Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield 3 Depot for Beginners

• 74 results
    SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SpencerTucksen

@Lnin0 said:

Deaths matter. Battlefield Rush and Conquest modes are not a lone wolf affairs. Every time you die it ticks away at your team counter and when that counter hits zero its game over. Don't be stupid and waste life after life running into the same gauntlet of enemy fire. You don't have to hide in a ditch the entire game, just play smart like your life matters because in this game it does.

The only time deaths do not matter is if you are the defending team on Rush. You have unlimited lives so go at the enemy hard because the attacking team does have limited lives.

If the attackers do manage to capture a base don't be afraid to let them kill you so you can quickly respawn at the forward base.

Always join a squad and spawn on your squad to get closer to the action quicker. Two, three and four players work better in this game. Conversely, if you are alone and see all your squad is dead hold up for a few seconds in a safe area and allow them to spawn on you. You will be rewarded for it.

Cycle through and watch the camera to make sure it is safe to spawn.

As said by many always be spotting, Capturing. Healing. Resupplying. Repairing. You gain points for all of this.

mines > vehicles and often overlooked by inexperienced drivers. Great way to rack up quick multiple kills.

gravity exist in this game. bullets drop. aim high.

the best way to avoid being shot from cover is to blow up cover

don't abandon vehicles - damaged or otherwise. since engineers can repair stuff leaving a smoking tank is like gifting the enemy a new tank. you should leave a vehicle only when it blows up.

The mines are great, but don't you have to sacrifice your repair torch? Touch decision for me.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @SpencerTucksen:  Aight apparently you're lazy and this thread is rather important, do you want me to do your work for you? gathering the tips and organizing them?
    Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By Xeiphyer

- ALWAYS be in a squad. They act as mobile spawn locations and you get bonus points for interacting with them (Giving ammo, healing, etc).

- Keep an eye on the location of your squad mates, if you are deep in enemy territory, sometimes its better to wait a few seconds so your squad can spawn on you before you rush in and get picked off. Going from 1 man behind enemy lines to 4 can be a huge deal. 

- If you are in a shootout with somebody and you run out of ammo in your clip, switch to your pistol and finish him off. Using your pistol is always better than trying to reload in front of an enemy.

- When you equip a Tactical Light or Laser Sight, remember that they produce light or a laser off your weapon constantly, this makes you an easy target in the wrong situations. Turn it on and off using the Dpad!   ALSO: That tactical light is very bright, don't aim at teammates because its blinding them and being very annoying. Try to get into the habit of toggling it and being respectful to your team.

- Don't be afraid to switch classes if there is a pesky tank that nobody seems to be dealing with. You might not be as good or like the engineer class as much as your favourite, but taking that tank out is going to get you a ton of points and help out the team. Plus you are leveling up another class and making yourself a better, more well rounded player and teammate. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By CL60

Processing (Expected Clearing Date: Nov 2, 2011)

I hate you paypal.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By JOURN3Y

my tips:

Always aim at the back of a tank with a rocket. This will disable it in one shot. Rockets also do more damage from the side and back.

If you don't want to repair, at least put down mines. Mines will net you easy points and a easy way to defend objectives from pesky tanks. Also use them on intersections and high traffic areas.

If you are trying to take down an airplane, have a buddy AA with you. One rocket will get deflected but the second one will almost always hit. TEAMWORK!

Tanks are bad at maneuvering, so don't drive them to places where they will be slowed down or tight corners. Use your tank to take objectives on the outside, i.e. Caspian Boarder, objectives A, B, and E. Your tank will reach these points faster, while your infantry can focus on C and D.

Even if your aim sucks (like mine), lay down suppressive fire. Its the best feature in this game and use it well. Accuracy can suck it.

Its best to move in a group, strength in numbers.

Fill in roles that are needed. A squad of all Engineers? Switch to Support to give them more rockets!

Always be spotting!

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Contro

@TheKeyboardDemon said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Contro: Are you gonna add our tips to the OP anytime soon.. ?

That would be cool, or maybe make a wiki for tips and tricks etc....

I'm guessing you meant SpencerTucksen since he's the OP, not me.

All tips are undoubtedly better off in one concise post, nobody's going to want to skim through countless pages finding the odd tip that applies to their class : /

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SpencerTucksen

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SpencerTucksen: Aight apparently you're lazy and this thread is rather important, do you want me to do your work for you? gathering the tips and organizing them?

