'm just getting tired of their jaded attittudes. There's more than enough stuff in everyday life to be down about but games are supposed to be a fun innocent escape. It's like they actively look for negative things to complain about it makes me sad.

Gatobolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gatobolo

Do like, hopefully gameplay is not as shallow as Battlefront

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaudacious said:

I'm tired of realistic, I want stupid fun in my shooters.

So then why be excited about a shooter based on a real conflict, with guns that actually existed, based on battles that actually happened?

Battleborn, Doom, and Overwatch are all out there by the way

I like "good" games. Also sounds like you never played 1942.

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Joe_McCallister

Oh holy hell, this looks fantastic.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

"Early Enlister Deluxe Edition."

I fucking hate pre-order culture.

Beyond that, I'm fine with the game for whatever it will be. Just, please...change the goddamn name.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Love how this looks. Plus even horses and everything. I'm very excited to see straight up gameplay.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't need it to be super realistic or true to the historic conflict (because I wouldn't find that a fun videogame).

I just think the general aesthetic and setting are really interesting to set a game around, even if they stray from the path of accuracy. Rudimentary tanks and horses and triplanes in the same game space? That sounds cool as hell.

Then again, Star Wars is a cool setting for a game and that didn't really blow people away, so I can see how this can end up not coming together. But based on that trailer, I'm going going in with high hopes.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Thats a fucking stupid name, but sure, a World war 1 game that plays like BF4 might work.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Wasn't sure how I would battlefeel about that name, but it's growing on me.

Trailer looks super rad too, but if they really wanted to one-up Call of Duty Infinite Warfare's Call of Duty Modern Warfare bundle, they'd include Wings. It's already been remastered and everything.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That zeppelin scene made me burst out laughing. Also this is a terrible name.

dbdanny16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leejunfan83: have they been slating this already?

im impressed they had the balls to make a ww1 game tbh, excited for it!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@leejunfan83 said:

@bernard_bernoulli: I'm just getting tired of their jaded attittudes. There's more than enough stuff in everyday life to be down about but games are supposed to be a fun innocent escape. It's like they actively look for negative things to complain about it makes me sad.

To be fair Jeff admitted this near the end of this weeks Bombcast when talking about annoying fans of any medium haha (this was during the vaping discussion).

Mostly I think they just like to make snarky jokes on twitter though. That's twitter for you.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHAT IS HAPPENING, First COD looks cool again after several years and Battlefield isn't going to be the same game for a third iteration in a row! SHOOTERS ARE BACK!!!

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hmoney001

I'm in day one.

Also reading some of the reactions to the trailer makes you realize they really dont teach much about WWI anymore in school.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Christoffer

Is that Simon Viklund's take on Seven Nation Army? In any case... enough with Seven Nation Army.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Activision and EA both battling it out to see who can make me cringe harder with their music choice in these trailers.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Simon Viklund's take on Seven Nation Army? In any case... enough with Seven Nation Army.

It's the UEFA Euro 2016 soccer tournament this summer, so there is going to be a lot more Seven Nation Army before the year is done.

I like the idea of rudimentary aircraft taking the place of UAV drones.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

still with the single player narrative? Meh, I'm sold on the trench warfare multiplayer, at first you think it's corridors chasing guys but then a tank rolls in. BRILLIANT!

chen_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody know if it's trying to be an accurate representation of WW1 or some kind of alternative universe WW1 (Diesel-punky?)?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akeldama said:

Activision and EA both battling it out to see who can make me cringe harder with their music choice in these trailers.

I liked both. But I'm not at all familiar with either song.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as there is some sort of flying transport vehicle I can roll with a bunch of dudes and bail out midair, then I'm all in.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel conflicted.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks pretty rad. I'm glad that they aren't just doing the modern military or near future stuff anymore. That was cool for a while but got old fast. Time to go back to WW1 or WW2 and do some crazy out-there shit.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32  Edited By GERALTITUDE

The name is hilariously bad but the game looks cool. Curious to see what this will look like on actually affordable PCs / console.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Whitestripes09

Not really sure how I feel, but I think both this and Infinite Warfare look pretty dumb.

I feel like I have no real idea what is going on here because of how theatric this whole trailer is and I can't really tell which scenes are just artistic liberty of the multiplayer or which are single player cutscenes. We have dudes on horses, trench warfare, air battles,WWI tanks, warships on sea, trains, and zeppelins. Like... I'm already overwhelmed on what is being shown and can't even imagine if half of these things were implemented into multiplayer. I just really feel they need to scale down Battlefield back to the basics so it's not a clusterfuck of ideas and mechanics that are all half assed thought out, but "look cool" so its okay. I'm honestly feeling the same kind of way I felt after watching Infinite Warfare where I'm thinking "okay... so how much of this is going to actually be implemented in multiplayer?"

