Battlefield 3 Gamenights & Community Wars!

#1 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Hey everyone.  
Up until now, my entire work (with the help of server co-owner Rolyatckinmai) has been about organizing the community, listing names and IDs, creating groups and platoons for everyone to join, and most importantly, maintaining, admining and updating our two Giant Bomb Conquest 64 servers.  

Now that the servers are stable and up to date, new admins were assigned and I finally have the game, we're all set to let the shenanigans ensue!   
P.S. I am now available on Battlelog

The Events

Bombing Runs:

Every Tuesday and Friday
  • 8 pm UTC (UK) for the European players on the UK server 
  • 6:30 Pacific for the North American players on the US server

Community Wars (NA vs. EU players):

Every Sunday, we will get together on one of the two servers to have an all out 64-player war, North American versus European players!

Schedule & Message Center:

This here is the section that you can check whenever you need to see the scheduled events and the latest news. I will keep it up to date at all times.  

**Message Box**  
The latest server/bombing run news/announcements that I need to share with the community will be typed in the box below

**Game Schedule** 
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GBBF3G/announcements/detail/1045064401366071294 
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GBBF3G/events

Voice Chat:

We have our very own Giant Bomb Mumble server. Jump on and talk to others as you kill them/kill with them!
  • IP = ny.eoreality.net    
  •  Port = 64747
Download Mumble here 

Top Players

*Winner: [TBA] 

Full Gametracker.com list here:  GB/Tested 64 #chan /  GB Conquest 64 UK
Player IDSpotServerScoreTime Played
Darksaw1.GB Conquest 64 UK 1016 17.62 hr
Bishna1.GB/Tested 64 #chan 2616 61.83 hr
XyberDeath2.GB Conquest 64 UK 911 21.32 hr
Cdude95902.GB/Tested 64 #chan 1858 50.13 hr
Alexw00d3.GB Conquest 64 UK 540 28.98 hr
Mageknight123.GB/Tested 64 #chan   1571 53.27 hr
Gink004.GB Conquest 64 UK 512 15.78 hr
Crypt1354.GB/Tested 64 #chan  1500 42.53 hr
Chavtheworld5.GB Conquest 64 UK 495 17.15 hr
Sivellis5.GB/Tested 64 #chan  1445 34.43 hr

The two top persons who makes the most points in the first two hours of the bombing runs of a given week and month, get the Player of The Week and Player of The Month award spot on the Steam group 's homepage! 
*Winners: [TBA]   

#2 Posted by Scooopex (43 posts) -

Nice work! And great that you finally got the game:D

Now I just got to finish Skyrim so I can focus more on BF3 again.

#3 Posted by roughneck117 (191 posts) -

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, the GB BF group lives. Goddamned Skyrim and its nongunshootingness. That game doesnt even have guns. Hope to see more people online and take part in more deep discussions about the humanity and the cosmos and shit.

#4 Posted by Butano (1738 posts) -

Nice! Those nights are perfect! Glad we have a schedule now so that I don't feel terrible for wanting to play Skyrim and not BF3.

#5 Edited by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

Yea Skyrim came at the wrong time I'd like to get back to BF3 asap. Good work.

#6 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

I am not listed in Top players, your charts are all wrong.

#7 Edited by Swoxx (3000 posts) -

The community wars are gonna be great, Might i Suggest that everyone who is going to participate changes their clantag for this event to either EU or NA beforehand so it's easier to get everyone on the right team.

#8 Posted by Herocide (441 posts) -
@Swoxx said:

The community wars are gonna be great, Might i Suggest that everyone who is going to participate changes their clantag for this event to either EU or NA beforehand so it's easier to get everyone on the right team.

Yeah, this would probably help divert a whole lot of confusion. That being said, I'm looking forward to the community wars and having some people back in Battlefield.
#9 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

And she rises again!  w000!  Fully looking forward to fully kicking your European asses this Saturday.  And yes, that was a full-on Bill and Ted reference.

#10 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

So, are the NA players going to play as US and the EU players playing as the Russians?

#11 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@FrankCanada97: I hope so!
#12 Posted by Christoffer (1823 posts) -

Great job. I'll try my best to join in the fun.

#13 Posted by ze_ro (181 posts) -

Nyce, now I just need a new pc so I could actually play the game.

#14 Posted by Darksaw (315 posts) -

Top player, woo!

Looking forward to all the games.

#15 Posted by Bollard (5555 posts) -

Too much Skyrim!

#16 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Great! Been itching for some more BF3 for a while now. This should re-focus our little community.

Thanks for your hard work arranging this Ahmad! 

#17 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

This is awesome! I won't be able to participate in the EU vs NA thingy though as it is way too late for me having work the next morning, but good luck my EU brethren.

#18 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@AlexW00d said:

This is awesome! I won't be able to participate in the EU vs NA thingy though as it is way too late for me having work the next morning, but good luck my EU brethren.

