Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Aftermath DLC is Live - Watch Launch Trailer - Leave Feedback Pls

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Another strikingly beautiful expansion to Battlefield 3. Yet another gameplay focus. Scavenger - a Conquest variant about oldschool map knowledge and weapon spawnpoint control, just like classic Halo or Quake.

It's only out for PS3 right now. I'd love to hear some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sooty

I forgot how good Battlefield 3 looks. Enjoying PlanetSide 2 for the mean time though.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

BF3 has become nothing more than an awesome machinima game for me to watch videos of. I just lost my passion for playing Battlefield, I get bored now...

So, amazing launch video, not gonna play probably.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seppli

Posted the video between rounds of playing BF3. Just watched it now myself. Boy oh boy! Multiple scout helicopters in an earthquake ravaged urban environment - street canyons et all? Is that a chopper pilot's wet dream or what? So much more excited for this now, than I was before watching this trailer.

Roland Smedberg really nails it everytime. How does this fine gentleman not have a wiki-entry. Been up in this bitch for 10 years and counting. If only I knew how to work a wiki... or was willing to work on the wiki. Whatever rings more true.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

With Halo 4 out I can't force myself to care, though I would like to get my Colonel 100.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Nadafinga

Played about an hour's worth of Scavenger and Conquest on the new maps. First impressions:

• The maps are pretty small. Not Close Quarters small, but none of them is much bigger than, say, Grand Bazaar. But they have a lot of flags, 4, sometimes 5. Which gets pretty crazy, you're always running to the next flag to capture it, at no point tonight did a team manage to control all of them at once for more than a few seconds.
    • Scavenger is fun, but the "searching for weapons" part is pretty easy. They are pretty numerous, and there's a big blue arrow over the weapon that you can see from pretty far away, so its never very hard to find a gun.
    • The crossbow is pretty fun. I only found it once, but I scored two one-hit kills in a row before I got taken out. Very powerful weapon.
    • The character models are new when you play on these maps. Nothing more than a cosmetic thing, but interesting to see after a year of seeing the same dudes.

Otherwise, this is still Battlefield 3. Which is to say, its still fun as hell. I'm gonna go jump back in.

Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Chtasm

Can you use the new character models in the old stuff? I'm guessing not, but eh...

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By impartialgecko

It's not Bad Company 3, which is all I need to know.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Nadafinga

@Chtasm: Nope. There's no choosing character models, they're just different when you're in these 4 Aftermath maps.

A couple other things:

• the crossbow is unlocked as a gadget for all the classes once you complete the "Win 3 rounds of Scavenger" assignment, and its then usable in any game mode & map in the game. Alternate arrows (explosive, scanning) are available by completing other assignments. After spending some more time with it, its not an automatic one hit kill. There were plenty of times I hit a guy, then he killed me, and his remaining health was usually around 5-15%.
    • On top of Conquest and Scavenger, you can also play Rush on the new Aftermath maps. Not sure about other game modes, but I would assume squad & team deathmatch modes would be available too.
    sandweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By sandweed

Can you change camo on the new moddels?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seppli

Scavenger is a flippin' amazing arcade-style fun-mode. The whole 'picking up randomized weapons from the ground' system meshes very well with the insane amount of guns and gun customization in the game, and having lots of pistols in play at any given time, gives the whole thing much more wiggle-room for fun-gameplay to happen, due to generally higher survivability. Great stuff.

Scavenger might even be better with RPGs and C4 and such thrown into the mix.

Only played Scavenger mode thus far, but the maps look super promising for great urban warfare. Most likely the best urban environments in BF3 by far.

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By shaggydude

My Origin client is downloading about 6GB of updates for the game today. For someone playing on PC, how big are your game files when its fully updated at this point? I ask because I might need to delete some stuff to make room!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By big_jon

@adam1808 said:

It's not Bad Company 3, which is all I need to know.

That is a real issue too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.