The art style is okay, seems very Dieselpunk inspired.

Avatar image for deactivated-5909e94ba2838
    deactivated-5909e94ba2838

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWI is super cool but I get the feeling DICE had a brain drain a while back and has no idea why their games were so good. If this resembles battlefront in any way then all hope is lost and DICE is the new crytek.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hayt

I am very happy that it's not just going to be set in Europe France. Very glad to see some variety in the tech even if it's not so accurate. Now all they need to do is make it so I can walk up to that fucking tank and getin with 3 friends. If it's tokens again...

Edit: I wasn't awake for the unveiling. Was there a livestream or anything or did it simply post this trailer?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to play a game set in World War 1 but I don't think a big AAA multiplayer is the right game for it. I feel a game like the Witcher but with guns could work during that time period.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I wonder if the British will be represented with the myriad of nationalities it was in real life.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l44:Considering they've gone out of their way to put the Harlem Hellfighters in it (in fact it seems like it might even be the box-art) there's a chance. I suspect with the emphasis on melee stuff you'll see a kukri if not a Gurkha himself

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard it's going to have arcadey hero and vehicle power ups like Battlefront. If that's true, I have lost all interest.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leejunfan83: I don't see what that has to do with anything, since they all seemed to at least appreciate the new setting.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really interesting in the setting and the possibilities within, but mostly I'm just glad they're doing something different. The trailer did look pretty great and I am curious how the setting will work in multiplayer. So far I'm pretty optimistic about all of this.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

It's cool that they are going back to WW1 but change the name. For the love of Christ, please change the name. It's bad enough we have the Xbox One, I'd really rather not have a game with a 1 in the title. Why not just call it "Battlefield (year in which the game takes place)"?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hayt

@justin258: I wonder if the actual odds of market place confusion don't really matter. I wonder if a person would go into Gamespot and see Battlefield 1 and actually think it's an old game. Not impossible I suppose but probably doesn't make a huge difference. If they were chasing mainstream casual money big time they wouldn't have done an "old guns" setting which even puts people like Jeff Gerstmann off.

Edit: That said I agree that "Battlefield 1" is a total gag of a name. Battlefield: 1914-18 (pick a year) would work and wouldn't have this issue. Although maybe that's what they want to avoid. People seeing old years and going "I don't want to play a shooter with nothing but muskets. Lame."

Vindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leejunfan83: I feel exactly how you feel. They have become really jaded. Especially Jeff.

Jason, Dan and Drew really keep it together with their enthusiasm. I have been a member at this site since it was in beta and it is really starting to wear at me now.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odd choice of song and tone for a war that was quite the downer. That said, game will probably be pretty good.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@hayt said:

@justin258: I wonder if the actual odds of market place confusion don't really matter. I wonder if a person would go into Gamespot and see Battlefield 1 and actually think it's an old game. Not impossible I suppose but probably doesn't make a huge difference. If they were chasing mainstream casual money big time they wouldn't have done an "old guns" setting which even puts people like Jeff Gerstmann off.

Edit: That said I agree that "Battlefield 1" is a total gag of a name. Battlefield: 1914-18 (pick a year) would work and wouldn't have this issue. Although maybe that's what they want to avoid. People seeing old years and going "I don't want to play a shooter with nothing but muskets. Lame."

They should call it "Battlefield: The Great War" or something else referencing World War 1 That took me all of five seconds to think up and it fits just fine. What they've got is just the worst.

I am interested in seeing how this game turns out, though. There are games that take place during World War 1 but they're few and far between and I can't think of any WW1 games with such a huge publisher and name behind it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

People should check out Verdun, it's pretty good (it's different in feel from a Battlefield title, though) and there's even a quick look up on the site:

It's all trench warfare, though, as far as I know

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't sure how I would battlefeel about that name, but it's growing on me.

Trailer looks super rad too, but if they really wanted to one-up Call of Duty Infinite Warfare's Call of Duty Modern Warfare bundle, they'd include Wings. It's already been remastered and everything.

get. out.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Giant Bomb staff are such downers the trailer looks incredible though.

dude, going by jeff's tweets alone he sounds optimistic. have no idea where you're getting this from.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.