Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield 3 is shaping up to be a total joke

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#451  Edited By TheHT

This probably isn't the right place to post this but the more I play BC2 and the more I read things like I'm reading in this thread, the more I really miss the sheer joy of playing BF1942 way back when.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#452  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @withateethuh said:
    Everything has to be as complicated as possible. Anything streamlined is automatically bad. Etc.
    wat? no! I have a medical condition that disallows me to enjoy overcomplicated video games (it's called.. erm.. i'm not good at making up funny medical names) 
    So i assure you, if this game goes full-blown sim, i'm the first to leave.. screw complications, i'm here to have fun, but not cheap fun 

@Tim_the_Corsair said:
    HYPERBOLE
    I really am, believe me, it makes your life harder. But not when it comes to Battlefield :) trust me on that. 

@HandsomeDevil said:

Sick MS Paint skills duder. 

Thanks, but i'm not nearly that skilled.. I borrowed it from an EAUK forum thread 

Game isn't even out yet. Save your complaining energy for when the game is out.

Read my reply to Ping5000 

@TheHT said:
    This probably isn't the right place to post this but the more I play BC2 and the more I read things like I'm reading in this thread, the more I really miss the sheer joy of playing BF1942 way back when.
    Amen.. that sheer joy where you welcome the new players, the new system, and have an open mind for innovation and changes (do you?), however you still need a certain taste in the game in order to have that joy and keep the memories 

I really doubt that Battlefield 3 will have the impact BF2/1942 had, or their longevity (lol BC3 2012) or be as memorable as they are. And that says alot ..
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#453  Edited By subject2change

The Alpha feels insanely close to BC2. I am just glad it runs at 30 FPS. I'll pick it up and end up stop playing after a few short months.

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#454  Edited By Ping5000
    @Ahmad_Metallic:  When you can't spawn on your squad leader and the squad leader can't spawn on you, the value of a squad leader is lost, and I know you didn't mention any of that in my complaints. I'm bringing these issues to show you just how incomplete the alpha is. I've been playing for the past week and it's seriously an unfinished build through and through. So, the alpha argument applies. I don't think you get how barebones this alpha trial is. There isn't even a socializing button, like BC2 has. None of the teamplay points seem to be functioning or activating at all. Once they kick in, trust me, people will do them. BC2 has proven that. The ribbon list on the Battlelog does include rewards for disabling vehicles, resupplying, maintaining vehicles, etc. A little less than half of it is dedicated to teamwork actions. If you don't think that's enough, then we'll have to agree to disagree. 

I thought BC2 received a surprising amount of support, with swaths of balance and bug fixes. Yes, absolutely, some of the patches created new bugs, but so has pretty much every single DICE patch ever. Point is, it got preferential treatment. You're obviously not going to be swayed by anything, even when a DICE developer has said on his on Twitter that everything is still being worked on, so I'm just going to eat a sandwich.

I bring those tweets up not to address those specific gameplay elements, but that the game is being worked on. Unless you have actual proof that shows how the close the alpha is to beta/final game, I'd be glad to read them. Anything. You don't know what build this alpha trial is, you don't how much progress they've made since then and you're telling us that we've all been duped. 

Yes, you are blowing my mind. I don't understand how anyone could jump to such conclusions based on a build that we have no idea when it was finished and ready for testing.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @roughneck117:  Most of my replies to you (about the game being in alpha state) are in my reply to @Ping5000, so read that then proceed (:  

So, the sniper video you put up as a fuckup. Good. Fuck those snipey motherfuckers. We all knew that snipers were going to be a problem in this game with the ability to go prone. 

