Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield Impressions (PS3)

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mikey87144

After playing a couple of rounds of 3 I think I can definitively say from this demo that this game sucks...

Just kidding. Been seeing that a lot. Anyway, aside from the map there is a lot of things I like. I like the new violence to the guns. Compared to Bad Company 2 and previous Battlefields the guns fire with a type of pop that you see in COD. Not as good but the inspiration is clear. The game looks better, not by much IMO, but better. The foliage provides better camo for sniping, stalking, and sneaking and the effects gun fire seems even more natural.

Things I don't like starts with the look of the opposing team compared to yours. There isn't as big of a difference as you would expect in a game were split second timing is necessary which is another problem I have. Battlefield games usually force you to work together because everyone's overall health is high compared to other shooters, most notably COD. Even if you get the jump on a couple of enemies you usually need another person with you to take them all down. (Before I here "You Suck" let me say that I have taken down entire squads by myself but it usually happens if I come through the room and their backs are turned to me). (Also let me say that I'm talking about on foot battles. Not in vehicles were killing squads happens semi frequently). My biggest complaint though is the choice of map. Battlefield, a game that promises tanks, jets, helicopters, buggys, and what ever else you can use to kill an enemy quickly, decides that it will showcase itself with a Rush map that someone from COD designed? I know it's a beta, which is just a glorified demo nowadays, but wouldn't you want the public's first taste of the game to be a true Battlefield map. Conquest mode with tanks at least?

Anyway I wish I could give my beta key away 'cause I won't be playing Battlefield again until it launches.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ghost_cat

Supposedly the Caspian map will be out today or tomorrow, but I don't know if that is PC only. You might want reconsider that last part now.

Airickson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Airickson

I don't think this game looks any better than, for example, MOH. I also found inconsistent hit markers in the game. The interface is rotten (can't mute other players, can't bring up the menu except when you are alive and in the game). That being said, I think the actual release will be better, but maybe I'm just fooling myself.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By falserelic

It feels pretty much like an improved version of bad company 2. But I enjoyed the beta.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By TheHBK

"I like the new violence to the guns."

Well this sums it up.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By lead_farmer

@Airickson said:

can't bring up the menu except when you are alive and in the game.

Yeah, that is kind of a problem. Hoping that doesn't stay that way.

An issue I'm having is that a lot of players seem to be clipping under the ground of the stage from time to time.

The shooting pretty much feels like Medal Of Honor, but the guns feel better. Not sure how to describe that.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

"Even if you get the jump on a couple of enemies you usually need another person with you to take them all down"

No you don't, that's the complete opposite of my experience on the PC version.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By CrimsonNoir

I had trouble identifying my team from the enemy when I first got into the game, but then i realized spotting was turned off. In the regular matches you see your teammates names above their heads, enemies don't have that and you can spot them to confirm they're enemies.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Ghost_Cat said:

Supposedly the Caspian map will be out today or tomorrow, but I don't know if that is PC only. You might want reconsider that last part now.

PC only
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Devil240Z

I keep falling though the damn floor!

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Cloudenvy

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Ghost_Cat said:

PC only

Are they going to fully open it up or do we have to keep leaking passwords and stuff?

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ghost_cat

@Cloudenvy said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Ghost_Cat said:

PC only

Are they going to fully open it up or do we have to keep leaking passwords and stuff?

If anything, it will be open midway in the open beta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.