Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield 3 Beta Invite Inside Medal Of Honor Limited Edition

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So MoH mp is just a reskinned BC2 and now we're going to get another BC2 console clone with a different numerical suffix.

Welcome back EA.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Donos said:
    " Good, hopefully this will force some proper streamlining into BF3 and make it a properly enjoyable, modern game.   And to all the PC gamers screaming in rage at the death of their beloved-so-much-they-decided-to-pirate-it,series of games, calm yourselves. There's a difference between dumbing down and streamlining. The fact that this game must actually have some economy to its control scheme in no way makes it a worse game.  And can someone explain to me why exactly a console game must be any less "epic" than a PC game? It's not hardware specs, given that the PC specs can only be so high before they alienate a large part of the already small PC market. "
    Oh dear, where do I begin with you? First off, assuming that all PC users are pirates is extremely narrow-minded. Second, the reason console games can't be as "epic" due to hardware limitations in most cases. All you need to do is look at MAG. MAG is by no means a bad looking or playing game with the massive playercount, it just had to take something of a graphics and engine capabilities hit. The main issue is that by porting a console game to a PC, you lose a lot of what makes PC gaming unique.
    EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By EvolutionX0

Are people still whining about this?! OK.. EA made the decision probably because on how successful Bad Company has been on consoles.  Face it, consoles is the way to go for most people..so why the hell would they want to throw that opportunity away just because a few thousand PC gamers are bitching about it.

So keep whining and groaning on this topic because to be honest I don't think they give a shit. I love PC games, and I have all the battlefield games on the PC but all this fanboy nonsense is pretty stupid.  

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By ltcoljaxson

This article should have went through another editing process.

He says "...meaning that Battlefield 3 is probably coming to consoles as well as the PC" and then it is confirmed that beta invites are going to all the consoles and PC later in the article. There is no need for assumptions when the fact is already there.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Th3_James

I will be getting this for PC. Flying jets under bridges......oh BF2 how I miss you. 

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#156  Edited By gamb1t
    @Rox360:  the thousands compared to how many copies sold of bf2??? (and i doubt it was consistant cause himachi is NEVER consistent (very low user base)
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Donos
    @President_Barackbar:  To be fair, I think MAG was bad because of failings in the game's design, rather than technical limitations. Something with cramming far too many players into far too few roles and spaces, running around at super speed with paintball guns.

So back to the real question here, of what exactly is being lost by putting the game on consoles? In my experience, the things that make PC FPSes "unique" are very few and far between.
    Krrutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Krrutch

wonder if we'll see the return of friendly fire always toggled on like in bf2.
     the more annoying recon players to C4 [who are too busy focusing on padding their k/d ratio] the better.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#159  Edited By RobbieMac
    @Th3_James said:
    " I will be getting this for PC. Flying jets under bridges......oh BF2 how I miss you.  "
    God don't remind me!  I loved the dogfights in that game, I cannot wait!
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Donos:  But it's those "few things" that make PC gaming special: large player counts, dedicated servers, optimization and customization, modability, stuff like that.
    Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#161  Edited By Trilogy
    @Vash108 said:
    " @Trilogy said:
    " @empfeix said:

A PC game exclusive on a large scale was just released....not only that but it will outsell almost all console games even multiplatform ones.  Kind of a bad time to throw this tired argument out there. "

That pc exclusive you're referring to is an rts. It's genre that belongs on the pc due to technical limitations on cosoles. That's not really an issue with fps games. All I'm saying is that rts and fps isn't a good comparison in this situation. "
    Even when FPS games are ported it never will be what a PC exclusive will. Thanks for the non-dedicated servers Activision... I love playing my PC like an Xbox. "

I doubt dice will do the same thing activision did. Lets hope anyway.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Donos
    @President_Barackbar: Then it sounds like the issues with a BF3 on console aren't with the game itself, but the game's wrapper features (aside from player count, but that's a moot point since DICE has already shown a willingness to raise player caps on PC versions).

Anyways, because these are wrapper features not integral to the game itself, I don't see why the creation of a console version of BF3 would take them away from the PC version. Bad Company 2 has a server browser and higher player caps on PC, and I'm not going to say it cannot be modded.
    lizcav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#163  Edited By lizcav
    @MrKlorox said:
    " Nooooo! If BF3 is gimped to for a multiplatform release I will be saying my final goodbyes to the franchise.  Secondly I will not be picking up a copy of Medal of Honor, period. I will find some other way into the Beta... unless it's not a PC exclusive like I already said.  As far as I'm concerned 2142 is the true sequel to BF2. "
    2142 was a good game. However it died far to quickly. I'm afraid that the same thing will happen to BF3 as the "Battlefield franchise" is so saturated as it is (and plus loads of people still play BF2).
    DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#164  Edited By DavidSnakes

Take a drink every time you read "proper"

IndieBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#165  Edited By IndieBoy

YES!!!