Actually i disagree. You are applying the gameplay issues of BC2 (snipers on tight infantry maps with only 16 players per team) to BF3 (snipers on a game that's supposed to have big sandboxy vehicular warfare maps with 64 players), which is wrong, but here's the funny thing, DICE are also approaching the problems of BC2 in BF3 which is yet another proof that the gameplay will be strikingly similar.
    Let me explain: Were snipers a problem in BF2? no. The only problem was their claymores that needed nerfing and balancing, but having 8 out of 32 people (on each team) be snipers, lying down/camping somewhere on the infinite feeling maps, was NEVER a problem. they were a minority and running into them was a treat (you got to ass knife them), whereas BC2 has smaller maps and you ran into the snipers (or their line of fire) a lot, only 16 players per team which breaks the gameplay if half of them are snipers.  
    in BF2 only 24/7 snipers were annoying (mostly the claymores), but sniping was actually COOL as an alternative to the actiony appraoch, and no one actually hated snipers.
    Yet DICE are approaching snipers based on the BC2 experience, not the BF2 experience. what the fuck does that tell you about BF3's gameplay? meat grinders, chokepoints and SOMEHOW snipers are gonna be an issue on big conquest maps (hint: they're gonna be linear with aligned-flags, just like BC2 conquest but bigger, which makes my stomach turn)   

and it kind of makes sense that it would be more promenint in the dark since its light reflecting, since its, you know, dark. Thats where we need it to appear. 

It makes sense for the sun to reflect against a rifle's scope even though it can't reach it? since, you know, you're underground when it's dark. 

Hopefully they implement somekind of a killcam or something so I know the general direction of the shooter, but thats just me. 

Again, this game is not supposed to have BC2's sniper issue, so you shouldn't think they're gonna be such a problem. Then again like i said, DICE themselves are treating them as a problem, hence my belief that the gameplay will be all BC2-ish :/ 

Theres so much shit going on that if you are looking around, theres going to be someone whos looking at you, and shooting at you.

You have no problem with that? The fact that on a big map, if you stop moving for one second, just to mess around or hump your APC or go behind a warehouse or whatever the fuck random thing we used to in BF2, there's a chance you'll drop dead before you get to have your arbitrary fun?  
    That is a huge problem for me. The sandbox feel is fucking essential and i shouldn't be under someone's crosshair 24/7 

The 3d spotting. You say that its unfair because it at big HEY LOOK HERE, SHOOT HERE FOR KILLS symbol. So I tried it, everytime I saw a red triangle I aimed at it and shot at it. I even tried it with a sniper rifle, which has a scope on it. Want to know how many kills I got?? None, zero, zilch, nada. 

Well buddy i'm sorry you're sucking at the alpha ;p but i linked to two different videos consisting of kill-harvesting based on triangle shooting, and I also said that i myself once got 5 kills in a row shooting at flying triangles.. so it does happen, and is very easy, dude  

To be honest, I like the spot system. It adds a layer of teamwork that didnt exist in BF2. Sure I could pull up my Comm rose, and say "Theres a tank here dudes, someone should shoot it", but unless you kept looking at the mini map constantly, you had no idea where the tank was, or where anything else was. Hell, even if I could voice chat the location of the vehicle in the game, it wouldnt have mattered, because there would be no way for me to point out the direction of the tank.

IMO your logic is faulty. the fact that you want an indicator telling your teammates EXACTLY where the enemy is located is plain absurd. seeing an icon indicating their location in the world is unacceptable man! 
    And you're making 2D spotting sound way more frustrating that it is. Once you get used to the game, you start finding the mini-map indicator extremely easy to read and predict the enemy's location in the world, and all you have to do is USE YOUR EYES to find them and shoot at them. 

Comm rose, well that is useless now. We have voice chat, anything that I need to say, Im going to say it. Im going to push a button and say it out loud. And even if the rose was avaliable, I would still say it, because its much more clearer, and I have more options in terms of what I want to say.

The problem with that particular argument is that you're approaching the subject as a theory, and not applying your approach to the gameplay in REAL TIME. No, you're wrong, telling me on ventrilo where you see an enemy or what you need is not NEARLY as quick, clear and efficient as being in-game immersed in the world and hearing a clear and loud voice say/request/order something, with a neat subtitle showing what you said on screen, and seeing the person who talked/made the request light up on the minimap and have a flashing icon on their head indicating what they need.
    I played BF2 with a big clan for years, we were all good net pals and had long conversations on ventrilo, yet we ALL preferred using the quick comm system because it took our communication speed and efficiency to a whole new level. Think of the real-time gameplay, and not the concept of communication with other people. 

To end this, Im going to talk about points. *snip snip snip*

Bro, look at the wiki, i already have all the XP points listed in detail. And based on them, The shooting and killing is much more prioritized than the teamwork, so what are you saying? 
    Also, what about the stat pages focusing HEAVILY on each and every detail there is to list about your guns and vehicles, whereas teamwork stats are nonexistent ? 

