Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Amazing Armored Kill Gameplay Trailer

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I don't love Battlefield 3 as much as I want to, I said as much many times. Mostly due to the lack of control I feel stemming from a lack of visibilty and overall feedback clarity and general structure - and many other unfortunate original BF3 design decisions which I loathe.

But gods be good, if Battlefield 3 and Frostbite 2 don't deliver the most impressive Battlefield moments ever - and Armored Kill looks like it will up the ante in that departement tenfold. Good good - that shit's batshit insane.

So I shall suffer in silence, as I watch this unprecedented epicness unfold, knowing well I will not enjoy it as much as I'd wish I could - nontheless... so flippin' awesome, if I didn't know better, I'd say this was the second coming of videogame jesus! Enjoy.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

Tanks Tanks Tanks Tanks

theslothking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By theslothking

This would make for a good TNT unlike Close Combat.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kermoosh

looks cool, but will probably suck on xbox due to lack of players

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

As a Pro tanker duder, I am looking forward to this.

Looks like that snow map will be good for us console guys.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Jackel2072

@TheSlothKing said:

This would make for a good TNT unlike Close Combat.

BF TNT's are always fun!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones

Glad I got my pc version I will definitely be getting this. Looks absolutely amazing!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sackmanjones

I skipped on CQ because that didn't seem like the battlefield experience I like. Can anyone confirm or deny if I made the right choice?

Thumbrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thumbrunner

Sackman you are completely correct about CQ, If you want to play BF3-CoD edition then get it but to me BF has always been about the large scale vehicle combat. My friends and I pretty much only play Conquest and havent played the CQ stuff in about 3 weeks due to its TDM sort of mentality. Again cool but not why I turn Battlefield on.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Thumbrunner Sounfs like I made the right choice. Every once in awhile I don't mind like metro or grand bazaar but those are still large maps and have a vehicle or 2. CQ just seemed like it was tryin to give the call of duty experience to battlefield 3 players and I just don't want that. I want massive destruction. Giant maps and mid air collisions!
    Thumbrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thumbrunner

/\ as I sit waiting for a cap looking around I like watching a plane crash into a friendly heli, which hits the ground next to me, explodes knocks down a building and team kills 3 of my squad mates cause they thought they where safer inside said building, which causes me to lose it laughing only to be run over by a jeep that is strapped with C4 honking its horn all the way through the map, just to watch that jeep get exploded by a tank round through the kill cam. BF3 to me in a nutshell.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Seppli

@Sackmanjones said:

@Thumbrunner Sounfs like I made the right choice. Every once in awhile I don't mind like metro or grand bazaar but those are still large maps and have a vehicle or 2. CQ just seemed like it was tryin to give the call of duty experience to battlefield 3 players and I just don't want that. I want massive destruction. Giant maps and mid air collisions!

I was quite surprised by how much I enjoy Close Quarters. It's the first time DICE actually nailed the whole CoD arena-style maps, and it's loads of straightforward fun, without all the silly and distracting and unbalancing killstreaks of CoD. Hell - the maps themselves are better than any CoD maps I've played (only played Black Ops). There's tons of microdestruction, which is a nice touch - even if it's too inconsistent to feel like a full-fledged gameplay feature, rather than a atmospheric gimmick. If you enjoy arena-style gameplay, you should get it.

It's also great for its namesake - Close Quarters combat - using weapons and gadgets and playstyles you don't really get to use effectively on most other maps. Personally, BF3 is my least favorite Battlefield game in the last 4 years - and without BF Premium, I wouldn't even be playing it anymore. Close Quarters was both a nice change of pace, and a great reason to get back into it. So as far as I'm concerned, you're missing out if you're skipping Close Quarters. Could just be me not playing CoD, and hence enjoying that style of gameplay due to lack of saturation and fatigue.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By Eribuster
    VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By VanderSEXXX

Can't wait to fly in those big maps! Definitely the kind of DLC I'd want for a Battlefield game.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Blackout62

Well as a medic sounds I will be spending a good long time hiding in ditches hoping the tanks can't see me.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Giantstalker

Couldn't be more stoked, BF3 has basically been a generation-defining game for me and it keeps getting better.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Now this, this I'll buy. Close Quarters? No thanks. Kind of sucks though since not having CQ prevented me from playing with you guys in the past.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#18  Edited By Eribuster

And they are releasing a whole she-bang edition. Nice for those that waited.

The important piece is the snippets of the last Armored Kill map. It's a night map in a forest. Looks pretty cool.

There's a tease of Aftermath that shows a bit of the ruined buildings. Looks like Close Quarters, but DICE has said there will be new vehicles for Aftermath.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.