After the Beta Are You Still Buying It?

• 94 results
#1 Posted by Wraxend (570 posts) -

#2 Edited by Wraxend (570 posts) -

So with quite a few posts with people saying that they're not gonna be getting Battlefield 3, I was just wondering what the number really is of people who have been "affected" by the beta to change their minds. I myself will be keeping my pre-order, what about everyone else?

EDIT: its BATTLEFIELD 3 lol forgot to put it in.

#3 Posted by imsh_pl (3314 posts) -

I don't even know what beta you're talking about.

#4 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

ummm.... what beta? no way to know what game youre talking about.

#5 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

You might want to put this in the forum of the game you're referencing....

#6 Posted by Mordi (553 posts) -

Wraxend posted this under the wrong forum. Probably should be moved to the Battlefield 3 forum.

#7 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

Are you kidding!? I'm buying General Discussion DAY FUCKING ONE!

#8 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

if this is for the battlefield 3 beta. i am no longer buying it. and thats sad. i really really really wanted it to be awesome. but it feels..... not awesome. i guess ill stick with gears of war 3 and modern warfare 3 instead.

#9 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

I'll get it eventually, but my PC can run it at about 25fps which is not fun for me. Being stuck with an old dual core makes me sad.

#10 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Day effing one!

#11 Posted by Fragonard (75 posts) -

Yep. I don't judge games off of unfinished code. Plus I love Battlefield, I have faith in DICE.

#12 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I hope people don't expect the final game to be that glitchy/low on performance and visually held back. It's beta code, It's already a pretty old build. BETAs aren't demos, don't treat them like demos.

#13 Posted by N7 (3667 posts) -

I was never buying it.

#14 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

I'm still buying it, though I really hope there are more maps like Caspian border. I'm unconventional in that I enjoy rush mode, but I'm not much a fan of Operation Metro.

#15 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Day effing one!

This dude knows what's up

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@N7 said:

I was never buying it.

Same here, since I've never touched a Battlefield game.
#17 Posted by Servbot_2021 (5 posts) -

Yes.

#18 Posted by ericdrum (405 posts) -

Of course, wouldn't miss it.

#19 Posted by Happy_Gentle_Man (12 posts) -

Not a chance in hell. Supremely disappointed, especially with the modding and glitches. I play PC version.

#20 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Happy_Gentle_Man said:

Not a chance in hell. Supremely disappointed, especially with the modding and glitches. I play PC version.

How dare a month old beta build of a game be glitchy.

Some people.

#21 Edited by Honk (27 posts) -

You know I was going to, but after the beta, I probably won't. I may pick it up used a few months later, but then most people will be far too familiar with it. I understand the issues with a Beta, but my problem was that I just didn't enjoy it.

#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

They're fixing the squads, probably implementing a better game map, and HOPEFULLY giving us reasonable bullet damage and proper hit detection.. hopefully the this shooter will deliver on shooting.

So, most definitely. 64 conquest awaits me!

#23 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1048 posts) -

Yes, I'm still going to buy it, because I haven't technically played the game yet. I played a beta. A beta.

#24 Posted by chilibean_3 (1695 posts) -

I was really interested in what they were doing with the game before playing the beta. Now I'm just hoping it isn't hot garbage. I'll be in wait and see mode when it's released.

#25 Posted by sagesebas (1973 posts) -

the technical problems didn't bother me, I just didn't really have fun walking two spots ahead dying, rinse repeat.

#26 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@Sooty: I'm on the "BUY IT" train, but I have an issue with the "month old build" argument.

The game ships soon. Like, in stores by the 25th soon. So why use a month old build for something you will be pumping out, for free, to ANY potential customer? That entire concept seems bananas. For the xbox and ps3 versions? Sure, because they might have had to go through cert to verify it was ok to download, but not on pc.

Builds are made all the time, why not upload a build made much closer to the launch of the beta? it's for testing anyways, so bugs should be expected.

#27 Edited by Wraxend (570 posts) -

@clstirens: the reason its a month old is becuase Microsoft/Sony have to certify it and EA probably have to check their own PC build which would take time.

#28 Posted by Evilsbane (4738 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

They're fixing the squads, probably implementing a better game map, and HOPEFULLY giving us reasonable bullet damage and proper hit detection.. hopefully the this shooter will deliver on shooting. So, most definitely. 64 conquest awaits me!

Bullet damage yea that needs to be fixed but Hit detection seems pretty damn spot on I already find it 2-3x better then BFBC2 which had the Worst goddamn hit detection of Any game I have ever played, If all I see is your head, I shoot and it tells me I connected How is that not a damn headshot? And yea the map is a POS but after watching Total play the caspian border map and seeing how beautiful the game is and then finding out the beta actually limits you to high even though ultra is a setting, I am Hyped for BF3.

#29 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@Wraxend: ...

I addressed that in my post, and it makes perfect sense. However, why on earth would the pc version have the same build? It's not like they are connecting to the same servers (although, maybe there is an air of truth to that concept, considering battlelog)

#30 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

Of course, it's still a good looking and fun game.

#31 Posted by Wraxend (570 posts) -

@clstirens: sorry my laptops playing up my sentence wasn't completely finished lol. Yeah i know you said about PS3/360 but like I edited EA probably certifies themselves and that would take time.

#32 Posted by Giantstalker (1727 posts) -

No question, already pre-ordered. Caspian Border was incredibly fun, even despite the bugs.

#33 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@Wraxend:I hadn't actually considered that...