There are problems with the game *snip snip*

Again, my reply to Ping5000. I didn't complain about the technical problems 

set up bombing runs on a fucking Sunday you fuck, I cant play on Saturdays.

Fuck you, it's an all-weekend bombing run shindig, so you missed two but you can still play tonight :D
    lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#456  Edited By lethalki11ler

To be honest I kinda agree with all of you lol. While I am not in the alpha, i've seen enough videos to know that it looks great but could be better. Either way, we won't know until it goes gold :)

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#457  Edited By Vinny_Says

but...but...but....you said....you claimed this was the game of the year and that Skyrim would be good but not worthy of any top 10...what is going on?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458  Edited By AhmadMetallic

After reading some info from secret alpha files (learning more about the maps and modes and vehicles), looking at the complete player awards list (an alright amount of teamwork awards), and reading some more staff tweets / player threads, I can now see a bit more of a chance for DICE to do the right thing and not butcher the game. 
    Until they communicate with the community or announce something solid, there's still no guarantee that they're not going for cheap gameplay that lacks the teamwork and depth a Battlefield game deserves.

------------------------------------------------------------------ 
    @RiotBananas said:

Regenerating tanks? Fuck that.

@President_Barackbar said: 
    • Vehicle health: are you saying that vehicles regen health now? If so, I'd really have to see that in action before I could make a judgment call there.
    @Vegsen said: 

Regenerating vehicles seems kinda dumb.

@jelekeloy said: 

(mainly regenerating vehicles)

@Heltom92 said: 

having regen on vehicles is kind of weird 

About vehicle health regen, for those who asked and are interested, i stumbled upon this video which gives you a solid answer :  

@xobballox said: 

@RiotBananas said: 

Regenerating tanks?  Fuck that.

They don't regenerate fully, I believe I read somewhere that they slowly regenerate like 5% or some other low number like that, though I'm not sure on that. 
    @PhatSeeJay said: 

@iAmJohn said:

@The_Nubster said:

@JEC03 said:

Vehicle health generation major fail I hope they don't leave that shit in the game that's the most retarded idea ever can you imagine jet camping dear fucking lord.
    It's mild regeneration so you're not flying around at 1 health. You still need an engineer to get back to full.

How minor are we talking about here (is it like BC2's health regen where it wouldn't bring you back to full?), and with what kind of window? I could see how maybe bumping you up to 10% health if you're at under that for ten seconds or so (or as a reward for getting a kill) could be a pretty okay equalizer, but there's definitely a fine line here and a reason to possibly be upset.

Think it's more closer to how it works with the tank. It can get immobilized at 1 health, but the regens enough to get moving again, but it would not survive another RPG round. That's the impression I got at least

As you can see, it's not minor at all.
    Whether that is a huge problem or not is not the purpose of this reply, i'm just showing you it from the game.
    Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#459  Edited By Contra

I really like Bad Company 2 on the PC and don't understand all the hate it gets
    But then I realise I only play Hardcore servers.  

No spotting (though some servers have it).  No regen health.  No killcams etc.

So to me, other than the voice chat thing.... it feels like BF2 crossed with 2142. 

I don't enjoy default servers because of the times you can just run into a 'brick wall', and there is no way around it.  (of snipers, grenade spam, etc)  

I'll just be hoping for another hardcore setting.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By Funkydupe

There's also another big issue. 

RUSH MODE. This mode doesn't feel like Battlefield to me. I mean, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't Battlefield to me. Luckily BF3 ships with both, the RUSH and CONQUEST modes. CONQUEST might hit the spot more for BF2 fans for example. Bigger maps. Multiple objectives. Shifting between defending and attacking.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#461  Edited By Marz

So after a weekend of playing, there was alot of imbalance which was to be expected.  Defense won 90% of the matches I played and a good portion of those never got out of the first Park area.   I want to blame the extremely sensitive 3d spotting(BC2 spotting wasn't as wide an area) shutting down any flanking attempts but at the same time squad spawning wasn't working correctly as well.  This game gave me a strong Medal Of Honor 2010 vibe with destruction added to it and without killstreaks, the game is really fast paced and the weapon damage is pretty similar(meaning you go down fast if someone has you in their sights).  

