Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 2142

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 17, 2006

Battlefield 2142 takes the popular Battlefield series into a futuristic ice age, complete with future-tech weapons and vehicles.

We never expected the ice....

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By The_Laughing_Man

A little wile back I grabbed the Deluxe version of this game and got right into it. Set in the year 2142 *duh* Battlefield 2142 grabbed my attention right away with its futuristic yet modern feeling weapons and setting. I however did not go into battle alone. Taking Aaox *BenNinja ingame* With me we quickly made a strong team.  

This game is in short "Great" Dice easily did a amazing job with this and its expansion.  

So the best way I feel to explain this game is to talk about my very first run in with a Titan. I started on a mode called " Titan" Where two massive flying fortress covered in a shield. This mode has the players capture missile silos to take down this shield. After which you board the other titan to destroy it from within.  

Anyways.... 

At the game start I took about 5 mins to memorize the controls and hopped into a Transport hover copter. Quickly grasping the  controls I set off to "Kill some fools" In the distance I quickly spotted a enemy walker  

So right away I assume" Air beats walker" So I fly straight into attack" However it all goes very wrong when I myself get flanked by their hover copter. With only a few hit points left in my copter I pick to slam mine into the walker. Quickly ejecting before the hit. Which sends my once proud copter into the mech. Turning both into a ball of flames! I hit the ground running as the mech explodes and the other copter on my heels. Finding there is no cover I turn to face my fate. The pilot seeing I have given up steady his copter for his shot..The first missile misses me...then a explosion and the copter falls in flames. Though these flames rolls a tank of my own team.  

The smile on my face was un matched. Laughing I hop into the tank to attack the now shield less titan. Missiles slam all around us and bullets pelt the tanks armor.   

No Caption Provided

Finely reaching the looming giant and my Battle buddy leap from the tank to the safety of a ACP which is equipped with "Drop pods" We are rocketed up (With a nice little scream) to the top of the titan where we storm down the halls a hail of bullets at our backs. The halls where locked down by the enemy we had to force our way pass turrets,Rockets, and frag grenades to destroy the 4 consoles that sealed the power core doors. And then with its weakness exposed our team storms the power core and lets fly rockets bullets demo pack.  

A stray bullet sadly brought me down and I stared at the ceiling as seconds counted down. However a form appeared over me and I hear" Your back now make them pay!" as I am surged back to life with a life pack. With renewed vigor I held off attackers as more demo packs where attached to the core. Then with a wonder full explosion I was informed the Titan hull was destroyed. But the game did not end there. Our men dashed for the exits. The titan blowing up around us. As I reached the edge of the docking area I leaped and had a wonderful free fall. My life saved by opening my parachute and landing with grace. Turning my eye  to the sky I saw the Titan blowing up. And with that the match ended!   

The game is more then worth the 20 bucks I paid for it on line. If you pick it up or have it. Add me to friends" CyberZeroX" Is me and I roll as support. 

And with that I leave you. The game is great and I love it. I however leave a gift. The awesome version of the theme from Wake Island! 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

A little wile back I grabbed the Deluxe version of this game and got right into it. Set in the year 2142 *duh* Battlefield 2142 grabbed my attention right away with its futuristic yet modern feeling weapons and setting. I however did not go into battle alone. Taking Aaox *BenNinja ingame* With me we quickly made a strong team.  

This game is in short "Great" Dice easily did a amazing job with this and its expansion.  

So the best way I feel to explain this game is to talk about my very first run in with a Titan. I started on a mode called " Titan" Where two massive flying fortress covered in a shield. This mode has the players capture missile silos to take down this shield. After which you board the other titan to destroy it from within.  

Anyways.... 

At the game start I took about 5 mins to memorize the controls and hopped into a Transport hover copter. Quickly grasping the  controls I set off to "Kill some fools" In the distance I quickly spotted a enemy walker  

So right away I assume" Air beats walker" So I fly straight into attack" However it all goes very wrong when I myself get flanked by their hover copter. With only a few hit points left in my copter I pick to slam mine into the walker. Quickly ejecting before the hit. Which sends my once proud copter into the mech. Turning both into a ball of flames! I hit the ground running as the mech explodes and the other copter on my heels. Finding there is no cover I turn to face my fate. The pilot seeing I have given up steady his copter for his shot..The first missile misses me...then a explosion and the copter falls in flames. Though these flames rolls a tank of my own team.  

