Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

1UP: What we want for Battlefield 3:

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Jayross
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

I agree with pretty much all of that.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

I disagree with the classes. BF2142 was a real-ass Battlefield game and it only had (needed) four classes. Except the classes need tech trees like 2142, but like four or five branches instead of just two.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DrPockets000
    @MrKlorox said:
    " I disagree with the classes. BF2142 was a real-ass Battlefield game and it only had (needed) four classes. "
    Agreed.
    sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sjupp
    @MrKlorox said:
    " I disagree with the classes. BF2142 was a real-ass Battlefield game and it only had (needed) four classes. Except the classes need tech trees like 2142, but like four or five branches instead of just two. "
    At first I would agree with this, but then I thought of my time playing BF2 and now I beg to differ. Maybe it's just the nostalgia talking but I could definitely see how the multiple classes would work.

Initially, I disagreed with most parts but the further I read along, the more things seemed to make sense. This is Battlefield we're talking about, not Bad Company. It's too early to be given too much thought though.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

I agree with all that, but adding to that, I want ATVs. BC2 had ATVs, and I now have a love for A TV's, basically more ATVs. Or maybe, a hell of alot more ATV's.

Maybe it should just be a first person shooter where instead of legs, your dude has an ATV body. That would do alot towards adding more ATV's. Im not sure what DICE was doing in BF2 by not having ATVS but I know that ATVs are alot of fun because they are ATVs and every battlefield game should now have ATVs. Hell, the original Half Life should have ATVs like in Bad Company 2, thats how awesome those ATVs were.

Im not fucking joking, I want ATVs in Battlefield 3, make it happen.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Mikemcn said:

" I agree witha ll that, but adding to that, I want ATVs. BC2 had ATVs, and I now have a love for ATV's, basically more ATVs. "

If you have ATV's you gotta include JetSki's. Those hover snow-speeders in 2142 were really badass though because they had multiple weapons, a speed boost, and could strafe. I really hope BF3 is set in the near-future so they can make an excuse for vehicles strafing again. I could care less about walking mechs though (unless they had ATV rollerskates).
    damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By damnboyadvance

I agree with everything in that article. DICE will fill in the missing pieces.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bionicicide

Did anyone actually like being the Commander?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mikemcn
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @Mikemcn said:

" I agree witha ll that, but adding to that, I want ATVs. BC2 had ATVs, and I now have a love for ATV's, basically more ATVs. "

If you have ATV's you gotta include JetSki's. Those hover snow-speeders in 2142 were really badass though because they had multiple weapons, a speed boost, and could strafe. I really hope BF3 is set in the near-future so they can make an excuse for vehicles strafing again. I could care less about walking mechs though (unless they had ATV rollerskates). "
    Holy fuck, Your brilliant, ATV ROLLER SKATES, this needs to happen. I also feel like I could photoshop this......
    HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @Jayross: 
    So I dug around through your post history. You seem to like battlefield quite a bit..
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By meteora

A lot of the things the article suggested made sense and many seem appealing. I like them a lot.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayross
    @HypoXenophobia: You're stalking me now? And yes, I do. 

@Bionicicide said:
    " Did anyone actually like being the Commander? "
    I had quite a bit of fun being the commander if there were squad leaders who listened to me. I think the commander is an important position in a game with 32 people per-team.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Bionicicide said:
    loved it
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayross
    @Ahmad_Metallic
    @Bionicicide said:
    loved it
    Commander was dope.
    Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jace
    @MrKlorox said:
    " I disagree with the classes. BF2142 was a real-ass Battlefield game and it only had (needed) four classes. Except the classes need tech trees like 2142, but like four or five branches instead of just two. "
    Having 4-jack-of-some-trades classes is a fucking stupid idea. It dumbs down the game and erases identity and purpose. That shit needs to be gone. 7 classes.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Jace said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    Having 4-jack-of-some-trades classes is a fucking stupid idea. It dumbs down the game and erases identity and purpose. That shit needs to be gone. 7 classes. "
    I never suggested jack-of-some-trade classes. Do you not understand what branching tech trees implies? Your seven classes idea is actually the stupid one since 3 are already awfully redundant when you can't specify what they do or how they do it. For the small minded who can't figure it out, my idea implies greater variety in 4 customizable classes than the 7 pre-defined classes in BF2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.