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, they have a good game here and there is not much to judge with one map.  I'm sure they will do something in the Beta phase about 3d spotting because every damn thread in the Battlelog forums was about 3d spotting.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#462  Edited By Donos

I wouldn't put too much weight on defense winning rush more right now, I think BC2 was the same way. Defense is typically easier for new players since it demands way less map knowledge and coordination.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#463  Edited By mikemcn

@Donos said:

I wouldn't put too much weight on defense winning rush more right now, I think BC2 was the same way. Defense is typically easier for new players since it demands way less map knowledge and coordination.

Its not that, the map just isn't finished. There isn't enough cover on that park section to allow an attacker to get close enough to take out the target, In order to even reach the gazebo where the B Mcom is, you have to climb a ridge and run across an Open road, the back of the gazebo is completely uncovered, so as soon as defenders spawn in they can shoot you, while any defender who tries to defuse the bomb has a large concrete barricade to hide behind, Add in the fact that attackers couldn't spawn on their squads and it becomes incredibly hard to attack.

I made it past the park section maybe 10 times out of about 50 matches.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God that tank regen video is pretty bad BF3 is getting worst the more I see it but I guess  the only way to enjoy the game is to have lower exceptions it is a mulitplatform so I should know there will be dumbing down especially FPS these days it's pretty disappointing Dice is taking this route.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Ahmad_Metallic: Everytime in that video the health skyrocketed, you could see sparks from an engineer.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466  Edited By MeierTheRed

Well looks like they took some of the 3D spotting critique to heart. 

No Caption Provided
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By scarace360
    @pornstorestiffi said:

No Caption Provided
    Woooo good.
    RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#468  Edited By RIDEBIRD

I've been playing every BF since BF 1942.

I don't mind 3D spotting that much and it didn't annoy me that much in the alpha, even though it was a bit ridiculous in the park area. It seems like it will be toned down, and Demize has stated before he is very unsure wether he likes it or not. It might just go out the window.

Regarding the balance and the map, it's alpha, and it is not finished. It also seems like they took all of the feedback to heart since they updated during testing and fixed common complaints and rebalanced weapons. After that, it felt quite a lot better (M16 not balls to the walls crazy, LMGs actually doing damage).

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @scarace360 said:
    @pornstorestiffi said:

No Caption Provided
    Woooo good.
    Hopefully this will calm down the gaming forums a bit now. At least just for a while.
    RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470  Edited By RIDEBIRD

@roughneck117: +1 as well.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#471  Edited By mosdl

Towards the end of alpha I was seeing offense taking the park over much more often, people finally figured out to use the tank as an offensive cover provider.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By salad10203

No offense Ahmad, but you are really the joke here.  You are completely hating on a game because it isn't exactly like previous one.   

If you love BF2 so much just play Realism Mod instead of trolling those who are excited for BF3 and god forbid actually enjoyed Bad Company 2.   

Believe it or not, your opinion is subjective, and just because you despite spotting (even though hardcore doesn't include it) doesn't mean alot of people didn't enjoy it.   

Believe it or not, EA knows what they are doing and they wouldn't put something into a game unless they had information (Market research) indicating it was wanted. 

So just wait for the full game and if you don't like it, just shut up.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#473  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@pornstorestiffi said:

@scarace360 said:
    @pornstorestiffi said:

No Caption Provided
    Woooo good.
    Hopefully this will calm down the gaming forums a bit now. At least just for a while.

Nice to read they are addressing that.

@mosdl said:

Towards the end of alpha I was seeing offense taking the park over much more often, people finally figured out to use the tank as an offensive cover provider.

It was never hard to take the park, once someone figured out how to properly use the APC in the attack. But it was still frustrating to advance with the current 3D spotting, and when the squad spawning broke down. That seemed to happen quite a lot and a squad effort was impossible.

Still... I liked what I played and am very much looking forward to see the stuff they'll announce with the beta.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#474  Edited By Seppli
    @PhatSeeJay said:

@mosdl said:

It was never hard to take the park, once someone figured out how to properly use the APC in the attack. But it was still frustrating advancing with the current 3D spotting, and when the squad spawning broke down. That seemed to happen quite a lot and making a squad effort was impossible.

