Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield 3 Premium Edition $30 on Amazon

Grimmrobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Grimmrobe

I've been wanting to download the premium code, but a), it's too expensive and b), I don't know if the content is worth it.

Obviously $30 is a great deal for the code, but is the content any good?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm literally (and humbly) the biggest Battlefield 3 fan on this site and even I can't answer your question. Haven't touched the game in a long time, one year later I really can't tell whether the game is good or bad, whether the community plays it wrong or my expectations of the players are too ridiculous, and so on..

Dunno, maybe buy it, maybe don't buy it, it's really fun, but it also sucks.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By CrimsonNoir

I wish they'd just lower the price of the Premium upgrade already. I already own the base game, so I don't need the Premium Edition that comes with BF3.

thornie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thornie

I'll echo what Ahmad said. Battlefield 3 can simultaneously be the best, most fun online FPS game and the worst. It's highs are unbeatable and can't be matched, and it's lows will make you not want to play the game for long stretches.

daedelus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daedelus

$30 is a good deal. Before the sale, the premium pass was a $50 digital unlock in the game (or you could buy the retail package for about $60). I snatched it up today because I loved Bad Company 2 and want to drive some tanks around again. From what I hear there are still plenty of people playing online. Bad Company 2 right now is deserted.

daedelus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By daedelus

@CrimsonNoir said:

I wish they'd just lower the price of the Premium upgrade already. I already own the base game, so I don't need the Premium Edition that comes with BF3.

Essentially they did since it is just a code in the retail premium package, so premium for $30 vs $50.

Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Chtasm

Try PlanetSide 2! IMO, what Battlefield 3 should have been: 25 sq km maps with 2000 players per server and almost every combat situation being part of larger push or defense. Capturing points, flying fast & agile attack craft and slow lumbering transports, driving floating/tracked MBTs and quick ATVs, drop pods to get you right into the action, soldier persistence and unlocks--it's all there.

Actually, now that I think about it, this game is a lot like if someone took BF2142 and suped it up with more factions, larger player counts and bigger levels.

Plus, it's free on Steam.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'm really excited to get in on Battlefield 3.That Amazon deal was great .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.