Dude...I was busy and didn't have time to handle it then. I apologize if the other shit I have to do is bothersome, but I have a career I've been working on as well as an absurd amount of schoolwork...and of course, Battlefield 3. I'll do it in a minute. By the way, that was NOT sarcasm, the apology. It was only 12 hours that I didn't update it. So please don't make assumptions about my being lazy after not even half of a day. And somewhat ironically, as someone who makes a living as a journalist, I have no clue how to make the dots in the outline. So, yeah.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By hoossy

I'm not a huge fan of the medipack/ammo switcharoo they did. So if you are the Support class... drop yo ammo around! Pay attention if someone is calling for some,

like me!

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    @Contro said:

@TheKeyboardDemon said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

All tips are undoubtedly better off in one concise post, nobody's going to want to skim through countless pages finding the odd tip that applies to their class : /

He totally meant me. Lol, I just don't get notifications unless people reply directly to ME. Not just the forum post in general. If I did, I'd get like 100 notifications a day.
    SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    @hoossy said:

I'm not a huge fan of the medipack/ammo switcharoo they did. So if you are the Support class... drop yo ammo around! Pay attention if someone is calling for some,

like me!

I don't think it's too bad. It basically made the assault and medic classes the same thing they were before but with essentially reversed "packs" (ammo and health) and names.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Contro said:

@TheKeyboardDemon said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Haha, my bad 

@SpencerTucksen:  Dude don't take my comment personally about being lazy :) I was rather kidding. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By mfpantst

New pro-tip: Unlock mortars, use them on the tightest maps.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @Contro said:

@TheKeyboardDemon said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Haha, my bad 

@SpencerTucksen:  Dude don't take my comment personally about being lazy :) I was rather kidding. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.
    I didn't really. I was just saying in case you were. :) But hey, I updated! Lol
    SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    @mfpantst said:

New pro-tip: Unlock mortars, use them on the tightest maps.

It's a good idea, but I don't know on that one. I'd need to see it in action. Lol
    Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I have a question about resupplying ammo, do you guys know when you are getting an ammo/health refresh due to an ammo/health pack having been dropped near you?

Also, can we get this thread stickied please?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By MikkaQ

To the medics who don't heal, you are all crazy people. It counts the same as a kill, and you save your team tickets. It's like.. the most important thing you can do short of capping the objective.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

Thanks for the tips, getting my PC copy today.

dumbasrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By dumbasrocks

Recon:

Consider the map when choosing accessories for your sniper rifle. Large, open map? Go with the ballistic (x12) scope if you have it. Small, close-quarters maps, consider using less than x7 scopes - you'll avoid giving off the "scope glint" - also consider using the tac light if you want to get up closer to front lines.

Re: "scope glint", any scope x7 or higher gives it off when you actively sight. Its directional, so don't scan one area too long, or risk tipping off enemies.

When using x7 of higher scopes, you can hold your breath to steady aim by holding "SHIFT".

Use the "T-UGS" prox-detector offensively - you get an added bonus for killing enemies detected by this unlock. Drop it where you think the enemy will be, move far away (you get distance bonus on headshots) and rack up bonus xp.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By TheHBK

Tip for Vehicles: Remember to scream when you are piloting that mess into the ground!

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

More of a safety precaution than a tip but just check the rank of the pilot before you decide to get in that chopper. You could end up spiralling to you death. Can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. Have decided no more under rank 10 air travel.

primalmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By primalmaster

It drives me insane how little people bother reviving team members. not only does it give you a shit ton of points it'll make your life so much easier especialy if you are defending.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By Lnin0

Don't expect a guy to revive you if you are dumb and jump into the middle of a bunch of crossfire. If your body cannot be safely reached then there is no point in the medic getting killed trying to reach you.

Anyone have any details on the Conquest Icons..you know those large icons that obscure a good portion of your view. Anyway. I get the basic premiss behind them and can tell when they are captured or being captured. What is the difference between square and circle and why, after captured, do they continue to stay center screen counting up?

tineyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By tineyoghurt

Please spot helicopters and planes even if you are on the ground! It is some times pretty hard to see planes when in the air, so that red triangle helps a lot.

Also, I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet: "Shoot that guy!". After you spot him, that is.

Spooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Spooks

Does anyone know how many kills I need with the M320 to get smoke grenades?

Edit: never mind just got it. You need 20 kills

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.