Still... I liked what I played and am very much looking forward to see the stuff they'll announce with the beta.

I really hope they'll rethink the spawn system. Seems like something that won't work as intended in a PUB environment, unless you play with friends-list dudes all of the time.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475  Edited By scarace360
    @pornstorestiffi said:
    @scarace360 said:
    @pornstorestiffi said:

No Caption Provided
    Woooo good.
    Ya i also hope they just take out  tanks getting back health cause thats stupid.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476  Edited By TwoOneFive

well executed argument. that spotting and aim assist is for pussies. 

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @scarace360 said:
    @pornstorestiffi said:
    @scarace360 said:
    @pornstorestiffi said:

No Caption Provided
    Woooo good.
    Ya i also hope they just take out  tanks getting back health cause thats stupid.
    Damn! did not know about that one, seriously they get back health. That sounds really weird.
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#478  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @TwoOneFive said:
    Isn't that what Hardcore is for?
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By scarace360
    @pornstorestiffi said:
    @scarace360 said:
    @pornstorestiffi said:
    @scarace360 said:
    @pornstorestiffi said:

No Caption Provided
    Woooo good.
    Damn! did not know about that one, seriously they get back health. That sounds really weird.
    Ya they can gain all there health back its really stupid they should take that out.
    salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By salad10203

I don't understand the argument at all. 

Threre is already a hardcore mode that doesn't have spotting, why all the fuss?

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481  Edited By BlatantNinja23

if you have just an issue with spotting just do what i do and play hardcore.

ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By ElBarto
    @salad10203 said:
    I don't understand the argument at all.  Threre is already a hardcore mode that doesn't have spotting, why all the fuss?
    Because if they play Hardcore they'll just bitch about recons killing them in one shot.
    salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483  Edited By salad10203
    @ElBarto: I have played hardcore since day one and I honestly don't think I have heard a single complaint of snipers being overpowered.
    ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By ElBarto
    @salad10203: I play Hardcore myself and people in the servers I play on bitch, people on this forum have bitched about it and on other forums I've been to bitch about it. I don't complain about it because I am a sniper but I'm saying that is one of the excuses for not playing hardcore some players have.
    Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
    darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah balance changes and such happen during  alpha  and beta testing most things will change before the game comes out . I also don't think most of the things you are bitching about are such a very big deal and some of it will more then likely change during testing.  

heli and jets having health  regen  is total bullshit though can't shoot the dam things down as is with  regen  it'll  be  next to impossible. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pornstorestiffi said:

No Caption Provided
    ~lol~  
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I radically edited the OP based on a lot of new information.  

@PhatSeeJay said:

@pornstorestiffi said:

@scarace360 said:
    @pornstorestiffi said:

No Caption Provided
    Woooo good.

Nice to read they are addressing that.

Yeah i saw that tweet earlier, and decided to edit the OP (based on other new info as well). It's there now if you wanna take a look at the improved points.

@salad10203 said:
    No offense Ahmad, but you are really the joke here.  You are completely hating on a game because it isn't exactly like previous one.  
    Yeah, i stopped reading there. This thread has 25 pages for you to read and see that no, I don't want a BF2 remake, i want a new game. If you want my opinion explained, by all means, but don't take a quick look at the OP and then start spouting shit bro. 

@W0lfbl1tzers said:
    @TwoOneFive said:
    Isn't that what Hardcore is for?
    No? 

@BlatantNinja23 said: 

if you have just an issue with spotting just do what i do and play hardcore.

This thread isn't solely about spotting (there are like 8 other points), and how is hardcore the solution? 
    intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488  Edited By intro

Good to see they're working the spotting thing. I honestly don't give a damn whether it's like that in the final game or not. Although, I'd prefer it not be.  

I think they should make it so when you spot someone, it only shows up on the map, not your screen. I heard that's what they did for BF2, correct me if I'm wrong, cause I've never played it. Did anyone complain about it when it was like that? It seems like it would be a good system. 

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By Funkydupe

There'll always be people complaining, they can't satisfy everyone 100%. I didn't notice anyone complaining about the spotting system's functionality in BF2, but I did notice and support the complaints about the repetitive audio tied to spotting; Especially when specific players in the commander's role ran UAV spotting sprees. Sure, the effect was really great mini-map support in terms of knowing where the enemy was, but the the sound flooded everything else audio-wise.  