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Gruff182

Uh oh.. Multiplatform BF3, this could go bad. I really hope they build this for the PC then port and water, what they have too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gruff182 said:

" Uh oh.. Multiplatform BF3, this could go bad. I really hope they build this for the PC then port and water, what they have too. "

Agreed that's the only way BF3 will have even a change to be better then BF2, i also hope they don't have regenerated health i don't want want that Noob shit in there bring back the health bars also ,other things to have.

1.64 size maps or even bigger.
    2.Commander.
    3.Jets.
    4.More destruction 2.0 should be able to blow up huge buildings, not just those small houses like in bfbc2.
     5. commo rose 
     6. Aircraft carriers. 
     7.Bring back 6 player squads and be only to be able to spawn on the leader.
    8.  battlefield recorder.
    9.Make  vehicles useful not like bfbc2.
    10.Make weapon unlocks feel important like in bf2 in bfbc2 they where to easy to get.
     I could go on forever.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By fjordson

Damn, I haven't played Battlefield 2 in so long. What an amazing game.

A 360 version of BF 3 would be great, although I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem convincing myself to upgrade my PC whenever it comes out.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#169  Edited By poser

This was the last straw....

The FPS is dead. 

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#170  Edited By FireBurger
    @poser said:
    " This was the last straw....

The FPS is dead.  "
    Maybe wait and see before making overly dramatic statements...
    rox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By rox360
    @gamb1t said:
    " @Rox360:  the thousands compared to how many copies sold of bf2??? (and i doubt it was consistant cause himachi is NEVER consistent (very low user base) "
    Not a significant number at all. Piracy never really is, it would seem. But you said online game piracy doesn't happen, which is false.
    Destroyeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Destroyeron

God I miss BF2.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#173  Edited By poser

I just wish somebody in corporate America would make decisions to ensure the quality of the product.... instead of exclusively seeking out maximum profits.    

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Bionicicide
    @poser said:

" I just wish somebody in corporate America would make decisions to ensure the quality of the product.... instead of exclusively seeking out maximum profits.     "

Don't be so dramatic. Next to nothing is known about Bf3.
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By RobbieMac
    @JEC03:  Oh commanding how I miss you.  Nothing was more satisfying than seeing 5+ names pop up after you drop an artillery strike on a flag.
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By RandomHero666

I have never understood elitist pc gamers. 

Don't you guys understand that more people own consoles.. than Computers capable of playing games like Battlefield?
    I've played most Previous Battlefield games, and I know they are better on PC, but I refuse to pay a Grand for a computer that will play new games for a few months, when I can pay much less for a Console that can play every single game available for it.

IgakuKusuri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By IgakuKusuri
    @Binman88 said:

" I really wish BF2 had native widescreen support - I would reinstall it today if that were the case. I miss infantry matches on Karkand and Jalalabad, piloting the Havok and raping the HQ on Sharqi Peninsula, and late night jet battles over the Daqing oilfields. :( "

It does now, since the 1.5 patch.  

@RandomHero666 said:

" I have never understood elitist pc gamers.  Don't you guys understand that more people own consoles.. than Computers capable of playing games like Battlefield? I've played most Previous Battlefield games, and I know they are better on PC, but I refuse to pay a Grand for a computer that will play new games for a few months, when I can pay much less for a Console that can play every single game available for it. "

As someone who is neither a PC elitist or Console fanboy I'll tell you this: let those that can only buy consoles have their dumbed-down and hardware-limited versions, as long as it doesn't interfere with the freedom and quality that is expected on the PC counterpart. I think that's easy to understand. Many PC gamers are worried, and rightly so, that BF3 won't have special treatment  on the PC if it's multiplatform. We expect 64 players, tons of vehicles, detailed HUDs etc. We expect it because it's what we're used to have on PC games. Still hoping they develop it first for PC, then dumb it down for consoles, instead of developing first for consoles and then porting the dumbed-down (or semi-dumbed-down) version to PC.
    Avatar image for creativecolossi
    CreativeColossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By CreativeColossi
    @RandomHero666: You're naive. I payed 500 dollars for my PC a year and a half ago, the same PC that plays Bad Company 2 on high settings and Starcraft 2 on high, all you console people whining about spending a grand, grow up and do a little research.
    admordem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#179  Edited By admordem
    @CreativeColossi:  I built my pc 2 years ago, cost 1k for the box, and i used my 32inch lcd hdtv for a monitor until just recently when i got a 24inch hd monitor for $350, and stuck an old 20 inch on my desk for extended desktop.  Peripherals and OS was about $500. I haven't had a game I couldn't run at max yet, including the ones you mentioned.