Suddenly, all of this makes a lot more sense. I'm so used to the idea that the pc is the wild west of betas that I hadn't considered an EA vetted cert process.

#34 Posted by awesomeusername (4216 posts) -

Ccampers are annoying as fuck but my pre-order of $65.31 stays down because it's a fun game. More fun then I ever have with any other multiplayer game.

#35 Edited by Tru3_Blu3 (3243 posts) -

I'm not buying it until guns are more inaccurate and health is increased dramatically. With such large maps, including people going prone between small orifices and onto concealing chest-high walls, combat and killing are dry and cheap, as well as death. It could just be the Metro map, but if all rush games are going to be set in this fashion then fuck this game. I don't play games to get depressed, I play them to be enthralled, sucked in, entertained, amazed, or (if possible) touched.

This is a multiplayer game that doesn't focus on skill or even teamwork--BFBC2 did these two exceptionally well, despite the cheap 'high-caliber' perk and the wookies. No matter what you do, you will never get better at it unless you're good at camping in your games and getting potshots at people until someone sneaks up behind you (without that man getting sniped(which will happen)) and ends your 15 killstreak which, by the time of this ass hole's death, the game has already ended. Hell, the teams in this game are fucking one-sided; every game I join welcomes me to the losers and low-ranks in the server, with the other team--FILLED TO THE BRIM, PEOPLE--with incredibly high ranks. This game needs player swapping bad, because having a ranking system with such a horribly designed game as this fucks up all forms of competition. TF2 does this flawlessly, which is why I just love the damned game.

Yeah, BF3. That game sucks so far, and even if the conquest modes are actually good, it's still not worth the $60 pathetic dollars. I'll just wait for a GotY edition which will have all the already finished maps and game modes that should've been in the disc since 10/25/2011.

#36 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

@Servbot_2021 said:

Yes.

#37 Posted by Raineko (431 posts) -

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

I'm not buying it until guns are more inaccurate and health is increased dramatically. With such large maps, including people going prone between small orifices and onto concealing chest-high walls, combat and killing are dry and cheap, as well as death. It could just be the Metro map, but if all rush games are going to be set in this fashion then fuck this game. I don't play games to get depressed, I play them to be enthralled, sucked in, entertained, amazed, or (if possible) touched.

This is a multiplayer game that doesn't focus on skill or even teamwork--BFBC2 did these two exceptionally well, despite the cheap 'high-caliber' perk and the wookies. No matter what you do, you will never get better at it unless you're good at camping in your games and getting potshots at people until someone sneaks up behind you (without that man getting sniped(which will happen)) and ends your 15 killstreak which, by the time of this ass hole's death, the game has already ended. Hell, the teams in this game are fucking one-sided; every game I join welcomes me to the losers and low-ranks in the server, with the other team--FILLED TO THE BRIM, PEOPLE--with incredibly high ranks. This game needs player swapping bad, because having a ranking system with such a horribly designed game as this fucks up all forms of competition. TF2 does this flawlessly, which is why I just love the damned game.

Yeah, BF3. That game sucks so far, and even if the conquest modes are actually good, it's still not worth the $60 pathetic dollars. I'll just wait for a GotY edition which will have all the already finished maps and game modes that should've been in the disc since 10/25/2011.

I disagree with what you said. I don't think I have ever played a game that requires as much teamwork as BF3.

If you keep dying over and over again than you need to be more careful, this isn't CoD where you keep running through tight maps and when you see someone shoot him as quickly as possible.

I agree that the first part of the map is very sniper oriented but the second part in the underground not at all.

#38 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Nah, not at launch at least. And it's not because of the bugs or graphical issues or anything like that, it's because I simply don't enjoy the way shooting feels, the battlelog system and having to jump through so many fucking hoops with Origin and EA.

#39 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Of course. It is a beta for a reason.

#40 Posted by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

Yeah, maybe not day one, but the beta was hella fun!

#41 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

Still buying it.

#42 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Of course.

#43 Edited by Skald (4370 posts) -

You can put a blindingly bright flashlight on a shotgun. That's genius in it's simplicity.

So yeah, probably.

#44 Edited by mr_ace (54 posts) -
#45 Posted by wh1terav3n (661 posts) -

From what I've heard, the beta is based on over a month old code, and I have some faith in DICE. Not to mention I don't want to play a Modern Warfare 2 map pack (AKA MW3), and I need a multiplayer game, so even if there are a few little problems day one, it's fine with me.

#46 Posted by emergency (1190 posts) -

Theres quite a few people making posts saying that they are not gonna buy it cause of 'x'. Then there are the clever folk who realise its a beta and that its rush not conquest, 32 player not 64 player and without vehicles. Those are the people who are quitely playing away at the beta and not making hideous cringey blog posts that state some things wrong with the beta that will probably be fixed followed by a 'I'm out!'.

#47 Posted by Robo (817 posts) -

Yeah. I'm hoping some of the issues either have already been addressed in the final version or will be addressed soon after release. Chief among my concerns is some questionable hit-detection.

#48 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -
@wh1terav3n said:

I don't want to play a Modern Warfare 2 map pack (AKA MW3)

BOOOOOOM!
#49 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@N7 said:

I was never buying it.

Same here, since I've never touched a Battlefield game.

you are not king anymore!

#50 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@DAFTPUNK

There's a good reason for that. No, it's not because I don't feel like I have to bring any Battlefield game to your attention, since it's a non-obscure game in a non-obscure genre, but because I've had a lot of other games to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.