The smile on my face was un matched. Laughing I hop into the tank to attack the now shield less titan. Missiles slam all around us and bullets pelt the tanks armor.   

No Caption Provided

Finely reaching the looming giant and my Battle buddy leap from the tank to the safety of a ACP which is equipped with "Drop pods" We are rocketed up (With a nice little scream) to the top of the titan where we storm down the halls a hail of bullets at our backs. The halls where locked down by the enemy we had to force our way pass turrets,Rockets, and frag grenades to destroy the 4 consoles that sealed the power core doors. And then with its weakness exposed our team storms the power core and lets fly rockets bullets demo pack.  

A stray bullet sadly brought me down and I stared at the ceiling as seconds counted down. However a form appeared over me and I hear" Your back now make them pay!" as I am surged back to life with a life pack. With renewed vigor I held off attackers as more demo packs where attached to the core. Then with a wonder full explosion I was informed the Titan hull was destroyed. But the game did not end there. Our men dashed for the exits. The titan blowing up around us. As I reached the edge of the docking area I leaped and had a wonderful free fall. My life saved by opening my parachute and landing with grace. Turning my eye  to the sky I saw the Titan blowing up. And with that the match ended!   

The game is more then worth the 20 bucks I paid for it on line. If you pick it up or have it. Add me to friends" CyberZeroX" Is me and I roll as support. 

And with that I leave you. The game is great and I love it. I however leave a gift. The awesome version of the theme from Wake Island! 

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By aaox

Maybe if you'd keep your ass from dying so much I wouldn't have to revive you all the time. But nevertheless- Awesome game is awesome.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TotalEklypse

i have been considering reinstalling 2142.  o how i love the real battlefield games.. u know the pc ones.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

My only regret is picking such a crappy name.  

@Aaox said:

" Maybe if you'd keep your ass from dying so much I wouldn't have to revive you all the time. But nevertheless- Awesome game is awesome. "
    And you get points for doing that. So be happy! 
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By bed
    @Aaox said:
    " Maybe if you'd keep your ass from dying so much I wouldn't have to revive you all the time. 
    haha that reminds me of when we played... L4D2 ;_;
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TotalEklypse said:
    " i have been considering reinstalling 2142.  o how i love the real battlefield games.. u know the pc ones. "
    Go for it. The game is amazing. 
    aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By aaox
    @The_Laughing_Man: I do get points, that is correct. I get a lot of points. 
    @AjayRaz: I know! I wanted to play a lot more of that, but the dude took it back cause he'd sold it after he let me borrow it, which in my opinion is a dick move. Ben Ninja will get through Dark Carnival with you, though, even if I have to buy the damn game.
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @TotalEklypse said:
    " i have been considering reinstalling 2142.  o how i love the real battlefield games.. u know the pc ones. "
    Go for it. The game is amazing.  "
    kinda waiting for my newb ass friend whom i just brought over to pc gaming to order his copy. i will have to dust off the flight control so i can make sure those first missiles dont miss the guy standing still on the ground >=)
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By bed
    @Aaox: i already beat Dark Carnival, though :P 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There was a long time when I didn't have any other games besides this, and I played the absolute shit out of it.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By aaox
    @AjayRaz:
    Darko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Darko

I fucking LOVED this game for years. Made and still play with some great friends thanks to this game. I also played this game competitively for a few years. Made some vids for a casual tournament and the mod they use. You might like em.

The first was to promote the fact that the modders were the first in 2142 to bring Karkand in from bf2.

The second was just some stuff from one our weekly 'battles'. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

More people should get this game. 

ErEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ErEl

I had this game played it a fair bit. My favourite Battlefield game so far even though it ran like shit on my PC at the time. Shame I lost game; I'm waiting for EA to put it up on Steam so I can get myself a digital copy.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ErEl said:
    " I had this game played it a fair bit. My favourite Battlefield game so far even though it ran like shit on my PC at the time. Shame I lost game; I'm waiting for EA to put it up on Steam so I can get myself a digital copy. "
    They have it on their site. The version they have has the Expansion in it as well. 
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By TheFreeMan

It's times like these I wish my PC was, you know, good.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Anyone else have this game who wants to join in? 

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By ShaneDev

Old thread but I just started playing this game again after a long while I love this damn game so much in my opinion it is a much better game than Battlefield 2 and so much more fun I might write a blog about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.