While my figures are in Aussie dollars: 

1k for the box, no OS, keyboard, mouse, headphones, mic, camera, speakers or monitor. It could be argued that you need to have purchased a tv and some of those peripherals for your console, but realistically you need much more for the PC.  People generally have a TV (and therefore some kind of audio set up) already, and likely a HDTV by now; with a PC they mightn't even have a monitor, and quite unlikely a HD monitor. The sound, keyboard and mouse solutions are extra costs you need to consider, as well as the OS even if you do happen to have a spare decent monitor already. 

Also, while I'm a PC gamer at heart, the last 5 PC games I have purchased have all had issues and taken me hours to get working - compared to the experience on my consoles where i just stick the disk in and press the Go button.

Both of these are legitimate complaints, and while there are reasons why things are that way, I cant understand why you are so defensive about these issues. PC gaming does need improvement and more accessibility. I think you are letting your love for the platform blind you from the true costs of PC gaming.
    EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By EdenProxy

Multiplatform = more money for devs 

lacke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By lacke

Many posters have stated this already but I'll say this again. Please try to understand that the BC game is not the same as the BF gameplay and that's why many posters are upset about BF3 going multi platform. The BC maps are more confined, the scale isn't the same and there aren't as many vehicles. BF2 and 2142 had 3 different sizes (16, 32, 64) for the same map (not for all maps though) and the BC gameplay is comparable the 16 player map experience, in my opinion.

Why BC2 is released on PC is probably because PC gamers felt left out when BC was console exclusive and they haven't released any BF game on PC since 2142 (2006), not counting Heroes. 

They haven't said anything yet but I'll join in with the choir singing.. if BF3 is really just BC3 then I'm really disappointed. If is a true sequel to BF2/2142 then I'm really stoked and I'll pre-order it as soon as possible (and then cancel my pre-order and pre-order it on Steam when it's available.)

SPiTL3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By SPiTL3R

I hope it has all the classes that BF2 has + the amazing parachute

Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Titl

Hmm, i don't think i will be picking up MoH, put this offer sure makes it tempting

Lost_In_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Lost_In_Gaming

Ummm? YES! BF3!

reverendericd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By reverendericd

it's very simple.......DICE is making more money with Bad Company 2 (because it's multi-platform) than they did with Battlefield 2.  I would be SHOCKED if BF2 didn't come out on consoles.  It's the way it is nowadays, and PC players will always have bigger battles than console, but that doesn't mean console players should be locked out.  Spread the love DICE!!!

arcade78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By arcade78

Ive only really played BFBC... I'll deffo wanna try this when its out :D

Kevitte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Kevitte

Never gotten into Battlefield, maybe I'll try getting into Battlefield 2, all I have heard is universal praise, but Medal of Honor doesn't interest me enough for me to purchase the limited edition, standard edition maybe.

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#188  Edited By maa4208

I am probably going to get this game either way, but I may preorder it now. Its my prerogative.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By dbz1995

Still won't make me buy the limited edition of MOH.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#190  Edited By mikemcn

Any news about BF 3 is good news.

ShowMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ShowMeister

Makes me wonder why anyone plays beta anyway

Bhouse563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#192  Edited By Bhouse563

I never played Battlefield 2 but I would be willing to take a stab at the Beta for 3, MOH is a no buy for me though.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better not dissapoint.

DjTann3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By DjTann3r

what the what?

Zinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Zinc

Yay for BF3, but I still don't know how I feel about Medal of Honor yet.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#196  Edited By citizenkane

I hope that there will be other ways to get into the Beta than buying the new Medal of Honor game.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Dixego

As if we didn't have enough FPS...

SUPERSTEFF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By SUPERSTEFF1

Ugh, now I have to consider actually gettin MoH.

ertdaemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By ertdaemon

I'm so excited for Battlefield 3 - I absolutely loved BF" (esp infantry only on Jalalabad and Karkland!)

Avatar image for feelthefunkness
    FeelTheFunkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By FeelTheFunkness

So with Battlefield 3, is there more vehicles and a larger player count then the Bad Company games?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.