Anybody getting long load times since the game was patched?

#1 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Since the first big patch, not the latest one, I've been getting incredibly long load times. Before the patch my load times were 5-10 seconds. Now my load times are 10-15 minutes.

PC btw.

#2 Posted by Thatamos (49 posts) -

You're not alone duder. I have no idea what's going on, but mine's doing the same crap. Sometimes it doesn't even load, or I'll have to force restart my BF3 while switching between levels.

Actually, my BF3 uninstalled itself randomly for the second time today. Wtf?

#3 Posted by big_jon (5823 posts) -

Is the patch out on 360?

#4 Edited by BawlZINmotion (714 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Yep. In addition to this, every virgin boot load of the game requires Battlefield 3 to stop working first before going stable. Other than disconnects and lag, I never had an issue. Since the first patch, mondo fucker. I sort of gave up playing since half the time trying to join a server results in the single player campaign launching instead. So now I roll with the 3 strike rule before I move on for the night.

#5 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Ye - initial loading times are hell. At least I haven't had a crash/hang-up at map changes anymore.

#6 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

I'm dreading the load times now. I thought it was slow before this patch. They'd better fix it.

#7 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@big_jon said:

Is the patch out on 360?

I would like to know this as well.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@CL60:  When the game is loading, don't keep it minimized, click on it to maximize it and it'll load faster. 
If it doesnt, Ctrl+F4 and try again. and again. It only takes 5 seconds to attempt to join a server 20 times.

I'm enduring the occasional slow load times and the occasional crashes and exe stopped working, the game is still in the works. I don't mind it, just have some patience!
#9 Posted by cav86 (87 posts) -

I noticed after the patch that it minimizes the BF3 window after joining a server, you just have to maximize it and its as fast as it was before if you do nothing it just sits in the taskbar

#10 Posted by big_jon (5823 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

@big_jon said:

Is the patch out on 360?

I would like to know this as well.

I heard the 14th.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.