Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1943

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 08, 2009

Return to the Pacific Theater in this simpler, downloadable, console-exclusive sequel to the massive World War II first-person shooter Battlefield 1942. It was later shut down on December 2023.

Excitement- Battlefield 1943, ik-sahyt-muhnt, noun.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

Edited By TheGamerGeek
    No Caption Provided
    Let's get this out of the way, first. When Battlefield 1943 was released, it had quite a bit of issues. A games launch can honestly probably not get much worse than Battlefields, seeing as it was totally unplayable. Also, sitting at the start screen, tapping A over and over again is not really a fun thing to review. After maybe 2 days of work on their servers, the game was finally really ready to launch.

And launch it did. The time waiting for it was totally worth it, despite it not having much depth cause of the lone 3 main maps and 3 classes. Now the maps are all well designed and me having never played Battlefield 1942 looked at them as brand new maps but I would definitely be able to see people complaining about the lack of new content. The classes are your basic classes, Scout, Infantry, and Rifleman. None of the classes are too different besides the main weapon which is good and bad. It makes all the classes approachable without really having to grind to get to be good at a certain class but after a while, you kind of want some new class and hopefully that'll be in some DLC. Something they add that wasn't in 1942 is Air Raids. They're just 3 planes that bomb the hell out of one spot on the map. In concept these things are rad but that doesn't transition to the game. I fount them useless and the buildings you activate them in, very hard to find on the map.
    No Caption Provided

One thing Battlefield 1943 does that is normally something that doesn't really shine in games, is the sound. While running, you can just hear bullets zooming past your head, and still also hear things going on, on the other side of the map. Explosions not only sound fantastic but looks amazing too. That's not to say every other bit of Battlefield 1943 doesn't look equally as good. The terrain destroying element doesn't just add visual appeal but it makes the flow of the game so much better. Whilst driving you'll sometimes just wanna drive off track just to see stuff destroy. Every element of Battlefield 1943 is just a fantastic looking piece of art.

The sheer randomness and intensity of Battlefield 1943 is just another thing that drops jaws. While running you may look up and see an airplane coming straight for you cause the driver parachuted out or you could driving a plane, look up and notice you're about to go head first into another plane. I find it to be moments like that, that really show you this is the franchise to go to for exciting World War II games. Excitement, that may be a word that I've said a lot in this review but it's really one
    No Caption Provided
    good word that I'd use to describe this game.

Battlefield 1943 gives you all you'd want from a 15 dollar game and more. It makes me happy to know that you can still go on the Xbox Live Arcade and get games like this that can get you 20-30 hours of enjoyment. The gameplay, the looks, it's all there. And admittedly, I've never saw it at a better price.
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek
    No Caption Provided
    Let's get this out of the way, first. When Battlefield 1943 was released, it had quite a bit of issues. A games launch can honestly probably not get much worse than Battlefields, seeing as it was totally unplayable. Also, sitting at the start screen, tapping A over and over again is not really a fun thing to review. After maybe 2 days of work on their servers, the game was finally really ready to launch.

And launch it did. The time waiting for it was totally worth it, despite it not having much depth cause of the lone 3 main maps and 3 classes. Now the maps are all well designed and me having never played Battlefield 1942 looked at them as brand new maps but I would definitely be able to see people complaining about the lack of new content. The classes are your basic classes, Scout, Infantry, and Rifleman. None of the classes are too different besides the main weapon which is good and bad. It makes all the classes approachable without really having to grind to get to be good at a certain class but after a while, you kind of want some new class and hopefully that'll be in some DLC. Something they add that wasn't in 1942 is Air Raids. They're just 3 planes that bomb the hell out of one spot on the map. In concept these things are rad but that doesn't transition to the game. I fount them useless and the buildings you activate them in, very hard to find on the map.
    No Caption Provided

One thing Battlefield 1943 does that is normally something that doesn't really shine in games, is the sound. While running, you can just hear bullets zooming past your head, and still also hear things going on, on the other side of the map. Explosions not only sound fantastic but looks amazing too. That's not to say every other bit of Battlefield 1943 doesn't look equally as good. The terrain destroying element doesn't just add visual appeal but it makes the flow of the game so much better. Whilst driving you'll sometimes just wanna drive off track just to see stuff destroy. Every element of Battlefield 1943 is just a fantastic looking piece of art.

The sheer randomness and intensity of Battlefield 1943 is just another thing that drops jaws. While running you may look up and see an airplane coming straight for you cause the driver parachuted out or you could driving a plane, look up and notice you're about to go head first into another plane. I find it to be moments like that, that really show you this is the franchise to go to for exciting World War II games. Excitement, that may be a word that I've said a lot in this review but it's really one
    No Caption Provided
    good word that I'd use to describe this game.

Battlefield 1943 gives you all you'd want from a 15 dollar game and more. It makes me happy to know that you can still go on the Xbox Live Arcade and get games like this that can get you 20-30 hours of enjoyment. The gameplay, the looks, it's all there. And admittedly, I've never saw it at a better price.
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

I really, really want this game but I don't have any points.

Nat3TheGreat13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Nat3TheGreat13
    @GamerGeek360 said:
    " I really, really want this game but I don't have any points. "
    me 2.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

Randomness is the best game mechanic ever, i wish i didnt have to wait till september for this

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Coltonio7

I like battlefield sir.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.