They're gonna need it.
#19 Posted by TIEfighter77 (80 posts) -

Nice. Have all these on my calendar now.

#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Swoxx said:

That's a great idea. GBNA / GBEU. I'll get on it! 

@AlexW00d said:

You work on a sunday morning? And even if you do, you can't stay up until 12:30 one night a week? Come on!
#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

If you want to participate in tonight's Community War (13 hrs 30 mins), change your clantag (temporarily) to either GBNA (Canada, US, South America) or GBEU (rest of the world!) 

#22 Posted by Xyber (292 posts) -

Damn, must play some more on the US server, then I will be in the top 10 on both of them! *Mohahaha!*

I will be joining the community war tonight, prepare your stingers!

#23 Posted by Cdude9590 (55 posts) -

Gunnin' for that #1 spot.

#24 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

1 hour 30 until we teach the US how to wage war - WE AINT LOSING ON OUR HOME TURF DAWGS!!

#25 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Was quite fun when it started out, but team balance gone right out of the window after one side lost most rounds by a small margin. The population obvioulsy followed suite.

#26 Posted by gpbmike (864 posts) -

Sooooo. Who won?

#27 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

@gpbmike said:

Sooooo. Who won?

EU.

#28 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

@gpbmike: decidedly it was the euros.

#29 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

Where there even enough people to play? The counter on "gametracker" for the NA server still shows that there haven't been more than about six or eight people on the server ever since 11/11/11.

#30 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

@Branthog: yeah it got into the 40's or so for about 90 minutes

#31 Edited by Xyber (292 posts) -

Woho, just saw that I passed Darksaw on the UK server during the community war. Let's celebrate this with cake!

The cake is a lie, it would be too expensive to ship a piece of cake to all of you guys. Well, maybe not Swoxx, but he doesn't count.
#32 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Jesus I can't seem to get a fucking break!  
First the game takes two weeks to arrive, then when it arrives my 22'' monitor fries and I'm using an 18'' one, now the game crashes every 10 minutes, and when it goes without crashing (because of the fixes I applied that sometimes work), my INTERNET DISCONNECTS SPORADICALLY because apparently my phone line got recently fucked.

Fuck this, really, it's like someone up above doesn't want me to fucking play the game. 

@Seppli said:

Was quite fun when it started out, but team balance gone right out of the window after one side lost most rounds by a small margin. The population obvioulsy followed suite.

The most EU had over US was 3 players. I kept an eye on the teams and kept them fairly balanced.. 'cept for when my internet decided to go out for 20 minutes and I had no way to see or do anything.   
So when did the balance go out the window? Did the teams go 30 vs 10 while my net was down or something?

Fuck I didn't even play well/long enough or get to see who made the most points because of all the disconnections, which is why the War Champion award will remain empty this week :/ 

@Branthog said:
Where there even enough people to play? The counter on "gametracker" for the NA server still shows that there haven't been more than about six or eight people on the server ever since 11/11/11.
The war match was on the UK server
#33 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic:

Somewhere between Seine Crossing and Demanvand Peak teams were no longer competitively matched. The server emptied out quickly enough.

#34 Posted by Swoxx (3000 posts) -

@mfpantst said:

@AlexW00d said:

They're gonna need it.

Guess we didn't!

#35 Posted by Xyber (292 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Do you have any sort of overclock on your graphics card? I've read about a lot of people that have factory overclocked cards that isn't stable in BF3 so they had to either underclock it to stock speed or up the Voltage some. And some Nvidia cards have a new BIOS that fixes some crashes in BF3, just check the website for the brand you have.

#36 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Xyber said:

@AhmadMetallic: Do you have any sort of overclock on your graphics card? I've read about a lot of people that have factory overclocked cards that isn't stable in BF3 so they had to either underclock it to stock speed or up the Voltage some. And some Nvidia cards have a new BIOS that fixes some crashes in BF3, just check the website for the brand you have.

my 570's BIOS is up to date and it's not overclocked.. 
#37 Posted by Xyber (292 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Well, my game has started crashing quite a lot lately. But it pretty much only happens when I'm joining a game. First time it crashes roughly 10-15 seconds after I press join game, second time it just dies for no reason at all and if I'm unlucky it freezes just before the loadout screen. After those crashes I can usually play without any problem. I hope they can find the problem soon.

#38 Posted by Rudy (125 posts) -

Thanks for keeping this up! I've been on a vacation in Skyrim, but I'm looking to get back into some BF3 entertainment! Gotta get ready for Wake Island!!

Thanks to all the dedicated GiantBomb & Tested community members!

#39 Posted by Crypt135 (68 posts) -

@tekmojo said:

Yea Skyrim came at the wrong time I'd like to get back to BF3 asap. Good work.

^ this.

Also, surprised to see I'm in the top 5 O.o

#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.