Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield 3

amigocesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By amigocesar

Faced by the launch of yet another Call of Duty game and having bought the last three, I decided I wouldn't be purchasing MW3, at least not at full price. While on Black Friday shopping I took home a copy of Battlefield 3 at half price and popped it in. I got through the campaign on hard in a couple of days and enjoyed it as I would any FPS campaign; then I switched to multiplayer. Now I know I'm late to the party, but I do not understand it at all. Maybe being into games where you have to learn to play on the internet like starcraft and minecraft before actually playing has gotten the best of me; but I had to spend several hours on youtube trying to grasp the basic mechanics of BF3 multiplayer. I get killed a lot, and I can rarely ever see any enemies. The manual is like "well these are the controls... GO!" So yeah, I'm quite lost. But I'm slowly getting a hang of it, and surprised there's more to the FPS genre than gut reaction CoD deathmatches.

I'm playing Saint's Row The Third next.

amigocesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By amigocesar

Faced by the launch of yet another Call of Duty game and having bought the last three, I decided I wouldn't be purchasing MW3, at least not at full price. While on Black Friday shopping I took home a copy of Battlefield 3 at half price and popped it in. I got through the campaign on hard in a couple of days and enjoyed it as I would any FPS campaign; then I switched to multiplayer. Now I know I'm late to the party, but I do not understand it at all. Maybe being into games where you have to learn to play on the internet like starcraft and minecraft before actually playing has gotten the best of me; but I had to spend several hours on youtube trying to grasp the basic mechanics of BF3 multiplayer. I get killed a lot, and I can rarely ever see any enemies. The manual is like "well these are the controls... GO!" So yeah, I'm quite lost. But I'm slowly getting a hang of it, and surprised there's more to the FPS genre than gut reaction CoD deathmatches.

I'm playing Saint's Row The Third next.

LibertyForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LibertyForAll

Play as if it was real. It is more about tactics than twitch. Although twitch helps a lot...

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Its just a FPS with contorls similar to COD. The only thing that sshould cause issue with control-wise should be Air Vehicles and thats just practice. You can't really afford to run and gun so use cover. Pick a role and stick to it for a while (medic, engineer or support). As long as you actualy DO what your supposed to (i.e, if your a medic heal & revive people) then you should get plenty of XP and be an asset to the team. If your playing conquest CAPTURE and HOLD flags. The amount of people online that run to a flag, capture it and then wander off straight away without securing it or walk up to a flag but not close enought to capture it and instead choose to sit and watch it be taken is insane. While this is just a videogame, the lack of basic understanding of this makes me question human intelligence somtimes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.