Battlefield receiving 3 expansions

#1 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Sorry for not providing links because I'm on my phone but if you just go to ign they detail the 3 new packs coming out

One is called close quarters which you guessed it, is involved only inside buildings which makes it infantry only noooo vehicles. This pack is said to have 4 maps and some new weapons

Second is called armored kill and they claim it I the biggest map(s) the team has ever made. My guess is there will be vehicles (sarcasm)

Lastly I called end day and it has no details whatsoever.

I could always use more bf3 but I'm a little cautious about this total indoors maps. Anyway what do you guys think of this?

If anyone could link a source it would be greatly appreciated =)

#2 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I sure hope those inside maps are better then operation metro.

#3 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

@Arker101 said:

what are you talking about that map is amazing don't you love spamming asus-12 frag rounds?

#4 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Looking forward to this "armored kill", I really hope this isn't the "Biggest maps we've ever made with 1 fifth of each as the playable area" but rather "biggest maps we've ever made over half of each can be traversed" mentality. 

As in, Gulf of Oman playable area, not Operation Firestorm. 

Edit: It's freaking stupid that they're not mixing both map types within these expansions. 2 big 2 small ones in each expansion to keep pleasing both sides, rather than 4 small ones now and 4 big ones later!

#5 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Arker101 said:

what are you talking about that map is amazing don't you love spamming asus-12 frag rounds?

i cant belive there nerfing that best gun in the game, everybody else just hates my leet skillz with that gun. I'm so pro going support with claymores and spamming frag rounds and grenades.

Hey, you know when I want DICE to make more inside maps?

#6 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

@Arker101 said:

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Arker101 said:

i cant belive there nerfing that best gun in the game, everybody else just hates my leet skillz with that gun. I'm so pro going support with claymores and spamming frag rounds and grenades.

Hey, you know when I want DICE to make more inside maps?

As someone who only plays Assault and is useless against vehicles, i really enjoy the smaller interior maps so I'm really looking forward to the Close Quaters Map Pack.

They already released Back to Karkand which are large maps so i'm happy they are changing things up with some smaller ones.

#7 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

@zombie2011: I don't mind inside maps, but I mind when they're poorly designed(ALA OP Metro). I just don't think DICE knows how to make a good one. I would love to be wrong though.

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic You commented on my bf3 thread? Is it weird I feel honored? Probably not but anyway I totally agree. I actually like shaking things up with metro after playing a big outside map so I'm kinda ok with close quarters stuff. But I do wish that they would just push back the date and combine the two. Also early implications are the last dlc will be story content… but I sure hope not, don't remember the last time i played that campaign
#9 Edited by Butler (384 posts) -

Metro is an insult and big slap in the face. It is the antithesis to what makes Battlefield enjoyable. It is a direct response to drag in COD players to bump up sales. That being said I have had some dumb fun on it trying to suicide my way up the escalators during conquest.

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Arker101 said:

Counter-sniping with M1014 and the 7x scope is so much more rewarding.

#10 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Hopefully the Close Quarters maps will be better laid out so that there isn't just a giant cluster fuck in the middle, I'm looking at you Metro. I'm really looking forward to the Armored Kill expansion though.

Here's a link too.

#11 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

@Butler said:

Metro is an insult and big slap in the face. It is the antithesis to what makes Battlefield enjoyable. It is a direct response to drag in COD players to bump up sales. That being said I have had some dumb fun on it trying to suicide my way up the escalators during conquest.

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Arker101 said:

Counter-sniping with M1014 and the 7x scope is so much more rewarding.

actually my favorite loadout for that map is Famas with 7x scope, heavy barrel and foregrip.

#12 Edited by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

I've wanted a close quarters map for awhile now, if you're going to have infantry only maps, make them somewhat complex, don't make them a tunnel like op metro.

#13 Posted by DarkGamerOO7 (574 posts) -

I would like to see at least one map that resurrected the Titan mode from Battlefield 2142 but with battleships, and all the combat would be water and air, with the exception infantry combat upon breaching the other team's battleship.

#14 Posted by chilibean_3 (1622 posts) -

Yeah. When I first read "Close Quarters" my first reaction was, nope not buying that. Maybe they won't be awful. I hope so.

#15 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

So damn excited about this. Sounds dumb, but I don't care what the maps are as long as they're well made. I'm more than ready to learn the nooks and crannies of more BF3 maps.

#16 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

I'll pass, all I need is Wake Island and Karkand. I'm not a fan the Vanilla BF3 maps.

#17 Posted by bwmcmaste (838 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

I'm not a fan the Vanilla BF3 maps.

I like every one except for Operation Firestorm.

#18 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: USAS*

#19 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@VisariLoyalist: USAS*

nonono it's pronounced Eh-SUS

#20 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: Like the computer?

#21 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@VisariLoyalist: Like the computer?

I was trying to make a joke about how the asus people are uptight about how you pronounce their company name yes :P

#22 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: I know, I caught it. :D

#23 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@VisariLoyalist: I know, I caught it. :D

oh really well that's just swell buddy let's have a good laugh now

#24 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist:

#25 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

I love more indoors maps and less vehicles why? You guessed it, I suck at using vehicles.

#26 Edited by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: Myself, I do not.

#27 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

@big_jon: curse you big jon curse you!!!

#28 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: I loled

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.