I don't think I'm a good enough player to do the Hardcore mode. If spotting remains somewhat the same as in the Alpha, I'll still manage to enjoy the game I think. Its a good sign when you 'miss' the game after trying a work-in-progress version. It'll turn out just fine.

vaportra1l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490  Edited By vaportra1l

I don't mind the spotting at all. I think it makes it better for teamwork, that way you don't have to call it out over voice with 15 other dudes on your team.

I would think the military is working on similar systems as well for infantry. Jet fighters use other jet's intelligence all the time. The F22 can do it.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By Donos

What happened to the other thread that got posted this morning? I was writing a response to it, then it disappeared. It didn't look like there was anything litigious in it......

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @JEC03 said:
    God that tank regen video is pretty bad BF3 is getting worst the more I see it but I guess  the only way to enjoy the game is to have lower exceptions it is a mulitplatform so I should know there will be dumbing down especially FPS these days it's pretty disappointing Dice is taking this route.
    Apparently we have to lower our expectations for about every game now-a-days, our community has been infested by noobs, and they outnumber us. So the developers listen to those noobs because there are more of them. It's just sad that this is the current road of video games. Make them as easy as possible so 10 year olds can play our M-rated games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493  Edited By 137

until the game is in anyones hands, after going gold I don't see why anyone should be able to form an opinion other than early alpha feedback. Battlefield two received almost 3 patches to change the gameplay mechanics because of crybabies.

complaint : omg the noob tube is not fair

fix : nerfed the noob toob

complaint: the blackhawk when used with a team is an indestructible force of rape, I'm selling this game.

fix : nerfed the blackhawk, now nobody fly's it. useless in game transportation that can't defend itself, you're welcome!

complaint: omg dolphin diving, jumping assholes are making this game super unfun.

fix : you now are airborn for 3 seconds at a time, a bigger target, and cant hit anything while jumping and firing, oh and we removed prone.

complaint: knifing is too easy in this game and there are boosters earning non legit knifing medals

fix : we have now made knifing a small film everytime you do it. don't miss

complaint : all of the above changes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From 6 years of playing battlefield 2, refusing to even get into bad company 2 until recently because I am sick of stupid MW2 hacker losers. I don't see why you guys are complaining, or calling the game a joke. A solution to heads up displays (play hardcore mode like a good gamer) you want casual gaming then deal with how the game is set up in normal mode, who gives a rats ass about 3d maps and character spotting. It's normal mode it's supposed to be cheesy and holding your hand through gameplay.

You had a 3d mini map in bf2, if someone was spotted by your commander you could tell where they were in the general area and if you used these crazy things called microphones someone would be nice enough to tell you exactly where they saw them if your commander wasn't already trying to arty drop on them.

So please until the game comes out, formulate an opinion then instead of trying to be negative.

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#494  Edited By Ping5000
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#495  Edited By PhatSeeJay

L_Twin KM Troedsson by Battlefield

Just experienced some awesome Conquest action - #BF3 is getting ready for #gamescom!

Alright. Definitely looking forward to gamescom after Battlefield promoted this tweet!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496  Edited By AhmadMetallic

There have been some significant changes and/or announcements lately, so i'm requesting a lock on this thread 

A new fresh blog with all the new info, new points and new commentary will come soon, in a few days.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497  Edited By Potter9156

I agree with some of the arguments you make, which is why I'll only play on hardcore mode. And I hope DICE take more than five minutes to implement the hardcore mode this time. Because hardcore in BC2 was A MESS. When you don't have a crosshair, it's kind of important that every weapon has ironsights. Every mounted gun in BC2 didn't let you ads, and some the regular weapons didn't let you either. So, uuh, YOU CAN'T FUCKING AIM. And some of them even had a crosshair enabled because the ironsights were so fucked up without them. So you have this hodge podge of weapons that let you ads, and ones that don't, and even some random guns that randomly have a crosshair. 

Ugh. What a mess. At least put some effort into the hardcore mode this time, DICE. Please?

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498  Edited By thebeast

Locked at Ahmad_Metallica's request.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.